Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Anyone use modular garage flooring?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 05:24 PM
REPZ06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use modular garage flooring?

I was looking into installing the modular square tiles for my garage floor. One of the companies is Race deck flooring that sells snap together tiles. They offer some nice designs in a lot different colors. Anyone use these and your thoughts on this product ? Thx
Old 11-16-2008, 06:01 PM
90sundevil
Melting Slicks

Received 745 Likes on 379 Posts

I have one of my garages with the Race Deck floor, I went with black and white checker board with a red border. Stay away from any light color because white sucks, I cannot get stains off of them. My main garage has epoxy and it is much easier and cleans much faster. When it gets hot the middle tiles will bow up from the heat. It is very easy to put together and cut to fit.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:23 PM
nzk
Burning Brakes

cant u just replace individual tiles for stains?

and dont hot tires melt the epoxy?
Old 11-16-2008, 07:30 PM
C6 ROLLER
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 90sundevil
My main garage has epoxy and it is much easier and cleans much faster. When it gets hot the middle tiles will bow up from the heat. It is very easy to put together and cut to fit.
I recently used the paint and sealer from Home Depot. I painted the floor black and added the speckles for looks and then sealed it. I waited 3 days (72 hours) before using it.... IT PEELED UP!!!
I'm thinking I should have used a 2nd coat of sealer.
Better yet, I should have used the EPOXY SET-UP that they had in a kit form already and NOT listened to the Home Depot guy there.

The bowing up in the middle that you have with the floor tiles is that because there was no space left around the edges. When you lay prego flooring I know you have to leave a small amount of space at the end of the pieces to allow for expanding. The small amount of space is hidden by the molding on the wall.

I have to REDO my floor and was thinking about the tile set-up this time around and not the epoxy/sealer set-up AGAIN. How do you like the tiling on your garage floor ???
Old 11-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Z07 Ed
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed the Costco version of a race deck tile two years ago and have had no problems. They only sell black and white. The white tiles clean up pretty good with a clorox type cleaner. If I was doing it again I would put a solid row of black tiles on the driving portion of the floor.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:59 PM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 132 Posts

I'm doing mine in porcelain ceramics -- black and white checker. Cost is a bit higher than the Racedeck floor, but it will last forever and looks great. I chose a rougher finish so it wouldn't be dangerous when wet.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I did Race Deck about 3 years ago and am very happy with it. I did pull up a section in the middle of my middle bay so my scissor lift didn't tear it up.

I've noticed that I only get bucking when it's really hot and I have a car parked in the garage because the floor can't shift but it's never bad or lasts for long.

I went with silver and blue with a yellow border because the dealer recommended not doing white because it would be hard to keep clean. The yellow border definitely shows dirt more than the bluee/silver.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:31 PM
REPZ06
Racer

Currently my garage floor has the Home Depot gray epoxy paint with the speckles. It looks good but I have noticed in some small areas peeling and its only a year. White and black checker board looks awesome. Maybe glued vinyl tiles in black and white would be better, a lot of car dealership floors are in the vinyl tiles. A commercial tile that can be waxed for a shine. I have a small garage and its only used to store my Z06. Thx for the replys. I hand painted the corvette flags on the wall.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:12 PM
MostWanted
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought mine from Sam's Club. It was half the price of race deck.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:25 PM
jbp8653
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Red and Silver Race Deck with Yellow trim about 4 years ago. Only problem I have is hard water deposits in grooves between tiles thats almost impossible to get out. Other than that, it's easily cleaned and looks great.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone use modular garage flooring?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Anyone use modular garage flooring?