Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 Tires - which is best?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 05:51 PM
le raboteur
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!

i have a 2008 Z-06 that has been "de-California'ed" on the dyno and i cannot hook it up in either 1st or 2nd gear w/ stock Goodyears. strangely, my 2006 hooked up pretty well and the 08 is supposed to have a considerably better rear end assembly. anybody have any thoughts?
Old 04-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Carnac
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 70 Posts

...besides that this is a resurrected 4 year old thread? Most of the comments about tires are out of date - new tires are available in Z06 sizes, both run-flat and non-run-flat.

There are no emissions differences between any of the Corvettes by state. CA Vettes get an additional charge to pay for extra emissions warranty work (due to stricter long-term emissions laws in CA).

Transmission and shocks are different on the 08. Haven't heard much difference about traction between the 06 and 08.

Might just need some new tires. PS 2 or NT05 may help.

Depends on how you want to use your car (dd, drag, road course, track, autocross, etc).

Maybe try a search for more recent tire threads - there are a lot of them...

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 Tires - which is best?