Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Attention JerseyZ:---C6 Z06, vs. Porsche 911 Cabriolet vs. Grand Sport Vert

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 03:24 AM
duffy'sblackc6
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Attention JerseyZ:---C6 Z06, vs. Porsche 911 Cabriolet vs. Grand Sport Vert

Comparison of vehicles--check out a Corvette Grand Sport Vert and maybe mod it!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyz
i'll tell you what's insane. maybe in texas they look at things a little differently,but calling a 911 carrera a downgrade is a little odd even for this forum. i love vettes,i've had 13 ut that doesn't blind me to the fact that there are other exciting cars out there and i'd certainly consider porsche. i've traded a vette for a viper, and another one for an aston marten. they were also great cars( except for the viper hated it) but i always come back to vettes.as i probably will this time not to call a 911 a downgrade is just stupid sure it's only got 397 horsepower compared to 505 but where on earth am i going to use the extra 108 hp driving to work or the beach?

Good Morning, again, JerseyZ,

I've owned previously a C-6 convertible, a Porsche 911 Turbo, and a Ferrari 430. I'm currently driving (mostly as a DD) a 2009 black Z06 modified to 500 rwhp with bolt ons, and with Pfadt coil overs, polyurethane bushing suspension mods, sound deadening and heat insulation additons.

From a cost effective /bang-for-the-buck / view point...... the Corvette C-6 Z06 wins big time relative to both the Porsche 911 TT and the Ferrari 430 in performacnce and value. However, interior materials quality is better in both the Porsche and Ferrrai, relative to the Z06.... but at a significant $$ difference (!). ...And of course there are the snob appeal /Prestige factors of Porsche / Ferrari ownership, which appeal to the country club set and high end women (!!)compared to the Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 or C6 Vert. Is this your real reason for contemplating a switch from Chevrolet to Porsche!?!! LOL..

However, my previous '07 C-6 converible (F-55 , A6, Nav chrome and Black / tan top / tan interior), was a great car, with similar bolt on engine mods and sound deadening / heat damping mods.

Hard to beat in value, except maybe by a new 2010 Grand Sport Vert, with similar mods!!

Bottom Line. If I were you, I would research a loaded 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible versus the Porsche Carrera 911 Cabriolet choice. Please drive both before committing and maybe some other guys who have owned both Porshe Cabriolets and loaded C-6 Verts (especially the new Grand Sport iteration) can chime in.

Regards,

Duffy

Last edited by duffy'sblackc6; 12-19-2009 at 03:28 AM. Reason: typos

Quick Reply: [Z06] Attention JerseyZ:---C6 Z06, vs. Porsche 911 Cabriolet vs. Grand Sport Vert