Notices
C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Base/Z51 Differential

Old 06-12-2019, 12:35 AM
HC Mechanic
CF Senior Member

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default 06 Base/Z51 Differential

Planning on switching over to an RPM Transmissions level 7 TR6060 trans with a custom gear set, for this I’m considering upgrading my stock differential to either a stage 2 or stage 3.

Stage 2 includes Z06 half shafts while stage 3 gives you 300M half shafts, carbon clutches, and Z06 pinion support.
So far I’m leaning towards the stage 2 upgrade being more then enough.

Goals:
Planning to stay n/a with no more then 600rwtq. I have little interest in doing excessively hard launches from a stop. Much more interested in roll racing and occasional road course work.

I’m curious to gain a consensus on what level of rwtq and use the standard C6 differential can handle?

Last edited by HC Mechanic; 06-12-2019 at 12:38 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:14 AM
jonjoy
CF Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

don't see a problem with that, I'm running near 500 RWTQ and the SC people are running over that with no issues. C5 ZO6 half shafts are a nice upgrade

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 06 Base/Z51 Differential

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: