Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Intake and Throttle Body Special for $325.00 Shipped

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 12:18 PM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Intake and Throttle Body Special for $325.00 Shipped

For the next 30 day's from today through the end of October 15th, we will be offering special pricing of $225 for the intake manifold and $125 for the TB. If you have both of these done together, the price will be $325.00 SHIPPED. If you are not local, these prices include shipping within the 48 states. IF you come to us here, we will swap the intake and throttle body for no charge. We typically charge $300 for the intake manifold porting and $150 for the TB and when done together we charge $400 plus shipping.

The average gain for the LS2 intake manifold is 11rwhp/13rwtq. We have done over 280+ LS2 intake manifolds, 80+ LS7 (18RWHP and 20RWTQ), 30+ LS3 & L76s (12RWHP and 15RWTQ) and over 210 TB's.
We have had many cars gain much more than the averages listed.
20RWHP from an LS2, 32RWHP for an LS7, and 30RWHP from a L76 and 22RWHP from an LS3.
When porting the TB you will see greatly improved throttle response and bottom end/mid range Tq feel and a significant seat of the pants gain. Our Manifolds are very thoroughly ported not only in the runners but also much of the plenum and TB flange are enlarged in order to support more airflow in the upper RPM. The larger the air reservoir the less likely to deplete more volume in the upper RPMs. Hence the OEM difference of the '00 LS1 intake vs the '01 LS6 intake.

We also port LSX manifolds, pricing is typically $350. Through October 15th we will also be porting these for $275.000 SHIPPED. We do open the flanges of a 90mm FAST to 92mm as well as reshape the bell-mouth port entry and increase plenum volume, resulting in an 10/10 hp tq gain over non ported FAST's

For those of you interested in this offer we can help with the tuning as well, either through a mail order tune or here locally in the Tampa Bay area. If you are interested in a mail order tune but do not have HP Tuners, we can help you there with a great deal on HP Tuners. We know exactly what to do in the tuning in order to optimize the fuel, spark advance and response.
On all vehicles since '01 the more airflow the vehicle has the less timing it will give it under heavier load. We fix that in the tune as well as dial in the right amount of fueling at the right time.

Core charge is $550.00 for both the intake and TB. Refunded the day we receive the core's back. We ask that you return your core's within 7 days of receiving the ported set. It typically takes 2-3 day's for the refund to show on statements due to processing time with banks/CC companies.

Turn around here is usually less than 3 days if you send your set to us for porting.

LS1's and LS6's are not done, as there are no measurable gains in porting these intakes.

Here are some dyno graph examples of the gains associated with these mods:

1st is a stock LS2 A4 A/B run.

Here is a L76 M6 with a 236/242 cam and ported heads A/B runs.

Here is a Stock M6 A/B run.

These are all very typical gains, and hope these help out.

Here is a completely optimized LS2 manifold/tune and then to a ported and tuned LSX/FAST set up. The number of pulls shown is due to continually pulling timing/tuning to optimize power.

This is a nice example of a comparison to a ported LS2 to a ported LSX.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:32 AM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Bump.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:49 AM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

hmmm.. not bad. I was told though, by a local machinist, that porting the ls7 intake wasn't really necessary, only the TB. Are your average gains mostly from the TB or is there an advantage to actually porting the manifold as well as the intake?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:57 AM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

You actually will not see any HP gains from porting the TB. The HP gains are just from the manifold. When you port the TB, you will see a great increase in throttle response and it will feel as if you picked up a significant amount of tq. There is a great deal of extra material inside of these manifolds, and that is why you will benefit from having them ported. They are very restrictive in stock form.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Mark Ducati
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumb Question

$325 shipped for a new TB and Manifold?

I am no mechanic, but are these replacement/bolt on pieces that a mechanical dummy like me with a HomeDepot Husky 150pc tool-set-in-a-box can install on a weekend?

2nd question, my dealership (already asked them) about modding the factory tune... they sell maybe 4 corvettes per year, let alone a Z06... They are FIRM that if I show up with a modded tune, ALL Factory Warranty is OFF! Would I still see some significant gains even with the stock tune?

Thanks for your patience, you might be thinking "sheesh, this guy has no business even thinking of messing with his LS7"... but for what you might take for mechanical knowledge granted, some of us have no idea, and some might be too scared to even ask such question.

Okay, my neck's out on the block... hack away.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:07 PM
wishmaster
Instructor

PM send,man pls reply me ASAP,THANKS
Old 09-24-2008, 12:12 AM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Ducati- Yes we have installation/removal instructions that we can email to you.
Yes you will still benefit from the parts untuned but tuning makes a huge difference especially if I were to have my input in the tune.
I typically get over 25RWHP blindfolded on a stk Z06. With the C6 Z06 intake, TB, and tune package we have seen over 50RWHP many times and promise over 40RWHP.
BTW where are you located?
Wishmaster 2nd pm sent .
I am going to bed now
Good night
Jeremy
Old 09-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Fast06Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JJFormato
Ducati- Yes we have installation/removal instructions that we can email to you.
Yes you will still benefit from the parts untuned but tuning makes a huge difference especially if I were to have my input in the tune.
I typically get over 25RWHP blindfolded on a stk Z06. With the C6 Z06 intake, TB, and tune package we have seen over 50RWHP many times and promise over 40RWHP.
BTW where are you located?
Wishmaster 2nd pm sent .
I am going to bed now
Good night
Jeremy
Bought mine today! cant wait to get it on and get tuned. Jeremy can you post some photos of the LS7 Intake and TB before and after. Thanks
Old 09-24-2008, 08:28 PM
IRVINEC6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeremy, I know you use to travel to different states and do tunes. Do you still do that? Are you coming to California anytime soon?

Thanks
Old 09-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Fast06Z06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Fast06Z06
Bought mine today! cant wait to get it on and get tuned. Jeremy can you post some photos of the LS7 Intake and TB before and after. Thanks

Still Waiting on photos?
Old 09-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 91 Posts

I left a message on your answering machine. Money in hand.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Fast06Z06
Melting Slicks

QUOTE=Lawdogg;1567246838]I left a message on your answering machine. Money in hand.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing kept trying and finally got through. Be persistent its worth it youll get someone. Shalane is super nice and friendly on the phone also. Mines coming today!
Old 09-26-2008, 10:27 AM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Fast06Z06
I did the same thing kept trying and finally got through. Be persistent its worth it youll get someone. Shalane is super nice and friendly on the phone also. Mines coming today!
Thank you. Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you. I do not have any pictures at the moment. All of our intakes here are ported already so I cannot take any before and after. I will try to get some when our cores come back in.

I will be returning phone calls here in a few minutes.

Shalane F
Old 09-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Fast06Z06
Melting Slicks

Thank you. Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you. I do not have any pictures at the moment. All of our intakes here are ported already so I cannot take any before and after. I will try to get some when our cores come back in.

I will be returning phone calls here in a few minutes.

Shalane F
You should have mine back by the end of the week. How about a picture of the ported ones. Im sure you can see the difference as well. thanks
Old 09-30-2008, 03:59 PM
tampap999
Racer

Jeremy,
Im interested in this deal...quick question, is there a particular CAI intake that will give the most gains with the manifold/TB/tune package you are offering? I want to stay away from hacking the shroud so...KB? K&N? etc...any input on this? I PMs you last week... Thanks.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:10 PM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Hey guys, sorry been extremely busy here and not able to keep up with all that needs to be done. Ok Fast Z06 I do not want to post pics of what I do publicly, I will describe the porting but I do not want to provide an avenue for copying our design. on top of the fact that I do not have any stk ones here currently.
We open up the manifolds very aggressively to what we have found over 100's of dyno test to be optimal. We try our best to make each runner the same as the next, in stk trim some flow much greater than others. We open up plenum volume as much as we can within reason to support the most mid range TQ and higher end power.
TampaP999- I would always recommend the VR but you have to cut the shroud. I have one sitting here with your name on it, low miles $275 installed. If you are not going to cut the shroud than the KB and the KN are decent intakes but not COLD AIR INTAKES nor RAM AIR.
Jeremy Formato
Old 10-01-2008, 09:22 AM
tampap999
Racer

Jeremy...I will call you. Maybe hook all this up this weekend?

Get notified of new replies

To Intake and Throttle Body Special for $325.00 Shipped

Old 10-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Fast06Z06
Melting Slicks

Hey guys, sorry been extremely busy here and not able to keep up with all that needs to be done. Ok Fast Z06 I do not want to post pics of what I do publicly, I will describe the porting but I do not want to provide an avenue for copying our design. on top of the fact that I do not have any stk ones here currently.
We open up the manifolds very aggressively to what we have found over 100's of dyno test to be optimal. We try our best to make each runner the same as the next, in stk trim some flow much greater than others. We open up plenum volume as much as we can within reason to support the most mid range TQ and higher end power.
TampaP999- I would always recommend the VR but you have to cut the shroud. I have one sitting here with your name on it, low miles $275 installed. If you are not going to cut the shroud than the KB and the KN are decent intakes but not COLD AIR INTAKES nor RAM AIR.
Jeremy Formato
Thanks Jeremy. I can appreciate that and understand you want to keep your privacy. Im happy with mine. I sent the TB and intake cores to you. Speak to your wife about the details. Thanks
Old 10-02-2008, 11:51 PM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Lawdogg- I am sorry if we missed you.
Tampa999- I will be in town this Fri and SAT.
Fast Z06- Thank you and I will take care of it all.
Jeremy Formato
Old 11-04-2008, 09:15 AM
tampap999
Racer

Just wanted to send a big thank you out to Jeremy for this weekend's mod work.
Car dyno'd HOT and put down 427 HP. After Jeremy's tune and fine tuning, the ported TB, ported Manifold, and K&N, the dyno was showing 482 HP. Picked up 50 Ft-lb TQ as well.
Will try to put up the dyno chart later but if Jeremy has it handy, feel free to post it.
Thanks again...another satisfied Z owner with Jeremy's tuning!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Intake and Throttle Body Special for $325.00 Shipped