Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Labor on interior conversion???

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 12:31 PM
carlsbad
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Labor on interior conversion???

im thinking about a DSVETTE interior when i get my Z, Does anybody know approx how many hours in labor it is to switch out the door panels, seat covers, center console lid, cender console base, radio bezel, guage cluster, shift boot, ****ch ****, E brake boot, E brake handle and steering wheel. i really need an idea how much money im going to need to have all this installed. Labor for removing OEM items and installing the aftermarket items. I NEED HELP!!!, thank you

Last edited by carlsbad; 01-14-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: .
Old 01-14-2009, 01:20 PM
TapOut
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carlsbad
im thinking about a DSVETTE interior when i get my Z, Does anybody know approx how many hours in labor it is to switch out the door panels, seat covers, center console lid, cender console base, radio bezel, guage cluster, shift boot, ****ch ****, E brake boot, E brake handle and steering wheel. i really need an idea how much money im going to need to have all this installed. Labor for removing OEM items and installing the aftermarket items. I NEED HELP!!!, thank you
Save money and do it yourself. Unless you're changing out the DASH, everything else is really simple. Plus DSV offers great color instructions on their website. I've changed out several pieces and they've all been super easy. All you have to do is read the instructions, go slow and it's a breeze!

Difficulty on a scale of 1-10 is probably 2/3 depending on which trim piece it is.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:01 PM
carlsbad
Pro

I know i would have a professional do the seat covers and the steering wheel, but really how complicated is it to change door panels
Old 01-14-2009, 04:36 PM
jdurhan
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 87 Likes on 37 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I did it all myself including adding power passenger seat and lumbar/bolster to both seats. I have the steering wheel and will be installing it this weekend. DS Vettes does such great work and a pleasure to deal with. Not really a bad mod, can be done over a weekend.

Last edited by jdurhan; 01-14-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:24 PM
mrm
Instructor

Originally Posted by carlsbad
With the exception of the gauge cluster, I did pretty close to the same upgrade (plus sill trim, knee bolster and glove box.) Did mine myself in one "long" weekend ... and although I am mechanically inclined, this is the first time I've ever done this sort of thing. If you've got the puller, the steering wheel swap is a piece of cake.

- Mark

Old 01-14-2009, 05:34 PM
RoHo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jdurham, what kind of material are you using on the drive shaft tunnel ?

Did you use the same material in the back?

Your interior is outstanding you need to show us some more pic's.

Get notified of new replies

To Labor on interior conversion???

Quick Reply: [Z06] Labor on interior conversion???