Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Jet Hot Coating Stock Headers and Pipes?

Old 11-22-2005, 11:00 PM
hapnermw
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Jet Hot Coating Stock Headers and Pipes?

Would it be worth the expense to Jet Hot coat the stock C6Z headers and pipes to reduce engine bay and console heat?

One person on the forum has replaced their C6Z tunnel plate with a coated plate and been happy with the console temp reduction. Since there doesn't appear to be a structural reason to replace this plate (as there seems to be for C6s), it seems that Jet Hot coating might be a more effective overall heat reduction strategy that also has the side affect of improving engine efficiency a bit.

Has anyone experienced the claimed heat conduction benefits of Jet Hot coated headers and pipes?
Old 11-22-2005, 11:25 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hapnermw
Would it be worth the expense to Jet Hot coat the stock C6Z headers and pipes to reduce engine bay and console heat?
The engine runs cool compared to the C5 and probably other C6's. The console heat is no different from what I got from my other C5's, and would respond more directly to the coated tunnel cover mentioned in your post.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:38 AM
vegasdude
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Z runs the same temp as my C6 about 194 degrees............
Old 11-23-2005, 01:12 AM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

The console heat issue probably has very little to do with the engine operating temp and a lot to do with catalyst heat and exhaust temp. Personally, if doing long tubes on the C6(Z or base) I would JetHot coat the primaries and all tubing past the rear seat just to find out if it helps. The only thing you cannot coat is a catalyst. Coating the stock pipes from the cats back may help, but it will require somebody to try it. It is my belief that coated pipes would probably reduce heat more than the tunnel plate.

Todd
Old 11-23-2005, 12:07 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vegasdude
My Z runs the same temp as my C6 about 194 degrees............
I was thinking oil temp, not coolant.

Get notified of new replies

To Jet Hot Coating Stock Headers and Pipes?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Jet Hot Coating Stock Headers and Pipes?