Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Need help with Active Handling System

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 07:08 PM
kawal
Emerging Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Need help with Active Handling System

As a new Z owner and reading the recent threads about possible failures of the Active Handling System, I'm hoping you experienced Z owners can help explain the system. I haven't yet pushed the "button" because I've got less than 200 miles on the car, but upon reading the manual, this is what I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong):

1. Pushing the button once will only turn off the Traction Control System (TCS), which limits wheel spin. Active Handling is still working, which only controls the selective application of brakes.

2. Active Handling (brake control) can be turned off by holding the button down for five seconds.

3. But pushing the button twice within five seconds turns on Competitive Driving Mode. This is explained in the manual as follows:

"Competitive Driving Mode allows the driver to have full control of the rear wheels while the Active Handling System helps maintain directional control of the vehicle by selective brake application...The Traction Control System will not be operating."

OK, so how is Competitive Driving Mode any different than pushing the button just once, thereby just turning off Traction Control? Both situations have Traction Control off and Active Handling on - is that correct?

I must be missing something here, so perhaps someone can help explain this better?

Thank you in advance,

Ray
Old 02-27-2007, 08:25 PM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by kawal
OK, so how is Competitive Driving Mode any different than pushing the button just once, thereby just turning off Traction Control? Both situations have Traction Control off and Active Handling on - is that correct?
Push twice within 5 sec: Traction off/Active handling on but less intrussive then when pushing the button once (trac off/A-H ON)
Old 02-27-2007, 08:29 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kawal
COMP mode changes the AH algorithm so it is less intrusive, rather than totally on or off.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:54 PM
kawal
Emerging Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Ah ha, sounds simple enough. I suppose it would have been nice if the manual would have explained it that way.

Thanks very much!

Get notified of new replies

To Need help with Active Handling System

Quick Reply: [Z06] Need help with Active Handling System