C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam size compared to a LS6 5.7L and a LS2 6.0L

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 09:46 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Default Cam size compared to a LS6 5.7L and a LS2 6.0L

Guys and gals,

Since I am officially waiting for the C6 Convertible, I have a questions about cam size versus displacement. I ran the MTI Stage II set up in my WS6 with the B1 cam(221/221 at .050, .558/.558 and 114 degrees lobe seperation). I actually tried 2 cams in the vehicle, as I lived in Arizona at the time and IM240 roller emissions where in place. The first cam passed almost like stock and the B1 cam actually passed very clean, only NOx was coming up to about 50% of allowed so I stopped there. This was through high flow cats that are supposably not as efficient as factory cats, I am not sure the C6 will need a cat swap with the newer technology cats on it.

Okay, I want to achieve the same thing in the C6. Excellent driveability(B1 cam ran fine in the Arizona heat with A/C, no issues and smooth idle at 900rpm) and nice power with emissions capability. I know a TR cam at 224/224 at .050 and 114 degrees seperation also passes this test(lift is about the same). So, with that knowledge, is there some percentage I can increase cam size for a increase in displacement and still maintain the emissions capability? I know tuning will come up, so I will say that I will have it tuned as best as I can(Steve Cole did my WS6) once the LS2 PCM is a little better known.

Todd

Quick Reply: Cam size compared to a LS6 5.7L and a LS2 6.0L