Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Streetlegal 300 MPH Z06 ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 01:44 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Painrace
I told her no because if you were injured it was a lot worse if they put you to sleep on a full stomach (guess how I know?).

Untrue. Why do you think so?
Old 11-07-2007, 02:23 PM
wanaZ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DDSLT5
What is untrue?
Old 11-07-2007, 03:21 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by wanaZ
What is untrue?
if you were injured it was a lot worse if they put you to sleep on a full stomach

clearer?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Frenchican
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you were injured it was a lot worse if they put you to sleep on a full stomach

clearer?

been there... I wrecked my Harley a couple of years ago after a bbq. They put me under. Not pretty when I woke up.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:40 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Frenchican

been there... I wrecked my Harley a couple of years ago after a bbq. They put me under. Not pretty when I woke up.
Specifically what are you referring to? If it is the anesthesia itself, a full stomach isn't an issue. A Rapid Sequence Induction is employed to ensure no aspiration of stomach contents occurs. Otherwise, everything is the same. Full stomach or not, it really doesn't affect the anesthesia.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Lets see, in 1986 I had both my ankles broken in the same wreck. After a operation I was sick as hell throwing up everything I had eaten. Throwing up with two broken ankles is no fun!

In 1974 my left arm and hand was injured in a wreck at North Wilksboro and I was immediately put to sleep and when I woke up I was sick as hell and all the shaking was so painful I was crying. It lasted for about 1.5 hours.

I don't remember what happened when they put the plate in my head.

I had my prostate removed in 1999. I could not eat anything from midnight the night before and I was operated on at 6:00 PM. I had no issues.

I could go on but you should get the idea. I am not a doctor and don't know why but given the choice I will get cut up and put to sleep without anything in my stomach.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Frenchican
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets see, in 1986 I had both my ankles broken in the same wreck. After a operation I was sick as hell throwing up everything I had eaten. Throwing up with two broken ankles is no fun!

In 1974 my left arm and hand was injured in a wreck at North Wilksboro and I was immediately put to sleep and when I woke up I was sick as hell and all the shaking was so painful I was crying. It lasted for about 1.5 hours.

I had my prostate removed in 1999. I could not eat anything from midnight the night before and I was operated on at 6:00 PM. I had no issues.

I could go on but you should get the idea. I am not a doctor and don't know why but given the choice I will get cut up and put to sleep without anything in my stomach.
Jim?

Old 11-07-2007, 11:23 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Did you tell the anesthesiologist about your tendancy to have nausea post operatively?

Times have changed in anesthesia. A lot of the agents formerly used caused significant nausea and vomitting. Current medicines are much less likely to cause these problems, and there are several medicines that can be given intraoperatively to prevent the incidence of your issues.

That being said - it is much safer NOT to eat before elective surgery (aspiration risk). Hopefully you never have to experience this uncomfortable incident again.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:14 PM
wanaZ
Intermediate

clearer?
yes. I wasn't sure what you ment. However current medicines still cause people to vomit...
Old 11-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Did you tell the anesthesiologist about your tendancy to have nausea post operatively?

Times have changed in anesthesia. A lot of the agents formerly used caused significant nausea and vomitting. Current medicines are much less likely to cause these problems, and there are several medicines that can be given intraoperatively to prevent the incidence of your issues.

That being said - it is much safer NOT to eat before elective surgery (aspiration risk). Hopefully you never have to experience this uncomfortable incident again.
Tell the anesthesiologist? I never even saw one. When you have just had your *** busted there are not a lot of things you think about. I recently had my colon checked and I was up and out within 30 minutes so I agree times have changed. Where you you 30 years ago when I needed you?
Old 11-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Frenchican
Jim?

You mean $0.06 don't you Tommy?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:32 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by wanaZ
yes. I wasn't sure what you ment. However current medicines still cause people to vomit...
So does chinese food. Some people are just prone to Nausea/vomitting - there are many medicines to counteract this.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:32 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Where you you 30 years ago when I needed you?
In diapers sh!tting myself!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 09:34 AM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

In diapers sh!tting myself!!!
Attached Images  
Old 11-09-2007, 09:44 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RED99
Dude - where did you get that pic? I would love to have a shirt like that for my new nephew! Where can I find it?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:34 AM
wanaZ
Intermediate

So does chinese food. Some people are just prone to Nausea/vomitting - there are many medicines to counteract this.

I agree, but for some people (like my wife) nothing really works.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:26 PM
BoostManiac
Team Owner

Location: Deplorable 160 Proof Olde Anglo-Saxon in Atlanta, GA
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaxian
Callaways Sledgehammer car did 254 with 'only' 850hp almost 15 years ago. So nearly double the power in a slipperyer car to get 46 more mph. Sounds possible although I know the resistance increases by squares or however you say it.
They turned it up to at least 920 HP for the record run and it had relatively narrow tires (less drag). I for one don't think the new Z could pull it off unless they squeeze a LOT more power out of it, 50 mph is a big deal from 200 to 250, but from 250 to 300 mph, it's HUGE! Various mega HP Viper TTs have definitely been highly limited by aero, the Vette has an advantage there, but 300 mph is pie in the sky without major aero improvements.

Get notified of new replies

To Streetlegal 300 MPH Z06 ?

Old 11-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Jerseyboy
Racer

All you guys are assuming that this car has completely stock Aero and is maxed out at 1500hp. Neither of which is true. It made 1500hp with smaller turbos then are on there now. Both transmission and differential gearing has also been changed to better suit the intended purpose. (2.73 Differential and revised trans ratios). Even with this gearing the car is still boost limited in the lower gears to help with traction.

You can get the spec sheet and video from the website here;

http://www.lingenfelter.com/Lingenfe...06ZO6TTBGB.htm

Make no mistake about it, this is not just alot of hp in a stock car. This is an engineered piece built for a specific purpose. I congratulate Norm and LPE on pushing the envelope of Corvette performance. Keep up the good work guys!

Jersey
Old 11-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Jerseyboy
Racer

Originally Posted by jschindler
I'm sure the car is badass, but what the launch control and traction control are doing is limiting the hp getting to the ground - which in my opinion, still makes it impossible to hit 200 in 18 seconds without all wheel drive, or some serious slicks on the car.
The car most surely did accomplish 0-200mph in just over 18 seconds on DOT tires, and there is GPS data to prove it. And yes, it was boost limited in the lower gears but the driver managed to get the job done. Definetly not an easy task when you are dealing with this kind fo power.

Jersey
Old 11-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Jerseyboy
Racer

Originally Posted by chriswtx

Quote from Lingenfelter's web site...

Custom 16 injector fabricated intake manifold==not street legal..
Custom LPE twin fuel pump fuel supply system==not street legal..
XFC auxiliary fuel controller for additonal 8 injectors==Not street legal...

Shall I go on...

Still a stupid fast car though...

So what makes these items not street legal?

16 injector manifold? Ah, ZR1 did this back in 1990. As long as it still sealed and goes through a purge cannister, its still legit. There is no limit in the number of fuel injectors you can have. Look at some of the new sport bikes that have dual injectors per cylinder, one for low speed/low load and the other comes in at high speed/high load conditions.

Dual fuel pump module. As long as it still a sealed system, has a functioning vapor return line of the smae material as the factory piece, and the purge system functions as stock, it's fine.

Auxilary fuel controller for extra injectors? Nothing illegal about that. There is no law that dictates that the injectors need to be controlled by the factory ECU. Look at the import turbo kits that are CARB approved. All of them use piggyback controllers.

Do they all have a CARB EO number? Probably not but there is nothing stopping them from getting CARB approved if they were so inclined.

Jersey

Quick Reply: [Z06] Streetlegal 300 MPH Z06 ?