Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 9th out of 10 per MotorTrend Test

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 08:29 AM
3 vettes
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

caps lock i guess
Old 05-13-2007, 08:31 AM
3 vettes
Pro

im surprised you can type so well with your nose in the air.do you have an accent too?
Old 05-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Notch
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mako7
Please see preceding posts as all of your points have been addressed many times. Good luck to you in all things.
Where is the following statement of yours addressed many times in preceding posts?...be specific.

" Bring your $106k 997 GT3 to the track here in CA and we will square off for some fun as you run against my C6Z. I am ready any time, so let me know when you arrive with your GT3. Btw, do you own a C6Z?"
Old 05-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Notch
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 3 vettes
caps lock i guess

I don't think so...caps lock would look like this...i LIKE TO DRIVE SPORTS CARS.

Your post was like this...i Like To Drive Sports Cars.

Last edited by Notch; 05-13-2007 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:18 PM
3 vettes
Pro

Dont Know Then It Only Happens Here
Old 05-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Notch
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 3 vettes
Dont Know Then It Only Happens Here
cOOL
Old 05-13-2007, 10:05 PM
bcmarly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts

Default Notch

Your profile is devoid of any car information. Is there any particular reason?
Old 05-13-2007, 10:14 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 355Spider
I've driven all the recent exotics sub 300K and I will say it's much easier to get the most out of them. You have to be a much better, braver driver to get the most out of the Z06. Vipers are the same way. M3s, GT3s and Stradale are so easy to drive at the limit. You always know where the limit is. If thye had just ditched the run flast and spent more time tuning the shocks like Ferrari did with the 599(same shocks) it would have been 1st instead of 9th. The Z06 is just lucky it's so damn fast it makes up for other faults. In the end it gets around the track faster than most though.
Thanks for telling it like it really is, I like your analytical skills and reasoning. These Vette fanatics get carried away with themselves, if they were so good, why don't they turn out like A J Foyt, Schmacher, Andretti, Gurney, etc., we could name more. It is a rare few that get all the spotlight because THEY ARE GOOD, the average guy doesn't even get close! These crew chiefs on the professional racing teams usually are alittle more than an engineer, computer buff, etc. They know alot and understand and link it all together how to use it and make adjustments from professional drivers imput. They probably can almost feel like they are driving the car, these guys are very, very swift (thinking that is). Thanks for you great skills in helping others to understand what is really happening in the car world. Thanks for the great imput, and being able to see around those blinders others are wearing. If these so called others are so good and so expert, why aren't they running "pink races" (put your car up for a race and if you lose, you lose your car). That ought to slow them down! Thanks again for your help, you make very good sense to me because I use similiar skills in everything I do. Cause = Effect! Good racing!
Old 05-13-2007, 10:21 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

True for all cars.
I second that, I was hoping to get responses from others and not you, you (355Spider) gave the response I expected. No surprise to me but maybe to others. We need more people on CF to help others understand, keep up the good work.

Last edited by 2006c6keller; 05-13-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:25 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

True for all cars.
Can you update and expand on your profile, I think it could be quite interesting to expand on your background. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2007, 07:43 AM
Notch
Safety Car

Originally Posted by bcmarly
Your profile is devoid of any car information. Is there any particular reason?

What would you like to know about my current car situation?
Old 05-14-2007, 04:33 PM
TeddyFreddy
Drifting

MotorTrend company was sold today, probably not making profits.
With such articles there is no wonder...

Hopefully the new owner will be able to save it.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Dvlray6
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by TeddyFreddy
MotorTrend company was sold today, probably not making profits.
With such articles there is no wonder...

Hopefully the new owner will be able to save it.
TF, save your energy. Some here have already drank the kool aid. No saving them - just possibly the free minds of a few lurkers.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:53 PM
ZO6guy
Racer

Originally Posted by NOVAVETTE
June, 2007 issue of MotorTrend.
Compares the handling of the following cars.
These cars are listed in their order of finish, per the "expert" testing of MotorTrend magazine:

1) Porsche 911 GTS - $115,700
2) Porsche Cayman S - $63,300
3) Lotus Exige - $65,100
4) Mitsubishi EVO IXMR - $37,424
5) Mini Cooper S JCWGP - $31,150
6) BMW 335i - $42,675
7) Honda S200 - $34,845
8) MazdaSpeed 3 - $24,550
9) Corvette Z06 - $70,000
10) Honda Civic Si - $21,885

MotorTrend describes the Z06 as: "the car's surplus of power and surfeit of rear grip overwork the stability control, the driver's nervers or both, on public roads. Combine that with imprecise steering and a chassis that easily upset on bumpy curves and pretty soon in a handling test, you're looking at a low ranking. Considering the rest of its impressive performance envelope, it's certainlya bargain supercar, but it turns out that handling isn't its longest suit."

I expected a better result then 9 out 10, but at least we can take solace in knowing that we won't be out-handled by a Honda Civic Si.

THis is crap , however it was bound to happen. I have read every write up done on the new ZO6 in comparison to the european exotics and etc...
This is the first that really disses the Z. What we need to realize is that some of the guys that run these test are biased towards the GERMAN movment. They do build a quality car cause I have one (M5) and they are refined. But I have driven the Carrera 4s and the Ferrari Modina and our car kills them hands down. There is a reason why I bought the Z instead of the Ferrari. And it wasn't the price difference.
The ferrari screams money and look at me, but the ZO6's sexy lines also screams look at me. I ran a porsche carrera GT yesterday and ate him for lunch. I was on a tight and twisty road and he caught up to me after I backed off and still wanted more so I showed him what the Z was all about. I walked off and left him. he caught up to me again at the gas station and had to see what just waxed his ***!

We all know what we got! There is always someone out there wanting to down play what they don't understand. Oh yeah and that comment about over powering the active handeling and nerves. PLEASE!!!! My nerves only get calmer the faster I go!
Old 05-14-2007, 06:58 PM
JimBacus
Got LAPS?
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by ZO6guy
THis is crap , however it was bound to happen. I have read every write up done on the new ZO6 in comparison to the european exotics and etc...
This is the first that really disses the Z. What we need to realize is that some of the guys that run these test are biased towards the GERMAN movment. They do build a quality car cause I have one (M5) and they are refined. But I have driven the Carrera 4s and the Ferrari Modina and our car kills them hands down. There is a reason why I bought the Z instead of the Ferrari. And it wasn't the price difference.
The ferrari screams money and look at me, but the ZO6's sexy lines also screams look at me. I ran a porsche carrera GT yesterday and ate him for lunch. I was on a tight and twisty road and he caught up to me after I backed off and still wanted more so I showed him what the Z was all about. I walked off and left him. he caught up to me again at the gas station and had to see what just waxed his ***!

We all know what we got! There is always someone out there wanting to down play what they don't understand. Oh yeah and that comment about over powering the active handeling and nerves. PLEASE!!!! My nerves only get calmer the faster I go!
So maybe you were the better driver and it had little to do with the performance of the Z06 and Carrera GT?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Notch
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ZO6guy
I ran a porsche carrera GT yesterday and ate him for lunch. I was on a tight and twisty road and he caught up to me after I backed off and still wanted more so I showed him what the Z was all about.

How hard was he driving his car? Was he competent (and stupid) enough to drive his CGT at 10/10ths on a public road?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:48 PM
CliffB-99
Melting Slicks

Received 135 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by raj
On first thoughts, a fairly thorough (by MT's standards, that is!) handling test with an interesting mix of cars. They had a reasonable battery of tests in which all cars were assigned a quantitative score based on measured performance. But meander over to the conclusion and what have you! They abandoned all the numbers generated in the various instrumented tests designed specifically to quantify the individual components of handling (steering feel, chassis control and response, cornering grip, etc.) and instead concocted a wonderful spider chart (now that's a technical name! ) based on eight new rectally extracted categories with entirely subjective rankings!!! This is exactly equivalent to testing the quantitative skills of 10 students using several scientific tests and then ranking them based on their dress sense, hygiene and sex appeal!

So I took the liberty of actually rating the top five cars based solely on their ranks in the six objective categories and here are the results of that comparison:

Lo and Behold! The Z06 ties for third overall with the Lotus Exige! I'd be the last to grudge the 997 GT3 it's rightful crown as the handling champ of street cars but to summarily reject the Z06 while it's handling by any quantifiable measure is as good as a track-bred ultralight mid-engine sportscar (the Exige) simply smacks of ignorance! This is an an all-time new low by MT and beats even their asinine Figure 8 invention. R&T has got some serious competition at the nadir of automotive journalism!
Best post in this thread

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 9th out of 10 per MotorTrend Test