Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Halltech F1 Group Purchase WEEK-BUY 1 GET 1 FREE

Old 11-09-2006, 12:11 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 582 Likes on 312 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Halltech F1 Group Purchase WEEK-BUY 1 GET 1 FREE

Sale Over

1/4 MILE RESULTS
Add the Halltech Tuning Package and you get measurable results:

Wayne: 11.06 @ 130 and 11.10 @ 131.7 mph on a different day (MT Drag Radials)

Tim: 11.29 @ 127.2 mph (stock F1 Tires)

(Both Z06s run stock exhaust and have no other engine mods except the Halltech F1P30Z Filter and Tuning.)

Fisch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can add me to the growing list of very happy Halltech customers; I installed the LS7 stage 1 program with Jim Hall's street version of his air filter. I thought my car was stout before - but now it really rocks! Jim claims this kit adds something like 26-30HP? I have to tell ya it really feels more like 75+ more ponies on tap! I had better start saving my lunch money for a pair of new rear tires now as I do not think this set will be long for this world.

Not only does the new tune rock in the performance department but the car idles better and the slow starts in traffic are much smoother. I live in a state were about the best pump fuel we can get is 92 octane E10, Jim really has his tune figured out for this gas. It just flat out works also Jim is great to work with and the actual tune was very easy to do.

IMHO best bang for the buck performance I have ever spent.

Fisch
________________________________________ _______________

Finally got around to installing the Halltech tune and filter for my VR Z and was very surprised at the results. The SOTP feel difference is very noticeable and borderline L-88 with 4.11 gear feel. My younger brother drove one of these animals for a few years and finally became too much trouble to drive in bad weather and around town.

Getting back to my Z, Jim was quite patient as he walked me through the install and most helpful. I am now positive as to the reason there are so many anti-lunatic GM software power management roadblocks built in to this car. This tune clearly illustrates what this car will do to rear tire wear, driveline shock, parts destruction, etc. On the other hand, if you have driven vehicles with power close to this animal, you know (or are pretty sure) just about how much of this trigger you can pull before you find yourself facing traffic and stalling your car.

But, know that I have tasted this kind of power only encouraged me to order some more power adders (more trigger draw). I now routinely scare the **** out of the few select passengers that have ridden in the car. Do I believe that this is worth approx. 25 HP at the rear - I don't have one doubt about it. This easily the best "bang for the buck" for the Vette owner that really does not want to permanently alter the car in a way that "Joe six-pack" can see from across the street.
________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________
I don't post very often, but for this I must.
I just installed the Halltech Stage 1, Absolutely the most bang for the buck. Installed the air filter, installed the program, (very easy with the help of Jim). Drove it for 20 miles. A large noticeable increase in torque and usable power, 1st gear is now to play with, 2nd gear is just great fun. IMO it makes this car do what it was designed to do. No dyno, but grandma could tell the difference.
I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone that wants the most bang for the buck. And you can set it back, if the time comes that it has to go for any type of warranty, or reprogramming by the dealer._________________________________ ________________________________________ __________________________

Jim,

I put about fifty miles on the car since I installed the ECM prog. - what a difference!!! Driveability is noticeably improved and definitely a big diff in the SOTP at the lower end. I feel that this tune has made the biggest difference in an already serious missile of a car. Thanks for all of your help.

Albert Alvarado - another very satisfied customer.

________________________________________ ________________________________________ __________________________________
I'm the guy with the tune and filter.
My car is an 07 and went 11.34 @125.00 on f-1's in Florida heat and humidity w/ Jim Hall behind the tuning. Many people saw the run. C5frank was on hand. Ive been drag racing manuals for 17 years. the car picked up just over 2 tenths and two miles an hour! all runs done same week.
The tune and filter feels like a different machine, simply awesome.
Besides the track, the feel on the street is brutal. Blows the tires away from a 1500 rpm blast from a first gear roll. This car never did this. It is making more power period. Any questions fire away....................DP
________________________________________ ________________________________________ _______________________________
 Halltech tune after the mods--impressions

I just got the tune loaded this AM, and w/ the American Racing headers/X-pipe/HiFlow cats, F1 filter, AirCharger & 160 T-stat--the tune was the exclamation point on the whole install...

The car feels almost violently fast now, compared to just fast before. It will break traction rolling into 1st gear, where I'd need to stab it before & it would not do it @ all stock. The tires are still very fresh, so it's pure power that's causing it.
The sensation over stock is akin to adding short gears. All this w/ 87 degree temps (it's still hot here in FL)

I'm hoping It picked up approx 40/40 total over bone-stock (480/457ish)--it certainly feels like it.
I will re-dyno it @ the same dyno (SGC) soon. I'll also load the stock tune back up to see how much the tune really helped. The overall drivability was improved as well.
Also, Jim included summer/winter tunes, @ my request for the brutal summers here.

I'm very pleased w/ the Halltech Stage 1 package & would recommend it--especially w/ mods and you want the flexibility of loading/unloading the tune (dealer etc).

Thanks Jim

________________________________________ ________________________________________ _________________________
George B.
Rick Hollenback, Synergy Motorsports-"Hi Jim, thank you again for sending us one of your F1 race filters. I must say this is the second time we have used it and it’s awesome. This is the best filter so far. Our test car belongs to John Palomino. I am sure you remember sending him your other filter last week. Here are some more stage 2 numbers from another customers car. On this particular car we did some testing for Jim Hall over at Halltech on his filter setups. We started off by dynoing the car bone stock. The car did 469hp and 445TQ. Not bad. After the install of our stage 2 package and Halltech's LS900 filter, the car went 544hp and 502TQ. Not bad for 102*dyno room temps. I cant imagine what this car would do with 20* cooler air. Now here is the cool part. We then swapped out Jims filter with his new F1 RACE filter and gained 10-12hp right off the bat. So now the car screams with ~558 rwhp and 507 rw TQ. I must say that our Stage 2 package will now consist of Jim Hall's F1 filter as the new addition to the package."
________________________________________ ________________________________________ ____________________________
The dyno:.

This is Howard at Redline Motorsports!!-"Finally got a couple filters in from Jim today at Halltech. All I can say is that its a nice kick in the pants! The stock filter is so bad its quite amazing. The car pulls real hard with this filter all over the rpm range. For the money its a must. This week I am going to do some controlled dyno testing to back up the SOTP meter. If I had to guess 10-15 all day long. Nice job Jim!"
________________________________________ ________________________________________ ___________________________________
Yousuf H.-"I've upgrade my car's ECM with the tuned file (stock filter) that you've sent; and let me tell you the car gone "mad"!! ... Seriously the feeling is brutal and I love it.
"Gentlemen, I have ordered Halltech Stage I tuning package and just finished my 5th day of experimenting with it.

All that I can say .... It's plain "Savagery" ... never thought the tune by itself could add such a brutal excitement to an already exciting Car. The last couple of days here in Dubai been very hot (+110 F); even though the heat didn’t feel like having much of a toll on the tune." Jim, I'm still waiting for my F1 Race filter ... to further enrich the experience."
Pete B.-506/480 (standard)
496 RWHP/471 RWT (SAE)
"Their air/fuel didn't work tonight. Are these the #s you'd expect?
Thanks for your help." (Halltech Stage 1 and LG Headers)
Walter S.-" I did the Halltech Stage 1 Package. I finished the installation of the F1 filter and Halltech Programming, which was an easy install, a bit doubtful at first thinking, it can't help that much. I must say, I was very surprised it ran like a different car at wide open throttle, the SOTP meter was off the charts, really, it feels like a 100 shot of nitrous. For the money, it's a bargain"
First Mods Gain 26rwhp 16tq

Dale P.-"Reporting in on my first set of Modification to my Z06:
Dyno comparing the stock filter and stock tune to Halltech's Stage 1

I installed an Air-Charger CIA at about 6,000, Halltech UPS tune at 7,000, and at 13,000 received my F-1 filter from Halltech. Baseline with stable temps 175 oil, 196 water 51 air temp on DynoJet:450rwhp 420rwtq This was mid Feb., with 5,000 miles on car no Mods). This was average pull, best was 454.8rwhp with cooler temps. Today: With stable temps 180 oil, 200 water, air temp 79 same DynoJet:
476rwhp 436rwtq car shows 13,651 miles on OD. These pulls were with hood down, monitoring intake temp with IR hand held meter (for stability), oil and water temps read from DIC. It seemed that a stable intake temp of around 120 produced best results starting pull temp).

I did a total of 8 pulls swapping in and out stock air filter and Halltech F-1 filter. It looked like to me, taking in temperature variables that the filter was worth around 9rwhp maybe 10hp with my mods. The Air-charger system I am sure helps but its hard to tell with a constant speed fan. Cooler charge at true road speeds could not be evaluated except by seat "O" pants meter! Mine says it works well. In my case I saw a small amount of surging and "check engine" light with Air-Charger. This would happen under light loads (very limited), This was with tune also. But when I put the F-1 Halltech filter in w/ air straighter. All surging was gone, and never a "check engine" light again!

In summary:
1. All three Mods are Best together.
2. I think I have a few more HP with more info provided to Jim at Halltech and a new "reload"
3. This car is a Monster Feed it lots of cold air for best results.

Thanks Jim @ Halltech and Carlos @ Air-charger."
First mod! F1 Filter from Halltech. Wow!:

"This is my first mod to any of my Z06's. The filter feels great. Feels better when running thru gears at part gas. I feel less lag between shifts. Seems to rev to 7000 easier! I love the new mod. You pay $199.00 for R&D not material. But it works."

Group purchase price: $199.00 (shipping included in USA only)

Link:http://www.corvettec5.com/store/?pag...ae2675c9cb237d

Jim Hall

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Last edited by Halltech; 11-15-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:38 AM
Zlicious
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the cleaning ingrediants come with it, or does that need to be purchased seperatly?
Old 11-09-2006, 12:43 AM
2KZ28CAM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zlicious
Does the cleaning ingrediants come with it, or does that need to be purchased seperatly?
Dude, just go for it! Jim will hook you up.

Mr. Hall - Any mods available for an LS1 on a beer budget?

(that was a rhetorical question)

Last edited by 2KZ28CAM; 11-09-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:56 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Zlicious
Yes, we include AMSOIL High Tack Foam Oil for future cleaning and re-oiling. The RACE Foam is not oiled. The Street Foam is pre-oiled.

Cleaning is done with warm water and Simple Green or other detergents. The foam has a Lifetime Limited Warranty.

Jim
Old 11-09-2006, 12:58 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by 2KZ28CAM
Dude, just go for it! Jim will hook you up.

Mr. Hall - Any mods available for an LS1 on a beer budget?

(that was a rhetorical question)
Our C5 Stinger is $329 and can be found on www.CorvetteC5.com, along with the C6 Stinger Intake.

http://www.corvettec5.com/store/?pag...baa604e7ebf167
Old 11-09-2006, 01:03 AM
Zlicious
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jim Hall
Yes, we include AMSOIL High Tack Foam Oil for future cleaning and re-oiling. The RACE Foam is not oiled. The Street Foam is pre-oiled.

Cleaning is done with warm water and Simple Green or other detergents. The foam has a Lifetime Limited Warranty.

Jim
Ordering now...Thanks, Jim.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:13 AM
Zlicious
Drifting

Oh ya, Jim, I sent you a PM, too..
Old 11-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

2 for the price of 1

What a deal!
Old 11-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Katech
2 for the price of 1

What a deal!
Hi Jason,

Any dyno numbers you could share on the EVALs?

Jim
Old 11-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Hi Jason,

Any dyno numbers you could share on the EVALs?

Jim

Not yet. These are scheduled for testing on an engine in the next couple weeks. We are doing more development first on the optron then the engine dyno.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:52 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Ordering now!

Last edited by DSteck; 11-09-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Fisch
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Halltech LS7 Stage 1 wow!

You can add me to the growing list of very happy Halltech customers; I installed the LS7 stage 1 program with Jim Hall's street version of his air filter. I thought my car was stout before - but now it really rocks! Jim claims this kit adds something like 26-30HP? I have to tell ya it really feels more like 75+ more ponies on tap! I had better start saving my lunch money for a pair of new rear tires now as I do not think this set will be long for this world.

Not only does the new tune rock in the performance department but the car idles better and the slow starts in traffic are much smoother. I live in a state were about the best pump fuel we can get is 92 octane E10, Jim really has his tune figured out for this gas. It just flat out works also Jim is great to work with and the actual tune was very easy to do.

IMHO best bang for the buck performance I have ever spent.

Fisch
Old 11-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Zlicious
Drifting

Jim, I ordered yesterday. I should be receiving soon. If you can please check your PM and PM meback when you have a chance, I would highly appreciate it. TIA
Old 11-09-2006, 08:27 PM
GaryZ06
Safety Car

This is a great deal....to bad when I bought my F1P30Z this deal was not available.... ...This is a very nice piece that make s a difference.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:25 PM
JCvetteX3
Instructor

THANKS JUST PLACED ORDER FOR THE 2 FOR 1 SPECIAL
Old 11-10-2006, 03:06 AM
427Z0SX
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 84 Posts

Is there anything to worry about if I leave the RACE filter in all the time? I'm assuming that I'll need to clean and re-oil it more often, but how often?

Thanks,
Old 11-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Rapid Transit
Is there anything to worry about if I leave the RACE filter in all the time? I'm assuming that I'll need to clean and re-oil it more often, but how often?

Thanks,
I would not recommend running the RACE filter on the street. It is designed for the track, and does not need oiling for the 1/4 mile, dyno, or other track events. Driving with the RACE filter every day would require changing the engine oil and filter more frequently to be on the safe side.

When oiled, the 2-Stage Filter has excellent filtration and still provides very low restriction for the street. I use the 2-Stage filter on my Z06 for everyday driving.

AMSOIL High Tack Oil-wetted Halltech 2-Stage foam air filters keep oils and engines cleaner for longer periods with the most effective air filtration available today. AMSOIL High Tack Foam Filter Oil was tested with AMSOIL 2-Stage Foam Filter media under the SAE J726 test methodology, yielding an efficiency rating of 99.5 percent. High particle removing efficiency is critical in preventing engine wear, keeping equipment running at peak efficiency and improving fuel efficiency.

Get notified of new replies

To Halltech F1 Group Purchase WEEK-BUY 1 GET 1 FREE

Old 11-10-2006, 11:01 AM
427Z0SX
Le Mans Master

I would not recommend running the RACE filter on the street. It is designed for the track, and does not need oiling for the 1/4 mile, dyno, or other track events. Driving with the RACE filter every day would require changing the engine oil and filter more frequently to be on the safe side.

Got it, thanks! One more question: if I use the RACE filter on the track only (roadcourse), how many track miles before I need to get a new RACE filter?

Old 11-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Rapid Transit
Got it, thanks! One more question: if I use the RACE filter on the track only (roadcourse), how many track miles before I need to get a new RACE filter?

It will not be necessary to ever replace it. I have cleaned ours a few times, and the reticulated foam is the strongest made, in fact it is the type used in F1 racing. It can be cleaned and reoiled as often as you like.

If you are just trying to break records, no oil is best. Off the track, I would switch to the F1P45Z or swap the foam to the P45Z foam for the street.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:39 PM
427Z0SX
Le Mans Master

It will not be necessary to ever replace it. I have cleaned ours a few times, and the reticulated foam is the strongest made, in fact it is the type used in F1 racing. It can be cleaned and reoiled as often as you like.

If you are just trying to break records, no oil is best. Off the track, I would switch to the F1P45Z or swap the foam to the P45Z foam for the street.
I'm far from breaking any track records Placed my order this morning.
What is the reason why you don't recommend using the RACE filter on the street? Is it because it needs no oil, thus does not filtrate as well as the P45Z (which does need oil) and thereby letting particulates into the engine?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Halltech F1 Group Purchase WEEK-BUY 1 GET 1 FREE