C6 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C6 products, services and promotions.

New Borla Atak, S-type II, and Touring Exhausts Available & On Sale @ MarylandSpeed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Ruffian5
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just ordered the Borla ATAK for my 2005 coupe. Can't wait to get it. Great price, no tax, no shipping and 30 bucks off with coupon code 'Borlasave'. Thank you!
Old 03-09-2014, 06:03 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks for the order!
Old 03-11-2014, 06:23 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Back to the top!
Old 03-11-2014, 06:39 PM
V8lust
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

From your lead post:

"Touring is Borla's quietest exhaust. It sounds like stock just driving around, but when you get on it, you know a performance exhaust is on the car.
S-Type II is the middle child of Borla's exhaust line. It is a little louder at stock, and a good bit louder under load. However it is still controlled enough for most people in daily driving."

Two questions:
1) Are you saying that at idle, the Touring sounds just like the stock exhaust?
2) Regarding the S-Type II, your quote is "It is a little louder at stock". Do you mean that it's a little louder at idle? Or that it's a little louder than stock?

I'm stuck between these two, and equally afraid I might "under-do" it or "over-do" it for my tastes. I've read threads here in which people say that Touring is so close to stock that it's a waste . . . I've read threads where people with S-Type II say they want to trade for Touring. Very confusing without an in-person listen. I listened to Borla's 9 minute video on their site which seemed to me as if Touring would sound great to me, but to me the idle sounds louder in that video than my stock set up -- but of course it's so hard to tell.

Last edited by V8lust; 03-11-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:14 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by V8lust
From your lead post:

"Touring is Borla's quietest exhaust. It sounds like stock just driving around, but when you get on it, you know a performance exhaust is on the car.
S-Type II is the middle child of Borla's exhaust line. It is a little louder at stock, and a good bit louder under load. However it is still controlled enough for most people in daily driving."

Two questions:
2) Regarding the S-Type II, your quote is "It is a little louder at stock". Do you mean that it's a little louder at idle? Or that it's a little louder than stock?

I'm stuck between these two, and equally afraid I might "under-do" it or "over-do" it for my tastes. I've read threads here in which people say that Touring is so close to stock that it's a waste . . . I've read threads where people with S-Type II say they want to trade for Touring. Very confusing without an in-person listen. I listened to Borla's 9 minute video on their site which seemed to me as if Touring would sound great to me, but to me the idle sounds louder in that video than my stock set up -- but of course it's so hard to tell.
Did you check out my video in post # 72?

Get the S-Type II..............touring is just too quiet (save your money).
Old 03-11-2014, 10:30 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,211 Likes on 823 Posts

From your lead post:

Two questions:

Type 2 is louder than stock everywhere but no drone. WOT is sex. Burble on deceleration is sex. Cold start-up is sex....

Doesn't not sound like a John Deere idling either...
Old 03-12-2014, 01:52 PM
V8lust
Pro

Originally Posted by ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Did you check out my video in post # 72?

Get the S-Type II..............touring is just too quiet (save your money).
I did listen to your video, and I must say it sounds great. I'll also say that it's the best video I've seen for my purposes . . . and I've done a lot of YouTubing!

Still, without being there in person, it's hard for me to tell whether those great sounds would be too loud for my comfort. If I knew, for instance, that my stock system was a "1" and your S-Type II was a "10" in terms of volume . . . and a Touring was a "5" on that scale I might conservatively pick a Touring. If the Touring was instead a "2" on that volume scale, I'd go S-Type II.

Anyway, I'm searching to see if I can hear these systems in person around by me. But if anyone cares to comment on my above "scale question" I'd certainly be interested in reading their comments.

Thanks to you, also Hawkgfr. Your volume comment helped.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:21 PM
DezVette
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I just received my "new" Borla S-Type II exhaust. It sounds great!!! But, this is how it came out of the box... The box and packing foam was undamaged, so this means it went into the box to be shipped in this condition. Talk about a PITA to fix and get the pipes to fit properly.
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2014, 09:59 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by DezVette
I just received my "new" Borla S-Type II exhaust. It sounds great!!! But, this is how it came out of the box... The box and packing foam was undamaged, so this means it went into the box to be shipped in this condition. Talk about a PITA to fix and get the pipes to fit properly.
That is bad but I'm sure you got it bent back in place with a little 'persuasion'.

One of mine was 'slightly' bent but a couple of whacks with a ball pean hammer and all was good.

Yes, it shouldn't have come that way for sure.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:21 AM
V8lust
Pro

Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed
Order now and beat the Spring time rush! Give us a call if you have any questions, 443-730-9428.
Might you answer my question to you about your wording from my post #85?
Old 03-15-2014, 12:58 AM
DezVette
Pro

I just installed the S-type II. At idle it is a little louder and blurpier than the stock exhaust when you first fire it up. You know when it growls and then quiets down at idle? At stock, that first fire up sound is a little quieter than the now idle of the S-type II. WOT is much more aggressive and beautiful sounding. No drone what so ever on the ride home at freeway speeds. I have not yet heard it from the curbside as everyone I offered to let drive it today just smiled and declined. LoL My only point of reference is from inside the cockpit.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:03 AM
V8lust
Pro

Originally Posted by DezVette
I just installed the S-type II. At idle it is a little louder and blurpier than the stock exhaust when you first fire it up. You know when it growls and then quiets down at idle? At stock, that first fire up sound is a little quieter than the now idle of the S-type II. WOT is much more aggressive and beautiful sounding. No drone what so ever on the ride home at freeway speeds. I have not yet heard it from the curbside as everyone I offered to let drive it today just smiled and declined. LoL My only point of reference is from inside the cockpit.
Thanks for the post, DezVette. When you selected the S-type II did you also have an opportunity to hear the Borla Touring? Might you have liked that too? I'm comforted that so many people like their S-Type II, and you post is helping, but I'd fell better if I could hear the two side by side - or at least hear from someone who has. So far, I've been unable to listen myself other than on line. I've called local speed shops that sell Borla, and local Corvette clubs, but the only car I could listen to also had headers, which I feared would just confuse me.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:33 AM
DezVette
Pro

Sorry, no I had not heard the two. I mostly based my decision on the Borla video at Bondurant. The driving instructor in that video states the touring is a little louder than stock and I knew I wanted more than that. I would have even gone with the more extreme Atak, but to me that sounds more like a clacking than a deep American muscle car rumble. I like the throaty sound of the S-type II exhaust. Everyone I know around here has Corsa exhaust and not many with the Borla. But seeing the Borla installed, I am glad that I went this route. All of the Corsa I have seen look much smaller than my Borla. These tips look to be longer and beefier than the Corsa and are days better than the stock exhaust I had removed.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:23 PM
whit1
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

I have a 13 GS and I'm planning on doing Headers. Does the borla sII come with high flow cats ? Is there a system you would recommend ?
Old 04-16-2014, 09:37 AM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by whit1
I have a 13 GS and I'm planning on doing Headers. Does the borla sII come with high flow cats ? Is there a system you would recommend ?
A catback or axleback exhaust will not include the cats. Give us a call and we will be able to get you a nice price on a full set up from the headers all the way back, 443-730-9428.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:01 PM
KABAL182
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks for the post, DezVette. When you selected the S-type II did you also have an opportunity to hear the Borla Touring? Might you have liked that too? I'm comforted that so many people like their S-Type II, and you post is helping, but I'd fell better if I could hear the two side by side - or at least hear from someone who has. So far, I've been unable to listen myself other than on line. I've called local speed shops that sell Borla, and local Corvette clubs, but the only car I could listen to also had headers, which I feared would just confuse me.
If you have the factory nap, the touring is very similar and not worth the cost of the upgrade. I just put the S-type II on my GS Vert and it sounds great no drone , old v8 muscle sound. It's a nice sound thats not in your face when under 2500 rpm, but at WOT it's a beast.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:02 PM
KABAL182
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Oh forgot to thank Maryland speed for the great price and fast delivery!

Get notified of new replies

To New Borla Atak, S-type II, and Touring Exhausts Available & On Sale @ MarylandSpeed!

Old 06-07-2014, 12:33 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Thanks for the order!
Old 07-02-2014, 06:28 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

A reminder for everyone!
Old 07-17-2014, 09:29 AM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Enhance your vehicles performance this summer with MarylandSpeed! We'll help make it happen with our competitive pricing and great service!

Call/PM/Email us with any questions regarding the parts you are interested in and pricing! 443-730-9428

Quick Reply: New Borla Atak, S-type II, and Touring Exhausts Available & On Sale @ MarylandSpeed!