Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Burseth Racing LLC 2006 Corvette C6-Z06!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 03:37 PM
BursethRacing
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burseth Racing LLC 2006 Corvette C6-Z06!!!

Being a race car driver - I have driven a lot of great cars over the years. My 2006 Chevrolet Corvette C6-Z06 is without a doubt the most enjoyable car that I have ever had. It is the best and "fastest" sports car on the market for the price. Its power and handing are amazing. It is ready nice to own an American made car that is truly world class. I advise people to enhance the performance of their C6-Z06 in stages. This way modication can be accomplished without that much down time. Our car is made for the track/street. Improving handling is the most important thing to do. With the right ride height and improved handling takes seconds off our lap time. Our car has reduce body roll and stability on the turns and reduce tendency to push in the turns. On the track switching to "competitive driving mode" and put your foot down and unleash the power. At about 5,600rpm, I put the pedal to the floor and the g-force meshes me back into the seat. For a race car driver what can be better.

What I will be doing is keeping all Corvette Z06 Forum Members posted on the newest mods and testing of products on the Burseth Racing LLC Corvette C6-Z06!!!

Burseth Racing LLC
Derek Burseth
1292 Humbracht Circle Unit E
Bartlett, IL 60103
(630)213-3456
Email bursethracing@sbcglobal.net
AIM bursethracing
www.bursethracing.com
www.derekburseth.com
Old 05-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Mike L.
Racer

Any chance of getting you guys to do some truly independent dyno testing with the Predator tunes?
We have seen an average of 25rwhp gains here, but we'd love to see the same gains outside of our dyno.
Keep us posted!!

Thanks
Mike
Old 05-14-2007, 06:08 PM
BursethRacing
Racer

Sounds like a great Idea and one on my list to get done in the next couple of weeks. Look forward to see dyno sheet in the next couple of weeks!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I want some numberssss car looks AWSOME!
Old 05-14-2007, 06:42 PM
BursethRacing
Racer

The current Mods are-K&N 63 Series AirCharger Intake, Diablosport Predator,OEM Wheels Hoosier's R6's Racing Tires,StopTech Corvette C6 Z06 4 Wheel Brake Kit,PFADT C6 Z06 Adjustable Coil Over Kit,PFADT C6 Z06 Competition Sway Bar Pillow Blocks,PFADT C6 Z06 Pfatty Bars - Competition Sway Bar Package,Carbon Fiber Dash,C6 Z06 Camber Adjustment Kit.

More to come soon!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 10:55 AM
BursethRacing
Racer

Default K&N 63 Series AirCharger Intake 2006-2007 Corvette C6-Z06

K&N 63 Series AirCharger Intake

The intake is good for a 5% horsepower gain to the wheels!!

Features

Product used by Derek Burseth of Burseth Racing on his Chevy Corvette C6 Z06 2006

A sister product to our 57 Series FIPK, our 63 Series Intake Kits or AirCharger® Intakes are built for many different vehicles and represent a dramatic improvement over a K&N O/E replacement filter alone. They enjoy a faster speed to market than our 57 Series kits due to their pending CARB status. These intakes use only non-metallic rotationally molded tubes that can reduce intake air temperature and decrease intake sound over a metal tube. Restriction can exist BETWEEN an air filter and the engine reducing the benefit of a K&N Air Filter. The weakest link in the airflow "chain" robs a vehicle of its natural horsepower. Often that weak point is the factory air path leading to the Engine. K&N Air Intake Kits virtually eliminate air path restriction by replacing the air filter and the entire air path to the engine. The aerodynamically engineered tube drives a massive amount of air into an engine, which translates into POWER. 63 Series

63-3060 Product Specifications
Product Style: 63 Series Aircharger Kits
Estimated Horsepower Gain: 27.22 HP @ 5600 RPM

The K&N Intake is $340.00 plus shipping!!! We have them instock ready to ship world wide!!!

For more info visit WWW.BURSETHRACING.COM
Old 05-15-2007, 12:26 PM
AaronCriss
Intermediate

How much better are the StopTech brakes over the stockers?

Signature:
Slingshots

Last edited by AaronCriss; 10-18-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Zred06
Burning Brakes

I have the K&N also and love it, I am curious if you have dyno results that back-up the K&N claim on HP gain?
Old 05-15-2007, 12:45 PM
BursethRacing
Racer

The StopTech's are great!!! On the Track/Street the brake pedal has better feedback to the driver. You can brake deeper in the braking zones and have security that your brakes will hold up!!! If you have any other questions about the StopTech's you can pm me or you can contact me at (630)213-3456

Burseth Racing LLC
Derek Burseth

Last edited by BursethRacing; 05-23-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:52 PM
BursethRacing
Racer

Thanks I have done alot of track development on the Honda S2000 to and other cars ect...... But I have been super happy how well the car drives on the street and the track and that was my goal with the C6-Z06 for myself and my clients. It is great to have a car that can pull some of the fastest lap times and still be able to be daily driven on the street.

Burseth Racing LLC
Derek Burseth

Last edited by BursethRacing; 05-23-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:17 PM
vipervetteguy
Drifting

Received 247 Likes on 101 Posts

What happened to the Rotola brake kit that you were trying to market in previous posts??
Old 05-15-2007, 02:34 PM
zaccotner
Instructor

Did you try any other coilover/suspension set ups? I want the car to handle like a go cart and do not care about ride quality. I keep hearing about great these are because they are not harsh but is anything sacrificed to keep them comfortable??
Old 05-15-2007, 02:56 PM
RoHo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What size are the Hoosiers your running, 325's or did you go with 345's?

and are you running them on the street? if so, how are they working out?
Old 05-15-2007, 10:38 PM
AutobahnRacer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Back It Up

I read alot of posts in reply to your claims of increased HP and performance. So many of the posts have asked, patiently, for DYNO tests to back up the claims.

I have yet to see you post a DYNO sheet to back up before and after performance information.

You can't expect to sell these products on your word alone! Given the amount of track testing you do, I would think a little 'lab testing' would be a logical step in your sales presentation.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:20 AM
BursethRacing
Racer

I dont feel I have to post what my car is doing!!! Burseth Racing LLC Corvette C6-Z06 is going to be doing lots of magazine exposure and some Time Attack Events. I would not sell preformance HP upgrades that wouldnt give you more power. All Manufactors show there HP performance on there dyno sheets.
I wouldnt not post what my alignment sheet on the forum.

Last edited by Bursethracing; 05-16-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:22 AM
BursethRacing
Racer

I am running 345's in the rear.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:28 PM
vipervetteguy
Drifting

Received 247 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by vipervetteguy
What happened to the Rotola brake kit that you were trying to market in previous posts??
I'm still wondering about the big brakes you were saying were so great before you deciced to go with Stoptech. Credibilty could be questioned by some as you seem to rave about whatever product you have access to. My impression (and the impression you gave others at Chevyfest) was that you felt the Rotolas were superior to Stoptech/Brembo, etc.

Get notified of new replies

To Burseth Racing LLC 2006 Corvette C6-Z06!!!

Old 05-16-2007, 02:30 PM
BursethRacing
Racer

They are a great system for the money I never said they where better then Stoptech,Brembo. For you to know I already had access to Rotora,StopTech,Brembo on www.bursethracing.com . The Rotora's where intended for a person who might go to the track once or twice a year. Never as being a race system to be used at a racetrack on a regular basis. We have gone with StopTech because I go to the AutoBahn two to three times a week.

All the brakes systems have pros and cons. I think you just need to figure out your price point and then see which kit is in your range and your driving. All the kits are better than stock. I think daily street driving, any of the kits would be good. I think Rotora are great for the street system and better than stock. Also the price is in most people's budget. I have switched to StopTech because I track my Z06 more than I daily drive this car. StopTech for me works for both track and daily driving. The question is how many of you go the the track on a regular basis. The question is only a matter of what tracking you are doing and the size of your budget.

Burseth Racing LLC
Derek Burseth
(630)213-3456
www.bursethracing.com
www.derekburseth.com
Old 05-16-2007, 10:50 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bursethracing
The current Mods are-K&N 63 Series AirCharger Intake, Diablosport Predator,OEM Wheels Hoosier's R6's Racing Tires,StopTech Corvette C6 Z06 4 Wheel Brake Kit,PFADT C6 Z06 Adjustable Coil Over Kit,PFADT C6 Z06 Competition Sway Bar Pillow Blocks,PFADT C6 Z06 Pfatty Bars - Competition Sway Bar Package,Carbon Fiber Dash,C6 Z06 Camber Adjustment Kit.

More to come soon!!!
what is the difference in your camber kit and the hardbar kit?
Old 05-17-2007, 05:25 PM
BursethRacing
Racer

Well first off this is not a Burseth Racing LLC Camber Kit this a PFADT Racing Camber Kit. We helped on testing and development on their product. I really can't compare both kits because we are only running the PFADT kit. The PFADT kit is great to keep your setup and if you take one wheel off on the track it wont mess up your setup!!! But rember I dont ever take one wheel off LOL!!!

You'll spend a lot of money getting a performance alignment done on your car - don't let that setting change just because you hit a pot hole, drop two wheels off the track or bang into some FIA curbing!

It's a known issue that the factory eccentrics are prone to slipping. PFADT camber kit allows you to achieve the maximum negative camber and eliminates the eccentrics so that the the settings don't slip. You'll be able to get more negative camber with PFADT kit than is possible with the stock set up.

PFADT kit replaces the bolts on the front upper a-arms with stainless steel studs and we provide stainless steel shims to set your desired camber and caster. The lower eccentrics are eliminated and the bolts are locked into their maximum position using a set of off-set plates. For the rear we provide a set of shims for the eccentric to dial in your alignment and make it stick.

Don't risk tearing up a $600 set of tires because of an alignment eccentric that has slipped! Install PFADT camber kit and keep your hard-earned performance alignment in place!

This kit is a must for any C6 or C6-Z06 that is auto crossed or driven at the track.

If any one has tech questions on any products we carry or have any questions I can help you out you can pm me or you can reach me at Burseth Racing LLC (630)213-3456 ask for Derek Burseth

Burseth Racing LLC
Derek Burseth
www.bursethracing.com
www.derekburseth.com

Quick Reply: [Z06] Burseth Racing LLC 2006 Corvette C6-Z06!!!