C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lack of HP in the C6

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Jimwood
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Lack of HP in the C6 (need-for-speed)

[QUOTE] You haven't seen LS1's running 12.7's .... :lol: :rofl: :bs
I can just see you in a few years when you buy a used C5 ........ "no way will an LS2 beat a LS1" :rofl: :lolg: :lolg:

QUOTE]

:rolleyes:
I think your about the last person in the world to tell Scorp to go to the track more. If you hung out at the track and people liked you, you would know only the chump is told that someones car is running stock and then right after that converstation they go burn up a 11 sec pass :lol: In your mind every C5 easily runs deep 12's with no mods right? :lol:

Heres a free tip for you, when a corvette burns down the 1/4 mile and you hear a higher pitch sound like a turbine, that car is NOT stock. This is a good starting point for you.
:cheers:

You should throw some Z06 badges on them fenders. With your slip times no one will believe its NOT a z06 ;) :rofl:

[Modified by Jimwood, 4:15 AM 1/23/2004]
Old 01-23-2004, 10:26 AM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Default Re: Lack of HP in the C6 (Jimwood)

:rolleyes:
I think your about the last person in the world to tell Scorp to go to the track more. If you hung out at the track and people liked you, you would know only the chump is told that someones car is running stock and then right after that converstation they go burn up a 11 sec pass :lol:
Heres a free tip for you, when a corvette burns down the 1/4 mile and you hear a higher pitch sound like a turbine, that car is NOT stock. This is a good starting point for you.
You're just pissed cuz I busted you on all of your repetitious bashing of the C6. Now you say the C6 is growing on you? :lol:

Man, you need to sober up before you hit the keyboard. Everything in my post is true. If you don't like the times I posted in there then tough. He said he has never seen a stock C5 run 12.7's with drag radials. That means he hasn't been to the track enough. It's a simple statement of fact. No need to get upset about it or start making stuff up. I know most of the people whose times I quoted and I know what (minor bolt on) mods they have. They are not completely stock as Scorp alluded to, but most of them were not on drag radials either and I picked examples with very minor mods. They are all Corvetteforum members. Are you saying that they are lying about their mods? It's a yes or no question. Are you saying stock C5's can't run 12.7's with drag radials? It's a yes or no question. And don't reword the question to include turbines or whether or not people like me. I don't live at the track but I have made several passes. Have you? Where are your times? I don't talk smack before I race because one never knows what the other guy has. LT4 C4's and LS1 C5's have been shown to be very close in the quarter mile. So close that the driver makes the difference. But an incorrect statement is an incorrect statement. Period. I don't know where the rest of your statements came from....about people liking me?? I don't care if people like me. About turbines? Where did that statement come from? Who the hell was talking about turbines and heavily modded C5's? Once again, drink a little coffee (strong, black) before you log on next time. I don't understand why some people go on and on about LT4s' and LS1's? That's old. Get over it. Enjoy your LT1, LT4, or LT5 without bashing the new stuff. It makes you look jealous, which I know you aren't. Do you spend all of your time bench racing and bashing Corvettes newer than yours? What a way to go through life. You have to lower the percieved value of the other guys car to feel better about yours. Pitiful. Don't you know how it makes you look? And for the record, when my fellow LS1 C5 owners bashed the 2001 Z06 when it came out, I called them on that too. For the record, I praised the Z06 and said I'd like to own one. See how easy that is? Offer praise for a superior car instead of criticizing it. Unwarranted criticism reveals low self esteem and a lack of self confidence. I like ALL generations of Corvettes. I'll even say I like the C6 when I'm still driving a C5. But then again, I'm self assured.

In your mind every C5 easily runs deep 12's with no mods right? :lol:
The examples of 12.5 sec and 12.7 sec C5's are fact. Clearly, they are "top 10 percentile" type numbers. Average times for a C5 are closer to my times but Scorp said he has NEVER seen a 12.7 sec C5 and I am just providing data. Think of me as someone providing valuable research. ;) Are you saying that those 2 Corvetteforum members lied about their times? It's a yes or no question. Where in TF do you get this crap about me not knowing what a stock motor is? Do you hear voices when type? Do you even know how to work on cars? Have you ever rebuilt a motor, rebuilt a 700R4 (that's a transmission), and retrofitted it into an older car, swapped cylinder heads, cams, rebuilt suspensions, rebuilt a limited slip carrier (that's inside the pumpkin looking thingie in the back), rebuilt a starter motor or a carburetor, swapped out rear ends, made a lock up torque converter work on a non computer controlled car, rebuilt interiors, rewired a dash, retrofitted factory gauges into an instrument cluster w/ idiot lights, replaced brakes, A/C systems, exhaust, headers, bondo'd a door, etc., etc? I know about cars and HP and I know that a stock C5 on runflats runs low 13's -high 12's. Why do you feel the need to make stuff up about turbines and races that never happened? :confused: WTF is that about?

You should throw some Z06 badges on them fenders. With your slip times no one will believe its NOT a z06 ;) :rofl:
Where did that come from? I HATE fake badges. Are you making fun of my FRC because it's not a Z06? To me, that is bashing that should get you removed from this board. I didn't make fun of your car. Are you making fun of my 1/4 mile times? Please elaborate.....

* edited to make nicer since you were halfway civil on the thread about the Nissan.

[Modified by need-for-speed, 10:33 AM 1/23/2004]
Old 01-23-2004, 07:22 PM
WFO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lack of HP in the C6 (Roadfrog)

With the C6, your getting essentially a blank canvas to work from. A fresh upgraded LS2 engine. Think of all the performance possibilities. In the hands of reputable and competent people, whew!

Looks like an after-market bananza once again. Or, you can just wait for the C6-ZO6 and get your ears pinned back for the price.

:lolg:

[Modified by WFO, 12:31 AM 1/24/2004]

Quick Reply: Lack of HP in the C6