Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Dealership Cheated Me Out Of My Z06

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 06:53 PM
X_03_Cobra_guy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BHP
This is what of many of us do by using a reasonable Forum dealer. Many dealers will not accept a drop ship and those that do are not very friendly due to the "bypass." I just promise them sevice loyalty which I will do to compensate. It is not my problem that they did not what to deal in the first place.

Isn't there a car dealers association agreement of sorts between the big
3 automakers and dealerships. That the automakers are not allowed to sell
directly to the public???
Old 10-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Kelly100
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by allanlaw
Forget for a moment that this is allegedly a bad dealer - or that both of these dealers were or are really bad dealers. Do you have two different people confirming the other facts of the original post? Maybe someone who actually knows "MarinCounty," his 4 Vipers, etc.? Just curious.
Why is it so important to verify the vipers etc. Someone already called the dealership and said to HEAD FOR THE HILLS. Plus you have several independent sources. The story is a done deal. All it basically boils down to is another CA dealer scalping cars which ain't exactly news.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:13 PM
427Z
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelly100
Boy, you are really a piece of dung. I just stated the facts. You apparently cannot distinguish between fact and crying the blues. However, If you think you are going to start a war with me you are wrong. The original poster stated his facts and I have independently backed them up. No more is required of me So you can get in all the last words and insults you want
yes, very classy indeed. i show skepticism, and you call me and another forum member names-notice, no name calling in my original post-then you act shocked when someone fires back.

i could say a lot more, but you're not worth it. glad you opted to stfu and the rest is all
Old 10-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Robnrog
Advanced

I apologize for any trouble, but I seem to have slipped away from the Adult area of the forum. Could someone please point me back in the right direction?
Old 10-04-2005, 07:45 PM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnDFW
yes, very classy indeed. i show skepticism, and you call me and another forum member names-notice, no name calling in my original post-then you act shocked when someone fires back.

i could say a lot more, but you're not worth it. glad you opted to stfu and the rest is all
How can you say that?

You CLEARLY said
Originally Posted by ShawnDFW
STFU noob and quit your
Don't you KNOW what STFU means?

Do you even HAVE a license?

Grow up...get a life.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:07 PM
ZO683
Advanced

Ib4tl
Old 10-04-2005, 08:12 PM
427Z
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe90
How can you say that?

You CLEARLY said

Don't you KNOW what STFU means?

Do you even HAVE a license?

Grow up...get a life.
in my first post i did not call anyone any names. i was only skeptic and said to get over this situation and move on.

go back to my first post on this thread and READ if you know how.

THEN smartypants calls me and another forum member an AH

THEN i say stfu
Old 10-04-2005, 08:25 PM
MarinCounty
Heel & Toe

I don't know why some people were so concerned about the fact of me utilizing an international abbreviation for the United States Dollar (USD). I have gotten used to writing "USD" in place of the $ (dollar sign) because of the fact that I am CONTINUALLY dealing with foreign products from Hong Kong, Hong Kong Dollars (HKD) and China Dollars, (RMB). In dealing and transport we always have to clarify specifically WHAT currency we are dealing with. And for the fact of me not being American? I was BORN AND RAISED in California, and my decent is German, French, Irish, Sweedish and Scottish -- I think as American 57 as you can get... anyway, for the person that said I didn't mention anthing about me? My name is Robert, I live in Marin County, CA, and am an Engineering and Building Contractor (A & B Licensed).
Old 10-04-2005, 08:36 PM
rockettc
Racer

So I assume Kurt was the head corvette salesman or manager. So if the dealership went out of business where did the allocation go? If GM agreed to transfer the allocation for Anderson to Putnam then it would seem that GM has some responsibility to honor those contracts or to have someone honor them.

When a dealership goes out of business, doesn't GM have some kind of procedure to find out about cars that may have been ordered and cars that have deposits on them?

Just curious.

(By the way,I live few miles from what was Anderson Chevrolet in Menlo Park.)
Old 10-04-2005, 08:40 PM
MarinCounty
Heel & Toe

Well to clarify that they really are CROOKS, KURT while working at Anderson Chevrolet told us initially that we were going to be 12th on the list, when he told his manager that we were purchasing TWO cars simultaneously, then he said he could bump my father and I to the position of 2nd and 3rd, Sounds pretty screwed and being he did this, we should have realized at that time that they were friendly to unethical business practices. It just so happens that the FIRST car delivered by Anderson Chevrolet was delivered about 5 or 6 days before they closed their doors. Our Car, being number 2 (Silver, w/ Ebony and Red interior) was number 2 and Kurt had to contact GM to RE-ROUTE HIS ORDER that he placed for us. The car would have been delivered to what ever dealership he was going to transfer to being he requested the transfer.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:40 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MarinCounty
I don't know why some people were so concerned about the fact of me utilizing an international abbreviation for the United States Dollar (USD).
Robert, it's a fact of internet life that a lot of b.s. gets posted, and then folks just run with it. This can be particularly true with first posters whose first posts have odd things in them. The tradition used to be to put some personal information on the user profile, which was helpful when trying to answer technical questions - like knowing the year of the car, etc. This seems to be the exception now, rather than the rule. Anyway, don't take it personally, and accept my sympathy for the raw deal that you received from these dealers. I went outside of CA to do my deal (with Kerbeck) partly to avoid having to do business with the likes of these chaps. All the best.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:42 PM
jim482
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03 & '06

Originally Posted by allanlaw
Robert, it's a fact of internet life that a lot of b.s. gets posted, and then folks just run with it. This can be particularly true with first posters whose first posts have odd things in them. The tradition used to be to put some personal information on the user profile, which was helpful when trying to answer technical questions - like knowing the year of the car, etc. This seems to be the exception now, rather than the rule. Anyway, don't take it personally, and accept my sympathy for the raw deal that you received from these dealers. I went outside of CA to do my deal (with Kerbeck) partly to avoid having to do business with the likes of these chaps. All the best.

Robert,
Thanks for sharing the information about the dealership. Good information to pass on so others do not get cheated.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:54 PM
markbrown
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gonzalezfj
Very perceptive and ACCURATE. After 40 years of dealing in international business, I guarantee that the writer is not American.

Any of us would have said $500 or 500 dollars.

Frank Gonzalez
actually anyone who trades the futures markets will often use the symbol for the currency. SF, DM, DX (USD), ED etc.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:55 PM
camille
Racer

Originally Posted by rockettc
So I assume Kurt was the head corvette salesman or manager. So if the dealership went out of business where did the allocation go? If GM agreed to transfer the allocation for Anderson to Putnam then it would seem that GM has some responsibility to honor those contracts or to have someone honor them.

When a dealership goes out of business, doesn't GM have some kind of procedure to find out about cars that may have been ordered and cars that have deposits on them?
Kurt is/was simply a salesman, one with a particularly bad attitude and a knack for compulsive lying. Any allocation originally promised to Anderson had nothing to do with Kurt. There is no conceivable way that a promised allocation of future cars would or should follow a salesman from one dealership to another.

As for a car that was actually ordered by a customer, and the dealerships folds, then it would seem to be a reasonable liklihood that another dealer could complete that transaction with the original customer. Ultimately, the new dealer (Putnam) that paid for this vehicle did not have an agreement (new deposit, statement in writing, etc) with MarinCounty, so he will have difficulty convincing Putnam that the car belongs to him.

I still have difficulty understanding how he found himself at the head of the line at Anderson with his June '05 johnny-come-lately deposit. The most likely explanation is that Kurt told him whatever he wanted to hear, promised him the moon, strung him along to follow him to Putnam, then tried to pull another fast one on his fellow salespeople claiming the newly arrived car should go to one of his customers.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:57 PM
GN1270
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even Chrysler handles their dealerships better. if you are not a 5 star dealer, no SRT vehicles/ GM should do the same. Come up with a rating system and only the best dealers get Vettes, or Solstices, or Caddy V series vehicles. (what the hell can you hold over a Buick dealership?)Then you will see some better customer service.

Oh, and why does the 2nd poster quote the first poster, especially when its a long one. i see that here alot.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:00 PM
canadian z06
Advanced

Hey Guys, up here in Canada they are also marking up $15,000 above msrp. All the guys that I know at several dealerships are saying just wait and the prices will eventually come down and probably lower than the msrp.

No offence to all of us who own Z06's but they will come down and the dealers will cry for sales.

Too bad you had to go through the frustration. Once again GM screws with customer loyalty.

Pisses me off.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Z06LUST
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

It just so happens that the FIRST car delivered by Anderson Chevrolet was delivered about 5 or 6 days before they closed their doors. Our Car, being number 2 (Silver, w/ Ebony and Red interior) was number 2 and Kurt had to contact GM to RE-ROUTE HIS ORDER that he placed for us. The car would have been delivered to what ever dealership he was going to transfer to being he requested the transfer.
Marin--good luck with the battle--however, I do have a question about this. From everything I've read on the forum...Anderson closed a good month ago, if not longer (how time flies--AND if I'm recalling the correct dealership)--with folks complaining about Orders that were now meaningless and that they had to start chasing wait lists again with other dealers....Unless I really wrong the 1st Z06's only started showing up a week or so ago.....How is it that Anderson delivered their first one when they were out of business before the Z06's even started shipping??? Maybe it was part of their closing to assing the rights etc to another dealer who accepted the original terms...its just they way you list it here that raises an eyebrow or two.

I would have to assume that when Anderson closed that they didn't 'go out of business' in the sense of just selling off inventory and closing the doors but closed via a sale of the dealership...a sale that gave the new owner 'rights' to Andersons allotment of cars for the upcoming year and that GM approved the transfer of such 'allotment' rights.....in that case the new dealership may very well be bound to your deal--if your deal was legally binding--did you actually have a written contract with Andersen spelling out all the terms???

Last edited by Z06LUST; 10-04-2005 at 09:04 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Dealership Cheated Me Out Of My Z06

Old 10-04-2005, 09:03 PM
camille
Racer

Well to clarify that they really are CROOKS, KURT while working at Anderson Chevrolet told us initially that we were going to be 12th on the list, when he told his manager that we were purchasing TWO cars simultaneously, then he said he could bump my father and I to the position of 2nd and 3rd, Sounds pretty screwed and being he did this, we should have realized at that time that they were friendly to unethical business practices. It just so happens that the FIRST car delivered by Anderson Chevrolet was delivered about 5 or 6 days before they closed their doors. Our Car, being number 2 (Silver, w/ Ebony and Red interior) was number 2 and Kurt had to contact GM to RE-ROUTE HIS ORDER that he placed for us. The car would have been delivered to what ever dealership he was going to transfer to being he requested the transfer.
Well, I was "number 3," or so I thought. Obviously not an issue now, but helps explain my animus for Kurt. I find it hard to believe that they actually delivered a Z06 before closing, although I realize they sort of stayed open for a while after they made their closing public.

My entire experience with them was horrible - start to finish. Good riddance to the crooks. They got what they deserved.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:11 PM
MarinCounty
Heel & Toe

Appology accepted....
NEW UPDATE TO OUR Z06 SAGA....
The next day, after finding all this out and realizing that we were just PLAIN SCREWED. Our attorney called the dealership, found out that our car had sold for 23K USD over the MSRP. Our attorney initially said that Putnam would be responsible for the difference between what we had in writting (3500 USD over MSRP) and the amount they sold it for (23K USD over MSRP). After doing more research, he corrected his statement and told us that we just got screwed on the deal because he found out that just because our order was transferred to them (even though they didn't initially even have that allocation) didn't mean that they had to honor the agreement that Anderson Chevrolet had with us -- EVEN THOUGH THE CAR WAS ORDERED FOR US!! So all I can hope for is that this post goes out to the heart of all who reads it and spread the word that Putnam Chevrolet in my opinion is a RIP OFF, CONARTIST, UNETHICAL DEALERSHIP (pretty much like all others) but they are the masters. DON'T BUY FROM PUTNAM!!
===============
It really GALLS ME to no end to know that we got screwed, but so did about a dozen or more other order allocations for people that were dealing with Anderson. So, the second day after I had called almost every major dealership in every major city in the US and found that most are selling for 20K USD over MSRP if you want it NOW, like in Sacramento, CA, they have a Yellow one, in Las Vegas they have a Sunset orange, in Florida and Texas you can get cars for 15K over MSRP, in Vienna VA Silver, not fully loaded for 15K over. Most other dealerships will have an allocation ready for order in about a week and you will get a car in about 8 to 10 weeks, but they still want 10 to 15K over. With the craze going on, I thought I was going to not be able to get a car at all for quite awhile. If I can't get a car RIGHT AWAY, then I would just wait for 6 to 8 months to get one at MSRP. There is a really good reason why I want one so soon... you guys will be impressed... I will let you know November 7th! Anyway, I have located two cars... one will be delivered this week, and the Black will be next week. I will have them in my possesion by about the 21st to the 23rd of this month (October). Yeah, I know, a lot of you will say how rediculous that I will be paying 10,000 USD over MSRP for each one, but, I had almost bought another viper until I read about the Z06. Even with the 10K over, I am still less expensive than the new viper coupe that I was on the list to buy.

SO, thanks for all of your concern, but I guess there is not much I can do but bad mouth Putnam and also hope GM Customer service repromands them!!

Thanks for all your concerns, sympathy and help and support. I will be happy to tell you some exciting news November 7th!! Take care.
--Robert
Old 10-04-2005, 09:18 PM
dizzzzy
Pro

PM sent

Quick Reply: [Z06] Dealership Cheated Me Out Of My Z06