Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] first trip to the dyno - numbers

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 06:42 PM
TAILWAG
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default first trip to the dyno - numbers

We did a total of 3 pulls...

First pull: 467.3 hp...

They wanted to let the car cool off in order before a second pull was done.

Second pull: 468.4 hp...

They wanted to let the car cool off one more time but I said screw it...let me run it right now, hot and bothered...I wanted to get on the gas this time...

Third and final pull: 471.8 hp...

Conclusions:
1. My car likes me better...
2. Since a good 15-20rwhp could be squeezed out of the car through tuning (running really fat), I am considering getting a tune, but am slightly afraid about voiding warranty...
Old 11-02-2007, 07:36 PM
ayousef
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

incredible man, I wont tell you how much my car dyno-ed stock otherwise youll laugh hahaa...

what was the highest stock z06 dyno again?

I think you could get MORE than 20rwhp through a tune.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Z06Modder
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re:

Hey Tailwag.

I just had mine tuned with the Killer Bee on it by Nick at MC's. We pulled 481 or 482.

We need to hook up some time.

Jeff
Old 11-02-2007, 08:00 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
We did a total of 3 pulls...

First pull: 467.3 hp...

They wanted to let the car cool off in order before a second pull was done.

Second pull: 468.4 hp...

They wanted to let the car cool off one more time but I said screw it...let me run it right now, hot and bothered...I wanted to get on the gas this time...

Third and final pull: 471.8 hp...

Conclusions:
1. My car likes me better...
2. Since a good 15-20rwhp could be squeezed out of the car through tuning (running really fat), I am considering getting a tune, but am slightly afraid about voiding warranty...
From you dyno you are about 7-10 up over all the other LS7's, you got a good one, post the graphs if you can, so we can see the power curve that will tell you more than peak HP. You might be making allot more power at different RPM's that would answer the question of why you are wateing other cars so easily cause 7-10HP will only give you about 1 car in the 1/4, I can bet you are pushing more at different RPM's, congrats! you have a factory freak
Old 11-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Tony007
Advanced

Congrats, that's some killer #'s
Old 11-02-2007, 11:20 PM
Pio
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

It's the break in miles - these engines love miles - great numbers!! Not sure if just a tune will void the warranty though. Send a PM to Jim Hall, I'm sure he knows.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:55 AM
TAILWAG
Melting Slicks

Here are the runs...what can you guys tell from the curve? Also, from a few people that frequent this shop, they claim this dynos shows "lower" numbers...I am going to set up a time to run it again at the other dyno to get the other numbers and see if they are consistent.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:59 AM
TAILWAG
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Z06Modder
Hey Tailwag.

I just had mine tuned with the Killer Bee on it by Nick at MC's. We pulled 481 or 482.

Jeff

Hey there! MC was my first choice but they were all at SEMA...do you know what you pulled "before" the tune? It would be good to know to see how much I could pick up from a good tune. Can you post yours so we can compare the curve? If you are interested, we are going out on a "drive" on Sunday. PM me for details...we usually get about half a dozen Z06's, about a dozen Vipers and a few Esprit's/Lambo's Ferro's...etc...
Old 11-03-2007, 01:46 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by TAILWAG

Here are the runs...what can you guys tell from the curve? Also, from a few people that frequent this shop, they claim this dynos shows "lower" numbers...I am going to set up a time to run it again at the other dyno to get the other numbers and see if they are consistent.
WOW!!!

That is one strong ****! Amigo, screw the warranty and do your self a favor a get a tune locally or by email from either Myself, Jim, Charlie and so on. I'll bet that any one of us can get you more ponies...I know I can!

Please let me know if I can assist you with that. If necessary, as far as the dealer and your tuning goes, you can go back to stock in 30 seconds or less if you choose the HP tuners software route. Believe me, you can do it yourself in seconds

Thanks and congrats on your strong numbers

Carlos
Old 11-03-2007, 08:40 AM
Bills Z06
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Great #'s!
Old 11-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Z06Modder
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re:

Damn!!

I've got the Chiefs-Packers game on Sunday, otherwise I would absolutely join you. I'm assuming I cant make it anyway...tailgating out there at 930ish, back home by 4.

Let me know when your group does that again! Where do you usually go route-wise? PM that info if you wish..
Old 11-03-2007, 09:28 AM
TAILWAG
Melting Slicks

Damn!!

I've got the Chiefs-Packers game on Sunday, otherwise I would absolutely join you. I'm assuming I cant make it anyway...tailgating out there at 930ish, back home by 4.

Let me know when your group does that again! Where do you usually go route-wise? PM that info if you wish..
We are going for an early brunch and then going to one of the guys' house to watch the game. We are then going out for a much needed guys' night out and leave the girls to do their thing at night. Again, you are most welcome to join us then. We try to get together once per week, and we are more eager to make this happen before weather gets too crappy. Last night we went to race karts....was a blast. I will pm you my info.

As far as the "routes" we take, well, yes, I will pm you that info for abvious reasons...
Old 11-03-2007, 10:38 AM
VetteRobbie
Instructor

Default Can you tell me why?

Can you tell me how everybody on this forum, gets 450 to 480 on bone stock Z06's and . . . .

http://www.vetteweb.com/features/vem...car/index.html

425 bone stock. This was on Dream Car Garage, a Speed TV productions this morning. Let's get some feedback here. 50hp at the rear wheels seems like alot.

VetteRobbie
Old 11-03-2007, 10:49 AM
TAILWAG
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by VetteRobbie
Can you tell me how everybody on this forum, gets 450 to 480 on bone stock Z06's and . . . .

425 bone stock. This was on Dream Car Garage, a Speed TV productions this morning. Let's get some feedback here. 50hp at the rear wheels seems like alot.

VetteRobbie
I have seen the same thing on different cars....STi's, EVO's, S2000's, 300Z's...there can be a considerable difference from one car to another, and as miles are put in on some motors, they can throw in even better numbers....
Old 11-03-2007, 10:50 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

VetteRobbie

But then on the other side of the coin in that article. They made 490hp with just a st of headers and a corsa cat back and maybe some tuning? So now we have a 65hp gain Hmm maybe a bit of marketing hype their side eh? I mean 65hp gain sure sounds a heck of a lot better than 40 doesn't it ? I would take these dyno claims with a grain of salt, every dyno and every car is a bit different. From my standpoint, on average on my Mustang dyno which is a model 600DE I see an average from a low of 440 to a high of 465 on a bone stock Z. My personal car made 451 on my dyno before any changes was made.

Last edited by tjwong; 11-03-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Hey Tailwag.

Jeff
Great numbers. Was that with headers? Whos tune?

Jim
Old 11-03-2007, 07:05 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VetteRobbie
Yup, caught that show and wondered the same thing...425 Hp 400 Torque. Seemed crazy knowing Tom Wong got 451 on his. Are the dynos that different? I also recall that episode was at a Canadian tuner....maybe they didn't do the conversion to US

I wasn't going to bother base lining mne but I may now. Taking mine to Tom this Friday!

Get notified of new replies

To first trip to the dyno - numbers

Quick Reply: [Z06] first trip to the dyno - numbers