Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Rick Hendrick Chevy in Charleston, SC

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 07:40 PM
GWD, JR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rick Hendrick Chevy in Charleston, SC

Drove up to my local chevy dealer in Chas. yesteday in my 02 Z06 to take a look at a rumored 06 Z06 that was suppose to be in there showroom. Walked up to the door before getting in the sales manager greeted me and asked if he could help? I asked if the 06 Z was still there and he said no, gone a few days ago. I said thanks and started to leave. He asked if I was interested in buying one because he had a few allocations coming in. I called this dealership a couple of months to order one and they had no allocations for 06. So I told him yes but would not pay over sticker as I already had one on order with Rick at LS. He said that wasn't possible that nobody was selling them for sticker. He then told me and this is what floored me, that he would sell me one for 10K over sticker and that if I was smart I would buy it because they were only making about 1200 for the states and the rest were going over seas. I just laughed at him and said no thanks and left. My question is this, when these dealers see someone drive up in a Z06 looking to purchase a new Z06 wouldn't you think they would at least save their normal BS sales pitch for someone who doesn't know any better? I mean 1200 in the states?? SO we are going to ship between 3 and 4K cars overseas? The one and only American Sports Car. GIve me a break. I knew from other members in this forum and from my own personal experience that their service department was absolutely the worst but I at least thought their sales staff would have been somewhat proffesional... Rick Hendrick should really spend more time at his dealerships. They are ruining his name. I will not even purchase a lug nut from one of his dealerships.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Victor H
Heel & Toe

Pretty amazing. If this is the caliber of people they employ maybe they deserve what they are experiencing with decreased sales, profitability (or lack thereof) and reputation.

I'm in Columbia, SC and am going to venture out to our local dealers soon. I'm going in with very low expectations.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:56 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

That is not the situation in Spartanburg, SC. We have an excellent GM Dealer, Farrell Chevrolet. They have an outstanding GM Master Mechanic, Jeff Johnson, who cares for Corvettes better than some owners.

Want a C6 non Z06 Corvette, email me.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:10 PM
GWD, JR
Instructor

I know there are some Chevy dealers out there that treat there customers, especially Corvette customers very well. However, I am begining to think that is the exception, not the rule. The problem I had with this dealerships service department was over 4 years ago. Since then I recently read over in the C5 Z06 forum that another Corvette owner had a similar experience not more than a month ago. Then for me to walk in there a few days ago and get what I got??? Goes to show that they are not going in the right direction. By the way, the RIck Hendrick Dodge dealership right next door is a 5 star dealership that is absolutely amazing. Always treated with the utmost proffesionalism there.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:29 PM
m3corvette
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rick owns a dealership, or should I say stealership, in my area and it's the same there. I would never do business with them. Thank god the internet gets the word out.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:39 PM
skip89
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rick has great race teams but you can bet he can't be hands on at all the dealerships. As long as the profit rolls in what does he really care? Most car dealerships only deal in "units"and you can bet they laugh at the guys that pay the high prices. If/when the Z can be had at a fair price I will have one. Remember, they make them each day. Till then, not a big thing to me..
Old 01-22-2006, 01:30 AM
Jagcvette
Melting Slicks

It amazing me how they continue to shoot themselves in the foot. Nough said.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:06 AM
ANTIVNOM
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 32 Posts

This sort of attitude is precisely why I do not have a c6 Z06 in my driveway. I will NOT be gouged and until the prices and deals become reasonable, my checkbook will remain closed. The risk for GM is if it remains closed too long, my money may go elsewhere.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:44 AM
louieT
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GWD, JR
Drove up to my local chevy dealer in Chas. yesteday in my 02 Z06 to take a look at a rumored 06 Z06 that was suppose to be in there showroom. Walked up to the door before getting in the sales manager greeted me and asked if he could help? I asked if the 06 Z was still there and he said no, gone a few days ago. I said thanks and started to leave. He asked if I was interested in buying one because he had a few allocations coming in. I called this dealership a couple of months to order one and they had no allocations for 06. So I told him yes but would not pay over sticker as I already had one on order with Rick at LS. He said that wasn't possible that nobody was selling them for sticker. He then told me and this is what floored me, that he would sell me one for 10K over sticker and that if I was smart I would buy it because they were only making about 1200 for the states and the rest were going over seas. I just laughed at him and said no thanks and left. My question is this, when these dealers see someone drive up in a Z06 looking to purchase a new Z06 wouldn't you think they would at least save their normal BS sales pitch for someone who doesn't know any better? I mean 1200 in the states?? SO we are going to ship between 3 and 4K cars overseas? The one and only American Sports Car. GIve me a break. I knew from other members in this forum and from my own personal experience that their service department was absolutely the worst but I at least thought their sales staff would have been somewhat proffesional... Rick Hendrick should really spend more time at his dealerships. They are ruining his name. I will not even purchase a lug nut from one of his dealerships.

I like the lug nut thing..
Old 01-22-2006, 08:51 AM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

The only thing I can figure is the Stealers are not concerned about loosing business.Most of the over sticker cars are probally sold to out of town buyers.The guy that pays over sticker is happy.You can't be mad at someone when you willingly paid the price.At that point in your own mind you didn't get screwed.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:04 AM
louieT
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by outnumbered
The only thing I can figure is the Stealers are not concerned about loosing business.Most of the over sticker cars are probally sold to out of town buyers.The guy that pays over sticker is happy.You can't be mad at someone when you willingly paid the price.At that point in your own mind you didn't get screwed.

Before mine came in I went to Bill Heard Chevy here and looked at a new Z just to see what it looked like.

This was in Oct. The sales guy told me that they had 7-8 ZO6's coming and all were sold out west for 15-20 over sticker.. I said to the sales guy.. More power too you and proceeded to get in my 02 Z I had at the time..

Before I left he told me the people were willing to pay more and in fact where biding against each other for the cars..

So people will pay more than MSRP and if that makes them happy...

Buy it baby because it is worth the money....
Of course it worth the money more for MSRP.. (Mine was MSRP)
Old 01-22-2006, 09:09 AM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I just had a dealer tell me he would buy my car.I told him when he had a reasonable offer above Msrp including market adjustment to contact me.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:12 AM
louieT
Melting Slicks

I just had a dealer tell me he would buy my car.I told him when he had a reasonable offer above Msrp including market adjustment to contact me.

Old 01-22-2006, 11:23 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

I have heard the same BS from BH at Sugar Land a couple of months ago. I am convinced that dealership stealer reps all go to the same training classes to learn their sales pitches to justify market adjustment. It is sad that so many uninformed will fall for such lies.

GOLD72
Old 01-22-2006, 10:02 PM
b4z
Advanced

Default Gwd, Jr

Here is my post from another thread here.

"Rick Hendrick Chevy in Chas. SC sold one a couple of weeks ago for $10K over. They bought it from another dealer for $9500 over invoice.
So I guess their profit was the difference between invoice and MSRP + the dealer holdback.(not sure if the original dealer kept the holdback)."

I saw this car it was orange.
Later that day I was driving down dupont rd in West Ashley and saw a
red Z06 parked in a used car lot across from the Palmetto Trailer store. It was not for sale. Just probably somebodies personal car.

I know who the salesman was that sold the Z06 at Hendrick. he is a sharp guy. If you want his name PM me.

Rick Hendrick has been become harder and harder to deal with.
Marchant Chevy and the new McElveen Chevy in Mt. Pleasant has
really cut into their business.

Since 1999 I have tried to buy 4 vehicles from them and they have either tried to screw me on the interest rate(10.9% with a 720 Beacon score!), or not disclose all of the rebates. I ended up buying from Marchant, McElveen Pontiac and Miller Cadillac on the 4 vehicles. Only McElveen tried to hit me up for a dealer processing fee, and I got it removed because I was dealing with the internet guy on my GTO.

2 of my friends bought Tahoes recently and Hendrick was $900-1100 higher than Marchant.

It is really kind of sad because they have a good service department.
(they have don a great job on my Camaros and Impala)

Last edited by b4z; 01-22-2006 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:14 AM
99HRDTP
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by b4z
Here is my post from another thread here.

"Rick Hendrick Chevy in Chas. SC sold one a couple of weeks ago for $10K over. They bought it from another dealer for $9500 over invoice.
So I guess their profit was the difference between invoice and MSRP + the dealer holdback.(not sure if the original dealer kept the holdback)."

I saw this car it was orange.
Later that day I was driving down dupont rd in West Ashley and saw a
red Z06 parked in a used car lot across from the Palmetto Trailer store. It was not for sale. Just probably somebodies personal car.

I know who the salesman was that sold the Z06 at Hendrick. he is a sharp guy. If you want his name PM me.

Rick Hendrick has been become harder and harder to deal with.
Marchant Chevy and the new McElveen Chevy in Mt. Pleasant has
really cut into their business.

Since 1999 I have tried to buy 4 vehicles from them and they have either tried to screw me on the interest rate(10.9% with a 720 Beacon score!), or not disclose all of the rebates. I ended up buying from Marchant, McElveen Pontiac and Miller Cadillac on the 4 vehicles. Only McElveen tried to hit me up for a dealer processing fee, and I got it removed because I was dealing with the internet guy on my GTO.

2 of my friends bought Tahoes recently and Hendrick was $900-1100 higher than Marchant.

It is really kind of sad because they have a good service department.
(they have don a great job on my Camaros and Impala)

Well, at least you don't have to deal with the idiots we have down in Beaufort. Parks Chevrolet has the worst service department I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. They lie, cheat, and steal with nearly every customer foolish enough to come their way. They damaged my car during one visit, tried to hide it, and then deny it when confronted. Modern Classics down in Hilton Head is marginally better. Thanks for the warning about Hendrick, as I was ready to give them a try next. I do like the service and sales of the Porsche dealer up in Charleston though.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:18 AM
blandcastle
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I have a question for you guys. If someone pays over sticker to get this car early they are mentally challenged? Guess what? I paid a little over sticker, but I could have had one at msrp if I would wait until spring. The extra 3k didn't bother me a bit and the car is totally woth every penny . If you can get one at msrp. more power to you. Don't step on someone else's toes though , just because they want to have one now and are willing to pay for it, The extra $ I paid was well worth the seat time I have had since november 9th. I would still be waiting and getting more frustrated by the day . As it is, I have a badass car, #251 as a matter of fact, and I enjoy it every time I get the chance. You only go around once boys...think about it. Go big or stay at home! Its the american way!

Get notified of new replies

To Rick Hendrick Chevy in Charleston, SC

Old 01-23-2006, 07:06 AM
CB1953
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by blandcastle
I have a question for you guys. If someone pays over sticker to get this car early they are mentally challenged? Guess what? I paid a little over sticker, but I could have had one at msrp if I would wait until spring. The extra 3k didn't bother me a bit and the car is totally woth every penny . If you can get one at msrp. more power to you. Don't step on someone else's toes though , just because they want to have one now and are willing to pay for it, The extra $ I paid was well worth the seat time I have had since november 9th. I would still be waiting and getting more frustrated by the day . As it is, I have a badass car, #251 as a matter of fact, and I enjoy it every time I get the chance. You only go around once boys...think about it. Go big or stay at home! Its the american way!
Absolutely correct!
Old 01-23-2006, 07:51 AM
hlv
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by CB1953
Absolutely correct!
Right on , I have 5,000 miles on mine and loven it. Who knows
how much more the 07 will go up in price? And they talk about 7,000
frames for all I know what they don't use in 06 they will use in 07.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:21 AM
b4z
Advanced

Default Hendrick Chevy

I would have no prob paying a few K over a special car, but when a
dealer looks at me just sees a big dollar sign I will find somebbody else to do business with.

Somebody here mentioned parks Chevrolet in Beaufort. I called Parks Cadillac in Beaufort 2 years ago trying to buy a '04 Cadillac SRX V6 when they first came out.
They offered me $5,000 for my '95 Lexus LS400. I put an add in the paper and a used car dealer bought it for $8,700!
Interestingly both Parks and Miller Cadillac quoted me the same $37,221 invoice price so they weren't lying there, they just tried to ream me on the trade in.

When I tried to buy a used Intrigue in '99 from Hendrick the F & I guy quote me a payment and wouldn't tell me what the interest rate was.
I am Realtor so I did a quick amort and it was 10.9% for 48 months and 12.5% for 60 months!!! I went to Miller Cadillac/Olds and bought a brand new car and that had a $327mo lease payment no money down, no first payment. And NO processing fee that Hendrick wanted to charge me.

Unless Hendrick really has the car that I want I will do business with Marchant Chevy. $98 over invoice all day long.

And don't even get me started on the former Gene Reed dealership, Chevy North in North Charleston. Back in '80s and early '90s the Navy guys were told not to do business with them.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Rick Hendrick Chevy in Charleston, SC