Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] What Jeremy Clarkson thinks of America and the Z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 02:44 PM
niteriderc5
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JC is Jackie Chan to Tiff Needels Jet li

Whos a better fighter...Jet...whos more entertaining to watch Jackie
Old 08-29-2007, 03:55 PM
elh0102
Burning Brakes

IMO, like some Brits, Clarkson sort of enjoys being the pompous British ***, for which, some would say, many of them have quite a talent. And, many in that group also enjoy digging at the "colonies", and our unsophisticated ways. Sometimes, I'm not sure if the arrogance some of them display is the unavoidable product of good breeding, or, just in-breeding. Guess the ol' gene pool's getting pretty well used up at this point. So, we should try to accept, even enjoy, the show that folks like Clarkson present. It might be the last generation before extra arms and legs start showing up; how would he drive? Speaking of which, I guess I disagree with some previous posters. I think Clarkson is at least half as good a driver as he thinks, which makes him pretty darn good.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:55 AM
0David_Yu
Former Vendor

I know Jeremy and he is one of the funniest guys you will ever meet and a genuine car enthusiast.

But yes, Top Gear is a light entertainment show first and a car show a very distant second and that has lead to its unprecedented success worldwide.

The key factor is JC's irreverent humour and presenting style and the fact he is so vigorously un-PC and thank God for that!

He would be delighted to know he has managed to wind some of you up and would give a knowing wink to those of you who get his humour...
Old 08-30-2007, 07:07 AM
Toxic Z
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by David_Yu
I know Jeremy and he is one of the funniest guys you will ever meet and a genuine car enthusiast.

But yes, Top Gear is a light entertainment show first and a car show a very distant second and that has lead to its unprecedented success worldwide.

The key factor is JC's irreverent humour and presenting style and the fact he is so vigorously un-PC and thank God for that!

He would be delighted to know he has managed to wind some of you up and would give a knowing wink to those of you who get his humour...
Then you can tell him that he was wrong about the gas mileage but then you are saying that 'facts' are not important .. entertainment is first.

I guess we should look at him as a clown who hides behind the 'entertainment' facade when he gets is facts wrong.. that is his formula for success.

Last edited by Toxic Z; 08-30-2007 at 07:55 AM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] What Jeremy Clarkson thinks of America and the Z06