Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] LG Man Knob Improved

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 02:08 PM
427-Z06
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LG Man **** Improved

I really liked the idea of the LG man **** - seemed like a great way to add the exhaust control switch in just the right location. In almost all of the pictures LG shows of the **** though it seems like they almost try to hide the fact that they put the LG logo on the ****, at least I found it easy to miss. I had a friend pick one up for me and when I got it I noticed the logo and was a little disappointed that they decided to place their marketing on an otherwise perfect product.

I wanted to remove the logo but was concerned about marring the metal. I noticed someone else posted about this a while back - and said the solution was to mask off the area and then polish the logo off with some sugar on some tape. Well I tried it today and i am very happy with the results. THe suger is enough of an abrasive to remove the logo but not enough to scratch the metal.

I looked for the thread but couldnt find it - either it was deleted or I just missed it somehow. But I thought some other guys might be interested to see the results and after a couple guys sent me IMs on what the logo looked like I thought I should take a before and after shot. Here you go:

The logo might be fine for some but I wanted something that looked a little more stock. I am pretty happy with the result.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:05 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Sugar on tape... that's pretty clever. Looks like it turned out great!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:05 PM
427-Z06
Pro

Default Yep

Originally Posted by DSteck
Sugar on tape... that's pretty clever. Looks like it turned out great!

Yeah - I thought the sugar on the tape was pretty slick too, Thanks for the comment it did turn out pretty well.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:47 PM
10WhiteGS
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bump for a really good solution. I wonder who thought of using sugar. The logo came off clean with no scratching or evidence it was ever there.

Thanks for posting.

Last edited by 10WhiteGS; 04-18-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:13 AM
986_C6
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

This forum continues to amaze me...who would have thought of sugar and tape?

And the results are near perfect!!!!
Old 04-18-2010, 02:24 AM
Carnac
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 70 Posts

Looks good and I agree that it looks better without the logo, but I wonder how long the gear shift pattern will remain if sugar on tape was all that it took to remove it. Is the shift pattern engraved or have some protection?
Old 04-18-2010, 02:36 AM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do we need to have a no-logo option?
Old 04-18-2010, 03:02 AM
Adam D
Instructor

The no logo option would be nice... I took mine off with sugar on tape. What i am most disappointed in is the fit to it. Mine rattles like crazy under any kind of acceleration. I have tried fixing it many different ways but to no avail. I am not the only one with this problem. Is it just a few of these or is it more common??
Old 04-18-2010, 03:51 AM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Mine doesnt rattle. Stock shifter 09Z. Is yours a stock shifter or aftermarket? what year?
Old 04-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Louis @ LG Motorsports
do we need to have a no-logo option?
Can the button be replaced with a momentary switch for say a line lock or 2-step?
Old 04-18-2010, 12:49 PM
LS24me
Racer

I've noticed mine rattles too, but I am not ready to completely blame the **** itself just yet. I did a complete Z06 exhaust swap on my non-Z car. I'm wondering if the vacuum lines in the trans tunnel is vibrating the shift linkage causing the rattling noise. One of these days I'm going to crawl under there and make sure the vacuum line is properly fastened. I used all factory Z vacuum lines all the way from the mufflers to the intake, btw. I love the ability to switch the exhaust
Old 04-18-2010, 01:11 PM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Drewstein
Can the button be replaced with a momentary switch for say a line lock or 2-step?
Yes, I believe so! Might take a little extra time, but it can be done.

Originally Posted by LS24me
I've noticed mine rattles too, but I am not ready to completely blame the **** itself just yet. I did a complete Z06 exhaust swap on my non-Z car. I'm wondering if the vacuum lines in the trans tunnel is vibrating the shift linkage causing the rattling noise. One of these days I'm going to crawl under there and make sure the vacuum line is properly fastened. I used all factory Z vacuum lines all the way from the mufflers to the intake, btw. I love the ability to switch the exhaust
If it rattles, and this goes for anyone here, let us know. We are more than happy to replace it if there is a legitimate issue with the product. Most Vette shifters have the dreaded rattle, and its not the ****. Having said that, we want happy customers. Replacing a faulty **** isnt an issue, but rest assured, we will try to solve the problem prior to sending out a new ****
Old 04-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Adam D
Instructor

I am completely stock. Just the man ****. I love the product, just wish it would not rattle. If I can get it replaced that would be great. Would I have to do a complete install again? Or is there an quick swap possible?

Adam

QUOTE=Louis @ LG Motorsports;1573795329]Mine doesnt rattle. Stock shifter 09Z. Is yours a stock shifter or aftermarket? what year?[/QUOTE]
Old 04-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Sweet!

Get notified of new replies

To LG Man Knob Improved

Quick Reply: [Z06] LG Man Knob Improved