Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Engine Drag Control System prob?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 04:08 PM
jmzo6
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Engine Drag Control System prob?

I've read all the previous threads about this and know it usually occurs with change in tire sizes, but that is not my case. My stock 08 Z06 was fine for 17 months and over 8K miles and never threw that message until last month. It started a few times during letting up after moderate accel to 4th or 5th gear but certainly not in any condition to cause sensation of wheel slippage, and never did this in the past in identical conditions. Few days later the check engine icon came on and off to dealer for software update (catalyst), which took care of CEL, but Engine Drag control message came on more freq and in mildly driven situations. Went to dealer and they said all normal, no codes, nothing to fix. Next day after few Engine drag messages like recently, chimes come on and ABS warning icon comes on and messages of Service AH, Service ABS, Service Traction System. After car was parked for 1-2hrs and restarted, no messages or icons and driven 10 miles, no probs. Any thoughts on what to tell the dealer to do, really? I think I've got a glitch/defect in the ECM? Going to dealer tomorrow again.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:37 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

None of that stuff is normal, except possibly Engine Drag . Some of it could be serious. When you take it to the dealer, have them write up, document, your complaints of all the warnings.
If something happens later, you've got them.

Best of luck, 2k

Quick Reply: [Z06] Engine Drag Control System prob?