C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle/cruise control issues. Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 06:08 PM
rabrooks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Throttle/cruise control issues. Help Please

2009 Z06, 48,000 miles 100% stock.
So I'm having an issue I have never seen discussed on this forum. I hope someone can help. Whenever my cruise control is engaged, my throttle will blip like I punched the throttle, then the cruise disengages. At first, I thought I had a cruise control issue. But after playing with it. it seems to be more of a Throttle Body/PCM/Throttle Position Sensor issue.

When this happens, I can press the resume button and the cruise will resume the previous set speed as it should. It might work fine for 10 seconds or 10 minutes. Sometimes it will perform as it should most of the day. Yesterday I drove about 120 miles and the car went thru this sequence about 10 times and then worked fine after that. On the return trip. The cruise worked perfectly all the way home. I have played with various speeds and gears to see If I can find any correlation. Today in 4th gear at 53 mph worked fine. 6th gear at 60, 65, 70 the cruise or the throttle acts up

I'm not sure if the cruise is the problem and causing the throttle to blip. Or if the throttle is blipping causing the cruise to disengage.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Roger

Last edited by rabrooks; 06-14-2019 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:39 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Check the clutch pedal assist spring.

There is a button on the top of the pedal that if the pedal is not keeping it depressed, it will kick the system out like if you are pushing the clutch in.

As for blip, could be throttle sensor pedal, or could be TB sensor that has a bad spot and cause the problem. Both are easy to check with a tech II to see if either one has a dead spot in the pick up sensors through the full strokes of all the sensors (restat type sensors).

If the pedal sensor the problem, it gets fixed by just replacing the entire pedal assembly (sensor it too much a PITA to try to swap it out in the pedal assembly). If the TB and you have the skill, you can pull it apart to clean the swiper arm and T stat bar pick ups that may have some corrosion/fouling.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:17 AM
rabrooks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Ill look at these things you mention and see what i can figure out.

Does anyone have a schematic of how the cruise system works.. I might be able to track it.

The throttle works completely perfect when the cruise isnt engaged. So whatever the problem is, i believe it involves tbe cruise signal routing

Get notified of new replies

To Throttle/cruise control issues. Help Please

Quick Reply: Throttle/cruise control issues. Help Please