Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] St. Pete Grand Prix - SCCA World Challenge - Corvette Content

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 09:23 PM
intheboost
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default St. Pete Grand Prix - SCCA World Challenge - Corvette Content

We spent the weekend out in St. Petersburg, FL for the St. Pete Grand Prix. Here are some pics and video from the SCCA World Challenge event.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77_Emo1UhaM

The 'Vettes sounded the best out of all the cars in the World Challenge!

And a gratuitous ZR1 shot:

Last edited by intheboost; 03-31-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Frenchican
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear Ron Fellows is racing a Corvette in the World Challenge Series.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:44 PM
BluZbrutha
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was a little dissapointed with our boys and even the Vipers. I thought we would of put up a better fight. Those freaken VOLVOS handed a butt whoopin to them all. The GTR was pretty impressive. When I looked at them I forgot they where AWD. They where sitting so high as compared to the others. They definelty shined through turns 1,4,5,6,7,8,9 but where quickly reeled in on the straights.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:16 PM
clevay
Instructor

Another dissapointing Road Race day for the Vettes. More like a dissapointing month in Florida when you count the Rolex 24-hours at Daytona, 12-hours of Sebring, and this past weekend's IRL World Challenge. I was at 2 of these events, and watched the debacle at Sebring on TV. I know there will be better days ahead, but this is ridiculous.

BluZbrutha could not have called this past weekends results any better. The Yellow Vette did show some fight during the middle of the World Challenge race climbing to 4th after starting around 7th or 8th. Looks like he ran out of tires on the last few laps and got passed by a Porsche GT3. I am sure the Volvo's will be slowed down after this initial race. Where in the World did they come from?? They absolutely dominated the field.

A few Porsche owners must have felt proud of themselves after the race, and tried my C6Z while leaving the race. Stuttgart went down hard, and a reality check was administered to both Porsche owners (GT3 and Carrera Turbo)
Old 03-30-2010, 04:15 PM
BluZbrutha
Instructor

A little more on the Volvo's that ripped up the track. I think we all know of this guy....> Andy Pilgrim! He was one of the drivers of the Volvos. He came in 2nd after his teammate.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/29/w...-petersburg-s/

"Qualifying for St. Petersburg ended with K-Pax Racing's Randy Pobst on pole in his Volvo S60. Crescentini put his Centric Parts/Stoptech/GMG 911 GT3 in second, just ahead of Sofronas. Andy Pilgrim (K-Pax Racing Volvo S60) was fourth with Jason Daskalos (Viper), Kuno Wittmer (Dodge Motorsports Viper), Tony Rivera in the brand-new Nissan/Brass Monkey Racing GT-R, Patrick Lindsey (Horton/Sloan Securities 911 GT3), rookie Steve Ott (Nissan/Brass Monkey Racing GT-R), and Brian Kubinski in the Carlisle Companies Chevrolet Corvette rounding out the top ten.
."

Volvo S-60 All Wheel Drive...

clevay <<<< You know better than beating up on those guys and bringing them down to reality! I'm sure they where scratching their heads after that wake up call and convinced themselves you where not a stock Z!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:25 PM
0Adam at RSI
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great Pics.

Looks like LOTS of fun!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:42 PM
intheboost
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Adam at RSI
Great Pics.

Looks like LOTS of fun!
Yup, it was a blast! Would have liked to see the 'Vette's place a little better though.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:12 PM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Are they going to televise this event it was rained out when it aired this year.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:17 PM
intheboost
Burning Brakes

The Acura Sports Car Challenge of St. Petersburg will air on Versus HD on Saturday, April 18 at 2 p.m. EDT.

http://www.world-challenge.com/news/...php?story=1577
Old 03-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by intheboost
The Acura Sports Car Challenge of St. Petersburg will air on Versus HD on Saturday, April 18 at 2 p.m. EDT.

http://www.world-challenge.com/news/...php?story=1577
Thanks for the heads up, I guess I'll have to right of anything else, as a matter of fact I saw the Indy car race rained out not the american Lemans race, may be they have aired the ALS yet I'll check speeds site.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:59 AM
VGLNTE1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I was at Sebring..............dont remind me

Get notified of new replies

To St. Pete Grand Prix - SCCA World Challenge - Corvette Content

Quick Reply: [Z06] St. Pete Grand Prix - SCCA World Challenge - Corvette Content