Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Bend-Pak 4 Post Lift Question - Is HD9-ST wide enough for Z?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:42 AM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Bend-Pak 4 Post Lift Question - Is HD9-ST wide enough for Z?

Hi guys,

Time to add a 4 post to the garage.

I'm looking at the Bend-Pak HD series 4 posts and need to clarify if the 'narrower' version (HD9-ST) offers enough ramp width/clearance for my C6Z.

There seem to be mixed opinions on the matter - based on my CF searches.

The width of each ramp is 19" - the width of the center section (between ramps) is 37.25" - giving an OS to OS dimension of 75.25". The width of the outside of the back tires appears to be (and is stated online) as 76" for the Z.

What I need to find out is if there is additional clearance between the outside edge of the ramps and the column gussets. (see image below)

I know it's going to be tight, but I really don't have the room for the wider (dash B) version of the lift.

If anyone has the -ST version and a C6Z and knows that it fits, please post back or PM me.

Thanks in advance.
Chris

I Don't Want to Do this

Old 10-21-2008, 08:58 AM
captej
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sure...

crap...sorry, i do not have the standard width...ej
Old 10-21-2008, 09:02 AM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Hey CaptEJ -

I ran across your posts during my search.. I see you have the same (wide) version as Patches. That 120 3/4" overall width is a bit wide for where I want to put it.

Thanks anyway.
Chris
Old 10-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Xwet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You want a HD9. You need a little bit more width. I just bought one.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:44 AM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Xwet
You want a HD9. You need a little bit more width. I just bought one.
What's a 'little more'?

I'd rather not cut the supports, but I've read that Bend-Pak lift support location/shape has changed over the last year or two.

I called/emailed them, but nobody is home

TIA
Old 10-21-2008, 01:37 PM
mousecatcher
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by HIRISC
I know it's going to be tight, but I really don't have the room for the wider (dash B) version of the lift.

If anyone has the -ST version and a C6Z and knows that it fits, please post back or PM me.
Not sure if you mean you can't fit an HD9-ST-B (compared to HD9-ST) or if you can't fit an HD9-B.

The -B is the revision and you can't order an older version. So if you meant you can't fit an HD9-ST-B then you are out of luck because you can't order a plain HD9-ST.

Also, they are actually up to -E.

The ST dimensions as printed will fit a corvette, but it will be a VERY close fit. I find it very hard to believe that the gussets are wider than the mirrors.

Last edited by mousecatcher; 10-21-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Xwet
Racer

Originally Posted by HIRISC
What's a 'little more'?

I'd rather not cut the supports, but I've read that Bend-Pak lift support location/shape has changed over the last year or two.

I called/emailed them, but nobody is home

TIA

The width of your Z06 without side mirrors is 76 in. If you let 4 in on each side for mirrors, that resolves to a width of 85 in. Width between inside of posts is 89 in. Its a little snug but will fit.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:06 PM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by mousecatcher
Not sure if you mean you can't fit an HD9-ST-B (compared to HD9-ST) or if you can't fit an HD9-B.

The -B is the revision and you can't order an older version. So if you meant you can't fit an HD9-ST-B then you are out of luck because you can't order a plain HD9-ST.

Also, they are actually up to -E.

The ST dimensions as printed will fit a corvette, but it will be a VERY close fit. I find it very hard to believe that the gussets are wider than the mirrors.
Yeah, their specifications .pdf shows the 'old' terminology - the site per se shows the new versions.

It's actually not the mirror width I'm concerned about, it's the outside of the rear tire to outside of rear tire measurement = 76".

The HD-9ST-B is the narrow version of the HD-9-B that a lot of guys on here have (with an overall width of 120.75". That has approximately 82" of 'tire' clearance - plenty for the Z or any other car I'm familiar with.

The HD-9ST-B has 75.25" of ramp width. My understanding after emailing with BendPak is that the crossmember support (circled in red in my image above) adjoins the ramp - aka, there is no extra room.

One of the guys from 6speedonline cut his support and then taped over them with red duct tape to fit his FordGT on the -ST-B version. The FGT has a tire width of 76.9", so I wasn't sure if I could squeeze my Z06 on the thinner version.

I'm hopeful that someone tried it and it fit - I'd really prefer not to have the 120.75" footprint if I don't absolutely need it.

Last edited by HIRISC; 10-21-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Vette Guy
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I own a HD-9ST and will confirm that the Z will not fit on it. Not a problem as I keep my 65 on top and ZR-1 underneath.

Mark

Last edited by Vette Guy; 07-02-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:33 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Vette Guy
I own a HD-9ST and will confirm that the Z will not fit on it. Not a problem as I keep my 65 on top and ZR-1 underneath.

Mark
Old 07-03-2011, 12:13 AM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette Guy
Mark
Good chance the op has figured it out in the last 3 years.

Get notified of new replies

To Bend-Pak 4 Post Lift Question - Is HD9-ST wide enough for Z?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Bend-Pak 4 Post Lift Question - Is HD9-ST wide enough for Z?