Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Carlos with Vette-air: still batting 1000

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Captain Z
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Carlos with Vette-air: still batting 1000

As I discussed in my previous thread, I am the proud owner of a 2007 z (will post pictures soon)

I have had the car for a little over a week, and, after reading all the exciting info on mods for this car, came across several threads regarding Carlos' excellent customer service @ vette-air. This is a personal testimony which will reinforce everything else being said about the man.

Carlos and I began discussing all the usual mods listed here (TB/intake/headers/CAI/tune/etc). I quickly got the itch for upgrades and bought his ported TB/intake deal (a great deal at that). He talked me into sending my TB/intake to him, which required me to remove these items from the car. Now that's no small project for a guy that, prior to the beginning of the week, wasn't even aware of where the heads on the motor were! (tough for me to admit on a forum full of gearheads!)

At any rate Carlos took the time, ON LABOR DAY, (I am not kidding), to walk with me through the process of TB/intake removal all on the cellular phone. He was patient, never rude, and was actually going through the process on his own car at home to make it as accurate a process for me! I really couldn't believe it!

I have quite honestly never seen this level of customer support and interest to help a fella out--especially a fella with zero background with motors--Carlos has a level of passion for what he does that is unsurpassed! I appreciate his effort and plan to be a loyal customer. Now I can't wait to get to the mods.

Yo--Carlitos--You 'da Man!!!

From your buddy... SASQUATCH
Old 09-06-2007, 11:52 PM
ArrogantZ
Racer

Now that's pretty awesome service
Old 09-07-2007, 01:28 AM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

Carlos is da MAN!!!!!

Great service and your right he has the passion for helping others to make their cars go faster.

Stand up guy.

Wanderer
Old 09-07-2007, 02:03 AM
Wilddr805
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Carlos is 1st Class!

Just got my Vette Air from Carlos and eager to install it. He is the man indeed. I am still on the fence for Cam and stepped headers by Kook's. Wondering if the idle is just too lopy and not streetable. Carlos has a car belting out over 560 rwhp w/ cam/intake/header/tune.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:09 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilddr805
Just got my Vette Air from Carlos and eager to install it. He is the man indeed. I am still on the fence for Cam and stepped headers by Kook's. Wondering if the idle is just too lopy and not streetable. Carlos has a car belting out over 560 rwhp w/ cam/intake/header/tune.

Mr. Wild,

Many of our cam only Z06 (no heads) make well past 550rwhp. We have a few making a little past the 570 range, but most of them land in the 558 to 567 range; again, cam only.

The general consensus is that just because you have a healthy cam, then all civility is push to the side. At the beginning of our cams R&D, our focus was drivability with “mouth twisting” performance at a great price. I cannot stress enough the importance of tuning. Many of the drivability problems we see out there are due in part from tuners who generally focus on WOT parameters and not truly dialing in the low RPM parameters. The same practice is carried over when a cam is infused into the mix and thus resulting in poor low speed drivability.

With out getting too technical, part throttle/off idle drivability is not easy to tune for, however, we relied on our past racing experience to help us put us where we are or trying to get to today. We can pretty much clean up many of our competition cam tunes with the HP tuners. I mean, who wants to drive to work or where ever smelling like a barrel of fuel? Who wants to drive in a bumper to bumper situation and feel like you are sitting on top of Bodacious the now retired rodeo bull? NOT ME… and not you either

The QM600 cam lopes nicely and it will not mess up your hair, make you loose coins out of you pockets and/or drive you or your significant other insane

I hope this helps, and please keep the questions coming…I will help where I can even if you do not buy from me, I promise

Thanks,
Carlos

Last edited by Myhardtop; 09-07-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:10 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Wanderer Z06
Carlos is da MAN!!!!!

Great service and your right he has the passion for helping others to make their cars go faster.

Stand up guy.

Wanderer
Thank you very much guys…

I tried my best to help when ever I can…I really do. Like many of you guys, I remember being on the other side of the fence and I was often treated like a sewer rat especially after my money was gone. Heck, some shops even had the never to behave like they were doing me a favor for talking to me.

Well, I told myself long ago that if I ever had an entity that dealt with the public, I WOULD NEVER treat folks with preconceive notions no matter how rich, how poor, choice of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation and so on. I was brought up to treat and to respect every one until I was given a good reason not to. I also feel that the military did a good job in teaching me how important it is to trust and to get along with your fellow man and woman.

Thanks,
Carlos

Last edited by Myhardtop; 09-07-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:22 PM
exz06ic
Burning Brakes

Nice job Carlos...
Old 09-07-2007, 01:30 PM
GrillnZ
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about an audio clip!! How does fuel mileage change?
Old 09-07-2007, 02:03 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GrillnZ
How about an audio clip!! How does fuel mileage change?
Working on it.

Honestly, fuel mileage is pretty much the same; the biggest problem is your foot

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 09-07-2007, 02:06 PM
RGT
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Carlos' QM600 cam rocks. Like Carlos said, tuned correctly this big cam is very streetable. My car idles at 850 rpm, and has a nice lope to it that lets everyone within hearing distance know there is a beast under the hood.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Luweegy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally got to drive mine last night with Carlos's Cam,TB,Intake,ARheaders,Killer Bee,Vette Air, 160 stat, and his Tune.The car better be pointed the right way when I hit it, 165 comes so fast it is scarry.It will step out @ 130 when I stomp on it.I'm @ 4600' so the tune is very important and Carlos got it Right!! His attention to all aspects is unsurpassed!! I wouldn't think of going anywhere else.Girlfriend is selling her SL 55 so she stay close enough to see where I went.I just drive away from her now.UN&^%$$ Real power and sound. Carlos is the Man!

Last edited by Luweegy; 09-07-2007 at 02:38 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 09-07-2007, 02:45 PM
stano
Safety Car

Hey Carlito,

Got your package today chico.....gracias amigo!

Old 09-07-2007, 02:47 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

Good to hear. I would definitely use Carlos if I had a c6
Old 09-07-2007, 05:11 PM
James E.
Pro

Default CARLOS - Adding Vette Air to my '07

Just wanted to say I have set up with Quality Motorsports to mod my 07, and of course your Vette Air is at the top of the list I really appreciate your customer service as well as Patrick's at Quality Motorsports. This time it is going to be done all at once, an out the door performer The '07 seems to be a little stronger stock than my '06. Looking forward to seeing soon.

Thanks Again

James E.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:41 AM
Wilddr805
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Nice Info!!!!

Originally Posted by Myhardtop
Mr. Wild,

Many of our cam only Z06 (no heads) make well past 550rwhp. We have a few making a little past the 570 range, but most of them land in the 558 to 567 range; again, cam only.

The general consensus is that just because you have a healthy cam, then all civility is push to the side. At the beginning of our cams R&D, our focus was drivability with “mouth twisting” performance at a great price. I cannot stress enough the importance of tuning. Many of the drivability problems we see out there are due in part from tuners who generally focus on WOT parameters and not truly dialing in the low RPM parameters. The same practice is carried over when a cam is infused into the mix and thus resulting in poor low speed drivability.

With out getting too technical, part throttle/off idle drivability is not easy to tune for, however, we relied on our past racing experience to help us put us where we are or trying to get to today. We can pretty much clean up many of our competition cam tunes with the HP tuners. I mean, who wants to drive to work or where ever smelling like a barrel of fuel? Who wants to drive in a bumper to bumper situation and feel like you are sitting on top of Bodacious the now retired rodeo bull? NOT ME… and not you either

The QM600 cam lopes nicely and it will not mess up your hair, make you loose coins out of you pockets and/or drive you or your significant other insane

I hope this helps, and please keep the questions coming…I will help where I can even if you do not buy from me, I promise

Thanks,
Carlos
Thanks for the info Carlos and I will BUY from you. Yes I would love to see a video of that QM600 beast you have. I just got your Vette Air in this week and need to install it.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:25 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by stano
Hey Carlito,

Got your package today chico.....gracias amigo!

Hey Stano, here is my reply in Spanish, can you hang?

Muchas gracias Stano, nada mas avisame si necesitas alguna ayuda, yo te dare mi toda atencion; lo prometo

Hablamos mas tarde amigo

Gracias,
Carlos
Old 09-08-2007, 09:26 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by robz
Good to hear. I would definitely use Carlos if I had a c6
Thanks Rob

Get notified of new replies

To Carlos with Vette-air: still batting 1000