Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] BendPak HD-9 Four Post Lift Installed - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:44 PM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by kenmal5
Looks like a nice install. Had the same lift installed several weeks ago. And yes no need to bolt down. My installer said he installed these on dirt, self levelling to a point. Noticed that your ramps hang kind of low, so it looks like you remove them which is probably a pain. Mine have aluminum spacers under them and only hang down 3". Also added a high lift kit to the garage tracks and a Jackshaft opener. This brings the door almost to the ceiling. Just some thoughts.

Ken
Hey Ken - good to hear you're having a good experience with yours too.

I have the locking plates for the ramps, but for the winter storage configuration, I just took the ramps off completely. In the summer, I'll probably leave them on, that way I can get the Camaro off faster.

I considered the jackshaft opener, but determined that it wouldn't help much with my 120" ceiling height. I can raise the Camaro another 4 inches or so before the hood hits. The antenna would actually hit the ceiling first and the roof shortly after that. With the Corvette up and backed in, I can raise the car to the top of the lift capacity without hitting the hood on the garage door (opened).

If I get some other cars and/or need to change how I stack them, I may re-consider a hi-lift opener solution.

Last edited by HIRISC; 11-09-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:18 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

have to do anything special to modify the garage door? if this will fit in a 10 foot ceiling it would make my house shopping easier!

do you have a 2 stall garage?

Last edited by dvandentop; 11-09-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:35 PM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by dvandentop
have to do anything special to modify the garage door? if this will fit in a 10 foot ceiling it would make my house shopping easier!

do you have a 2 stall garage?
My garage door is plain-jane - nothing prepped for the lift.

120" ceiling for me - A Vette and a sedan should fit, but measure 2x, buy 1x

My garage is a 4+ capacity.. Two side has the four post lift and my 3rd stall is double-car deep (38'). My scissor lift goes on that side.

Normally, my wife parks her car toward the door and our snowmobile trailer takes up the back spot.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:45 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

ok cool thanks for the explanation
Old 11-10-2008, 06:51 AM
PIC
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Chris
I still got my scissor lift you helped me with, thanks again. I just finished building a new 30x30 garage for my Z and put a shallow pit in it to accomodate the lift so I don't need the ramps anymore. Works like a charm. One of these day's I'll have to look at a new one like yours as I have the room plus 10 foot ceilings now.

Take care and it looks great!

PIC
Old 11-10-2008, 08:17 AM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by PIC
Hey Chris
I still got my scissor lift you helped me with, thanks again. I just finished building a new 30x30 garage for my Z and put a shallow pit in it to accomodate the lift so I don't need the ramps anymore. Works like a charm. One of these day's I'll have to look at a new one like yours as I have the room plus 10 foot ceilings now.

Take care and it looks great!

PIC
Hey brother - glad things are working out w/ your scissor lift..

Do you have any pics of the pit? It's an elegant solution vs the 'wood ramps' approach

Old 11-10-2008, 09:26 AM
PIC
Advanced

Don't have any pic's as of yet. The guy's are out there right now hooking up the in floor heating. I just have the lift sitting in the pit and yes it looks like it's gonna be awesome.

That unit you got is the ultimate. Maybe I can talk the bro or the father into buying my lift and get one like your's? Sure hope the missus don't read that! I'm getting off lucky just having a new garage.

When I get some pic's I'll post em to ya. Should be within the next week or two.

Doug
Old 11-10-2008, 09:54 PM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by PIC
Don't have any pic's as of yet. The guy's are out there right now hooking up the in floor heating. I just have the lift sitting in the pit and yes it looks like it's gonna be awesome.

That unit you got is the ultimate. Maybe I can talk the bro or the father into buying my lift and get one like your's? Sure hope the missus don't read that! I'm getting off lucky just having a new garage.

When I get some pic's I'll post em to ya. Should be within the next week or two.

Doug
Assuming you poured concrete as part of your build, did you prep the lift 'depression' any differently than the rest of the floor? More depth and/or more re-bar?
Old 11-10-2008, 10:29 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice!!! So can I send my wife over for the winter tire drill??? Just kidding.

Randy
Old 11-11-2008, 07:34 AM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
Nice!!! So can I send my wife over for the winter tire drill??? Just kidding.

Randy
Send me a pic and I'll let you know
Old 11-12-2008, 09:21 AM
PIC
Advanced

Yes, The new pit is, was done thicker and rebar put in it and 4000 psi concrete. I sat it down 4.5 inches. It is basically level with the floor now. The pit also eliminates the lift from wanting to ''walk'' after a few usages. So far so good. In the future I can still get the four post with no problem.

PIC
Old 11-21-2012, 01:16 AM
2001 Red Coupe Bandit
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, It's Bandit, from garage Journals. I forgot we are Corvette Brothers! I am super close on the BendPak, ordering it tomorrow after I speak to BendPak.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:46 PM
ToppThat
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I only needed help for power side because its hooked on in raised position. My only screwup was steel long approach ramps,which have to come off to park underneath. Liftmaster3800pld got rid of my opener.Did not anchor lift
Old 11-21-2012, 07:51 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

if you're slope is more than normal, bolt it down.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:55 AM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,308 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

I am in the process of finally getting a lift, and after research and a lot of asking around, I am going with BendPak. That's a lot of money up in the air, coupled with what's underneath. Why be penny wise pound foolish. Anyway, has anyone dealt with BendPak for a lift- purchased, delivered, and installed in the Daytona/St. Augustine, FL area? Help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:10 AM
ToppThat
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by cor66vette
I am in the process of finally getting a lift, and after research and a lot of asking around, I am going with BendPak. That's a lot of money up in the air, coupled with what's underneath. Why be penny wise pound foolish. Anyway, has anyone dealt with BendPak for a lift- purchased, delivered, and installed in the Daytona/St. Augustine, FL area? Help is appreciated. Thanks.
I bought my hd9 from best buy automotive online,installed it myself,just insist on long approach ramps(aluminum if possible)otherwise standard ramps dont work with zo6.Only help i needed was lifting power side to attach. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: [Z06] BendPak HD-9 Four Post Lift Installed - Pics