Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] - New Product ! - Enter destinations in NAV while driving with Navigation Commander !

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:14 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default - New Product ! - Enter destinations in NAV while driving with Navigation Commander !

Unlock your Corvette navigation systems full potential! Introducing the Sunset Orange Creations -- C6 Navigation Commander

Continuing with my Sunset Orange Creations >>Commander<< lineup of products I have developed this revolutionary new Corvette C6 Factory Navigation controller.

C6 Nav Commander allows address entry, searching points of interest, Nav setup changes, and access to stored destinations, all while on the move and it does not timeout and lock you out!

See the Video below to show how it refreshes and doesnt lock out.

Special thanks to Ray Kawal who was the first to show us how to remove the VSS signal to allow addresses to be input while moving.

The problem: The C6 factory Navigation System doesnt allow addresses to be input while moving.

When just removing the VSS signal with the original VSS wire mod, after about 30-40 seconds the NAV senses the movement using the GPS signals and locks you out again. You needed to keep cycling the switch open and closed to enable the mod again.

This timeout / lockout problem always drove me mad, so much so that I set out to design a computer controlled mod that will keep the timeout / lockout from happening. With no need to keep cycling a switch open and closed.

I now have created the solution!

The Solution:
Navigation Commander is a new product that I have created that allows address entry, to search points of interest, to make Nav setup changes, and to pick stored destinations in your factory Navigation system while moving. You get access to all screens and buttons available on the NAV.

No more locked out destination and address input screens while moving. It will not timeout and lock you out.

Nav Commander will give plenty of time to enter your destination or do a search while moving. When you activate the mod, it allows the addresses or destinations to be entered while moving.

When the C6 Navigation System senses the cars movement via GPS signal and tries to lock out the buttons, the Nav Commander steps in and automatically refreshes the NAV Unit so that it again allows the addresses to continue to be entered.

The Navigation Commander allows full access to all NAV screens and buttons while it is activated. When the Nav Commander refreshes the NAV head unit there will only be a few seconds that the buttons will be inaccessible. Then the buttons will automatically return so that data entry can resume. No data entry will be lost while refreshing.

Once the address is entered, you deactivate the Navigation Commander and the C6 NAV units returns to factory operation with the address input.

Dash DIC Trip button activation. $130 plus shipping.

With a press of the Trip button on the DIC you enable the NAV Commander and then can input navigation destinations or addresses while moving! No keyfobs needed and no additional switches needed. It is a super clean install and is easy to use.

The Nav Commander does not take away the normal operation of the TRIP button, Nav commander just adds a function to it.

So when you press the TRIP button quickly (less than a one second press) it cycles through the TRIP button functions as it normally does without activating the NAV Commander.

You have to hold down the TRIP button for one second and then release in order to activate the Nav Commander.

The Navigation Commander makes no permanent modifications to the car. You can remove the NAV Commander and return the car to stock with no trace it was ever there.

To Install the Navigation Commander you will need to remove the console and gain access to the back of the Navigation head unit to install the wiring harness to the NAV head unit connector. The Nav Commander main unit installs in the passenger footwell fuse panel area.

Get your NAV Commander and take full Command of your Corvette Navigation system!

Install instructions are available at www.sunsetorangecreations.com on the instructions page.

These units are now shipping. Place your order now to get one.

Order Here ---- > C6 Navigation Commander

Click Here -> Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. the revolutionary new bi-mode exhaust controller!
NPP Bi-mode exhaust vacuum retrofit kits -> Exhaust Commander All-in-1 bi-mode retrofit kit.
My Online Store -> See all my Bi-mode Exhaust Controller Products!

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 09-19-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:09 AM
Nukecop
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Do you guys have a phone number? that would be great if you did, i have emailed you but would love to TALK to a LIVE person.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:52 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Nukecop
Do you guys have a phone number? that would be great if you did, i have emailed you but would love to TALK to a LIVE person.
Email replied!

Talk to you soon.

Ben
Old 02-17-2009, 01:54 PM
barakmd
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nukecop
Same here, I have some questions and would like to speak to someone about this item. Also, has anyone installed one of these in their cars yet and if so, how do you like it and how difficult was the install?
Old 02-17-2009, 05:12 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by barakmd
Same here, I have some questions and would like to speak to someone about this item. Also, has anyone installed one of these in their cars yet and if so, how do you like it and how difficult was the install?
Left you a VM. Talk to you soon.

Ben
Old 02-17-2009, 05:17 PM
JT Metal
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I'm I crazy. I can do this now......06 Z06
Old 02-17-2009, 06:05 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by JT Metal
I'm I crazy. I can do this now......06 Z06
With the factory Corvette Navigation, when you go over 5 mph it locks out the ability to enter new addresses or to do any searches for points of interest.

You have to pull over and stop to regain the ability to enter the addresses.

With this product it allows you to enter addresses or search for addresses while moving.

Ben
Old 02-17-2009, 07:37 PM
65vetteC6
Pro

does it require any cutting of wires?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:31 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by 65vetteC6
does it require any cutting of wires?
No Cutting of wires. The install instructions are up @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com

It can be installed and removed without any permanent modifications to the car.

Ben

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 01-06-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:28 AM
dollarbill
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Ben.
Congrats on a great product. Now let's find a way to bypass the initial nanny screen acknowledgment on the nav screen at startup. Add that feature and call it the super commander.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:21 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by dollarbill
Ben.
Congrats on a great product. Now let's find a way to bypass the initial nanny screen acknowledgment on the nav screen at startup. Add that feature and call it the super commander.
I agree.....

Old 01-13-2011, 11:52 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Get yours today!

Old 01-14-2011, 12:27 AM
rsmith1944
Advanced

Default Nav system

While you are working to make the nav unit user friendly how about rigging a bumper camera that works on nav screen to help every one keep from noising the front spoiler & bumper mask into a curb and costing $$$$$ to fix. I have found the nav useless to me for 3 years and I would like a bumper cam for the screen.

Last edited by rsmith1944; 01-14-2011 at 12:29 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 01-21-2011, 03:15 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by rsmith1944
While you are working to make the nav unit user friendly how about rigging a bumper camera that works on nav screen to help every one keep from noising the front spoiler & bumper mask into a curb and costing $$$$$ to fix. I have found the nav useless to me for 3 years and I would like a bumper cam for the screen.
Very cool idea. Probably not something I will do, but I like it!

Old 01-24-2011, 01:21 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Unlock your navigation system's full potential!

Old 09-08-2012, 04:50 PM
sep1234
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sunset Orange Creations,

Your website shows this item as backordered. Are you still manufacturing this product?

Thanks,
Jamie
Old 09-09-2012, 07:55 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

This is not a usually stocked item.

If you place an order for one I will make it for you. Turn time is usually about 2 weeks.

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To - New Product ! - Enter destinations in NAV while driving with Navigation Commander !

Old 09-09-2012, 08:19 PM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Some might see this a cool mod but all I can see is someone's eyes off the road while driving and entering a destination. Am I missing something here?
Old 09-09-2012, 08:30 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by pokerpro
Some might see this a cool mod but all I can see is someone's eyes off the road while driving and entering a destination. Am I missing something here?
Most of the cars I own that have nav let you do address entry and searches while driving. GM cars however, do not.

To me its completely annoying to be driving down the freeway, and have to pull over on the side of the freeway (super dangerous) or take an exit to stop just to change destinations.

If you cannot drive and enter destinations, then don't do it. Have a passenger do it for you. Or pull over and and stop.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:38 PM
sep1234
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SunsetOrangeCreations
This is not a usually stocked item.

If you place an order for one I will make it for you. Turn time is usually about 2 weeks.

Thanks!

I see. Thanks for clarifying.

I will place my order today.

Jamie

Quick Reply: [Z06] - New Product ! - Enter destinations in NAV while driving with Navigation Commander !