Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] ZO6 vs SRT COUPE....real life test

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 02:41 PM
jeffgdula
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe0121
I think this is a case of someone seeing what they wanted to see, and not what really happened.
my thoughts exactly.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Craig Lowell
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 21STCENTURYMUSCLECAR
BRING IT,

I will pay your expenses if you can beat a C6 Z06
on the street or track with a stock FE Viper GTS,
At TWS last month, the closest GTS to the C6Z was
a full 6 seconds back and this was at a Viper Event!
The Z had better times than the majority of the Comp Coupes that were there.

JP
Now THAT is serious call out.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:48 PM
EuG
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bernrex
SnakeEye had this message for the C.F. members:

"Seems the girls over on the 'other' forum just don't want to accept the reality of what typically occurs when these two face off on the street".
Man, it’s pretty apparent that most posters there either suffer from severe sclerosis or just don’t read more than one post a week on their own forums.

Just recently there’s been two different videos posted of Z06 handily beating SRT10 (one with exhaust) on the highway
(links are still there)

Yet, nobody even mentions it, how convenient.

Same goes for multiple testimonies of owners of BOTH SRT10 and Z06
All unanimously agree Z06 is faster (dugh) – no mention of that either
Weak…
Old 03-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Way2FastSTV
Advanced

Yesterday I drove 100 miles to see a new 2006 Viper coupe in a dealers showroom. Previously I owned a 2003 SRT-10 Vert and a 2005 C6. I didn't get much use out of either car because I quickly turned them over for a profit. Now I am looking to buy another sports car and I wanted to see if the workmanship on the Viper coupe had improved over the first year '03 vert. From 25 feet away the Viper looked awsome, but at closer examination the workmanship was sub par not only to the C6 but to any current car manufactured today. Body panel gaps were huge. The hood, hatch, etc were not aligned properly nor were they level....one side would stick up higher than the other. The driver door had to be slammed to close properly. The bottom of the front bumper was deformed and had 2 noticable "bumps" in it. They advertise the Viper as being hand assembled. The assembly workers who made this car must have had a bad day or a fight with the GF or spouse the night before ! The Z06 or even a base Vette, has standard equipment that the Viper doesn't offer, even as an option. $8,000 off the $90,000 Viper sticker isn't a good deal on a car that should list for no more than $50K to begin with. Before the current Z06, the Viper at least had the claim to fame as the fastest American sports car....now it doesn't even have that !! Everyone who chose to purchase the Z06 made the right decision.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:02 PM
bernrex
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EuG
Man, it’s pretty apparent that most posters there either suffer from severe sclerosis or just don’t read more than one post a week on their own forums.

Just recently there’s been two different videos posted of Z06 handily beating SRT10 (one with exhaust) on the highway
(links are still there)

Yet, nobody even mentions it, how convenient.

Same goes for multiple testimonies of owners of BOTH SRT10 and Z06
All unanimously agree Z06 is faster (dugh) – no mention of that either
Weak…
Agreed ..... too many over there have tunnel vision with regards to their snakecar. They love to reply with 1-2 line zingers ... bashing vettes. They all sing the same song .... offkey however.

Not a good place to get informed ..... But, is great for some sick humor ... and having some good laughs at the morons.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:16 PM
black97magic
Racer

I've been out twice with my VY Z06 and yes, there have been a few ladies who made their presence known next to me at the stop lights. To say the Z isn't noticed is
Old 03-09-2006, 03:21 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

BRING IT,

JP
I'll pitch in a few hundred if this joker can actually pull off a faster lap time than one of our local hot shoes in a new Z06.

The icing on the cake is his subsequent post on the Viper board on how he felt refreshed after the long weekend in his Viper Coupe and his buddy in the Z06 was laid up in bed with ice on his back due to the horrible seats and ride of the Z06.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:24 PM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
I'll pitch in a few hundred if this joker can actually pull off a faster lap time than one of our local hot shoes in a new Z06.

The icing on the cake is his subsequent post on the Viper board on how he felt refreshed after the long weekend in his Viper Coupe and his buddy in the Z06 was laid up in bed with ice on his back due to the horrible seats and ride of the Z06.
Dudes probably 12
Old 03-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

BRING IT,

JP
Well, that pretty much sums it up!

02FEGTS...........Here you go. An all expense paid vacation. All you have to do is come up with an excuse why this won't take place.

Start thinking how you're going to worm out of this one.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:25 PM
TetraU
Drifting

Originally Posted by Craig Lowell
Shanghai... then shut the F up until you can walk your talk.

This is surprising in view of your posts... you don't own this car, you haven't driven this car, you can't buy this car, you're in China.

F-ing A! You are full of ****.

BTW, masturbation is a strange thing for an adult to focus on. Are you in a Shanghai prison?
Whoa, there is some underlying issue here. You are one troubled individual. Do you have something against a man making a living working overseas?

In light of your junior high outburst, you need to go see mommy and have some Cambpell soup.

Last edited by TetraU; 03-09-2006 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:31 PM
TetraU
Drifting

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Well, that pretty much sums it up!

02FEGTS...........Here you go. An all expense paid vacation. All you have to do is come up with an excuse why this won't take place.

Start thinking how you're going to worm out of this one.
I think 02FEGTS is not the actual guy. He is just relaying this from the Viper board.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Ego-Trip
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by TetraU
I think 02FEGTS is not the actual guy. He is just relaying this from the Viper board.
Thats the way I interpreted it too. Lets not shoot the messenger on this one.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:48 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

BRING IT,

JP

Now run along now back to your daydream Mr. Viper. What a great response.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:50 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Originally Posted by jeffgdula
my thoughts exactly.
You read my mind!
Old 03-09-2006, 04:06 PM
02FEGTS
Advanced

BRING IT,

JP

Wow, when did I say my car in stock form could beat a new Z? This post was relayed from another member at the VCA regarding the new coupe, I thought it was an interesting read. My GTS is not stock, so I would race you, all in good fun of course, I don't get angry and take things too seriously.

Some of you guys need to chill out a bit, look at it as a little friendly competition, I am certainly not slamming the Z, I have allot of respect for the car and thank God it was made. Please don't view this as worming out, I am not sure why I was challenged, I never even commented about the thread.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:06 PM
RFC2
Burning Brakes

BRING IT,

JP
He was talking SRT coupe, not final edition GTS and yes I know it won't alter the results, but it will be closer.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:07 PM
02FEGTS
Advanced

Originally Posted by TetraU
02FEGTS

Your story has been posted here a couple of days ago. Here is the response by one of the members in your area. I will give you a chance to explain.

Let's get this right, you got passed twice by the Miata? Do you care to race one of the members on this board? Actually that won't be fair for you. You need a lot more seat time. If a Miata can beat you, then I would suspect your real life test is pretty useless. Thanks for sharing the story though.

Tetra, here is Brian's response:

We ran in the middle group...not the advanced. So first off his memory is wrong. Second, neither of us had run at the track before. Third, there was no spec Miata in our run group...and only in the very first "beginning session" (white group)where WE asked to be placed in the morning to learn the track, did we let anyone by us- and that was a Carrera S4 which we passed later in the session. Fourth, I do not know the times I run at that track, but I run 1.54.7's at Thunderhill without the bybass in my new CC (check and see how those compare to other VRL racers). So ask this guy what his Miata runs there. Also, there were two other 03 ZO6's there that we passed everytime-both of us...and one was on DOT slicks. And if he feels the need to run with me at VRL- I was going to race the CC but it is down presently, he can PM me and I might change my plans to race him if he has the ***** to show up and race himself...we would run the same run group-bench racers don't count. He will only get my respect if HE show up and runs. Brian

Get notified of new replies

To ZO6 vs SRT COUPE....real life test

Old 03-09-2006, 04:12 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Received 755 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by 02FEGTS
Tetra, here is Brian's response:

We ran in the middle group...not the advanced. So first off his memory is wrong. Second, neither of us had run at the track before. Third, there was no spec Miata in our run group...and only in the very first "beginning session" (white group)where WE asked to be placed in the morning to learn the track, did we let anyone by us- and that was a Carrera S4 which we passed later in the session. Fourth, I do not know the times I run at that track, but I run 1.54.7's at Thunderhill without the bybass in my new CC (check and see how those compare to other VRL racers). So ask this guy what his Miata runs there. Also, there were two other 03 ZO6's there that we passed everytime-both of us...and one was on DOT slicks. And if he feels the need to run with me at VRL- I was going to race the CC but it is down presently, he can PM me and I might change my plans to race him if he has the ***** to show up and race himself...we would run the same run group-bench racers don't count. He will only get my respect if HE show up and runs. Brian

So could his memory be wrong about the whole thing?
Old 03-09-2006, 04:14 PM
21STCENTURYMUSCLECAR
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by RFC2
He was talking SRT coupe, not final edition GTS, and yes I know it won't alter the results, but it will be closer.
My bad, he does say First Edition Coupe not Finals Edition Coupe, I was looking at his Forum name/ I am not up to date on all these new snakes, anyway the offer still stands and to be honest I have not ran with a new coupe but I did run with quite a few Comp Coupes. First Edition Coupe has same HP as a SRT
correct?

JP

Last edited by 21STCENTURYMUSCLECAR; 03-09-2006 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:15 PM
RiceEaterZ06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 02FEGTS
Also, there were two other 03 ZO6's there that we passed everytime-both of us...and one was on DOT slicks.
Wait wait wait... this guy is proud that he passed some 03 Z06's... in his new Viper coupe?

Yes, cause we all know that the car with 100 less HP and not the same handling abilities is fair game for the new Viper

Quick Reply: [Z06] ZO6 vs SRT COUPE....real life test