C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

unrecognized keyless transmitters, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 11:04 AM
pelenako
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unrecognized keyless transmitters, 2008

my first post : i recently bought an 08 coupe. it came with two x-mitters, each has a small #1on the bottom. they work fine to operate the car. however they are unrecognized. no dic message saying driver 1 or 2 comes on when the car is turned on. also the options button when pressed says “ options unavailable”. my question is if i perform the 16 step, 30minute relearning procedure (or the shorter procedure if one has a recognized x-mitter) will that provide me with #1 and #2 recognized x-mitters ?? or am i in danger of ending up with 2 x-mitters that won’t operate the car. also weird is that if i am driving the car on the road the options button does work and i can scroll through the options but only if driving on the road. thanks for your help. bernard
Old 07-12-2019, 11:37 AM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Sounds like the FOBs you have are prgrammed as #3 and #4. While the car can accommodate 4 FOBs, only the ones that are programmed as #1 and #2 can access the memory options. The number stamped on the case of the FOB has no relationship to how it is programmed. The stamped number is just there for humans to ID the FOB.

Here is the Forum tried and tested DIY FOB programming thread, in case you haven't seen it. Read the procedure thoroughly so you understand. The general advice is, if you are doing the long procedure for the first time meaning you don't know if things work correctly, drive the car to a Chev dealer's lot and do the procedure there. If there are problems and you end up bricking the system so the car can't be driven you won't have a tow bill to deal with to get it to the dealer.

Good luck.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tructions.html
Old 07-12-2019, 12:53 PM
pelenako
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks rick. very helpful. i’ll try at dealers lot sometime. i’m 100 miles from dealer, far northern california glad i was able to re logon to reply. was shut out for a day or so. its taking time & effort to learn this site but worth it. bernard

Get notified of new replies

To unrecognized keyless transmitters, 2008

Quick Reply: unrecognized keyless transmitters, 2008