Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] OMG...Come On Maaaannn...More Dealership Woes...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:03 AM
sqvvcd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just reading this thread makes my blood boiled all over again. This happened to me back in 2001. And I will give credit where it's due (good or bad), CHAPMAN CHEV. IN TEMPE AZ!!!!!!!!!!

And the most they can do.... "How about we give you a free oil change on your next visit".....WTF!!!!!

Even if you get it fix 100% to your satisfaction. At the end of the day, your car was still molested, by a Chevy AUTHORIZED DEALER nontheless.

Last edited by sqvvcd; 06-16-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Greenstealth
Burning Brakes

That rocker panel looks awful, the caliper doesn't really look that bad. My calipers need to be touched up a little, maybe you can spare some touch up for me seeing you shouldn't need much.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:51 AM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 149 Likes on 88 Posts

Why in Hell are some of you people blaming GM for this?? This a dealer problem exclusively.

I can understand letting them know there dealer sucks,but to say GM should "compensate" the OP is laughable.

I saw where the dealer is denying any wrong doing.....UNBELIEVABLE.

Last edited by redzone; 06-16-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:16 PM
jeremyjay46
Racer

Originally Posted by redzone
Why in Hell are some of you people blaming GM for this?? This a dealer problem exclusively.

I can understand letting them know there dealer sucks,but to say GM should "compensate" the OP is laughable.

I saw where the dealer is denying any wrong doing.....UNBELIEVABLE.
I think what bothers others as well as myself is that GM hides behind "our dealers are privately owned, we have no say over them". That is a joke... if GM was more involved, and the dealers had some fear of repercussions for poor service, they might be more careful. GM recently closed how many dealerships? No matter how great the dealership was, how much it helped the community, how long it had been in business, GM just sends out a letter saying "Sorry, you're done." Yet, they can't get involved when a service tech causes severe damage to a car? BS.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Elganja
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kaldar
I work as a corvette tech apprentice at a chevy dealer. the corvette master tech and myself are the only two allowed to work on corvettes, and mistakes like that rarely happen with us as we take EXTREME care of our customers cars whether it be a Z06, a base corvette or a dogged out piece of ****.

If i make a mistake, which sometimes does happen (who doesn't make mistakes in the automobile business) i tell the service advisor and we go from there.

We also have low profile lifts for the corvettes and use hockey pucks to sandwich between the frame and the lift arm.

It really irritates me that these kind of things happen. I wouldn't take my corvette to any dealer where there isn't a specific corvette tech, one who actually 'knows' a thing or two about them is important too.

I would definitely demand new a caliper as that is unacceptable.
do you mind if I ask where you work? It's good to know dealerships close by... i don't mind driving an extra 30min to head to maryland
Old 06-16-2010, 02:10 PM
gpuglisi
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jeremyjay46
I think what bothers others as well as myself is that GM hides behind "our dealers are privately owned, we have no say over them". That is a joke... if GM was more involved, and the dealers had some fear of repercussions for poor service, they might be more careful. GM recently closed how many dealerships? No matter how great the dealership was, how much it helped the community, how long it had been in business, GM just sends out a letter saying "Sorry, you're done." Yet, they can't get involved when a service tech causes severe damage to a car? BS.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:37 PM
longdaddy
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

warranty is a contract between you and GM, not between you and the dealer (unless you bought extended/aftermarket warranty which complicates things). If GM cannot put processes in place that ensure that a party executing warranty work (i.e. dealer) does it competently, they do have a liability to address that.

GM also has a lot more tools to lean on the dealer to make things right than you do.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Skullbussa
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 76 Posts

I am continually amazed at how defensive people can get on this forum when GM is called on to crack the whip with these awful dealership stories.

General Motors needs to hold these dealerships responsible. If I were the OP I would be prepared to file suit in small claims court.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:50 PM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

2 days since I brought it in and no word.

I will call in the morning. Either they are fixing it, or just have it parked...I am giving them just enough rope to hang themselves if it is the later.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:38 PM
jeremyjay46
Racer

Dude, all the sympathy in the world. To finally own a car like this excites me every time I see it, drive it, or get on this forum. I'd be devastated if a dealer caused that kind of damage. It's bad enough having the engine replaced, and that's if they do a good job. We're all pulling for you man... best of luck.

By the way, have you contacted that GM rep that has been on the forum for a few months now?
Old 06-17-2010, 12:13 AM
Kaldar
Instructor

Originally Posted by Elganja
do you mind if I ask where you work? It's good to know dealerships close by... i don't mind driving an extra 30min to head to maryland
Not at all, i work at sport chevrolet
Old 06-17-2010, 12:24 AM
03 Z-oh-6
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow!!! Sorry to mention, but now that you need bodywork, it will never be factory same!! I really feel for you.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:55 AM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

I appreciate all the well wishes. I must explain that the pictures makes the rocker look worse than it is. I am pretty sure they are going to fix that. The problem will be the Calipers. I have not heard back, but have the feeling THIS is where I will have to get GM involved. Getting the calipers replaced will fix that problem. Even though it is frustrating, neither of these will ruin the car or value....just getting the dealership to do the RIGHT thing is the challenge....that and waiting X number of days in addition to 29 days in the shop to replace the lifters and camshaft.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:10 PM
69dodgecharger
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

29 days for lifters and a cam........ that is BS. I'd be pissed. Its an 8 hour job

Best of luck to you
Old 06-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Good luck. I'm still dealing with roof recall issues. The dealer screwed so much stuff up when they had the car in that I am still finding stuff wrong. My girlfriend put the passenger side visor down last night and it feel out onto the floor. They broke the clips on it and you can see where they tried to superglue it back together. I went over to the dealership and handed the manager the broken visor and told him to order a new one. It should be here in a week.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:18 PM
69dodgecharger
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Unreal
Good luck. I'm still dealing with roof recall issues. The dealer screwed so much stuff up when they had the car in that I am still finding stuff wrong. My girlfriend put the passenger side visor down last night and it feel out onto the floor. They broke the clips on it and you can see where they tried to superglue it back together. I went over to the dealership and handed the manager the broken visor and told him to order a new one. It should be here in a week.
Its amazing what these places will do to try and cover their ***. I used to work for toyota and on several occasions I saw techs make mistakes, they would usually own up to it but the advisor or the manager would either tell them to try and fix it / hide it, or take the part from a new car off the lot and hope nobody notices
Old 06-18-2010, 05:47 PM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

op, I have heard in the past that people with issues like yours taking 30+ days, were able to have GM cover that month's car payment (assuming you financed the car). It is something you need to look into as well...
Have you called GM? have you opened a case with them? I think it's time for you to deal directly with GM and have GM deal with the dealer at this point...

Get notified of new replies

To OMG...Come On Maaaannn...More Dealership Woes...

Old 06-18-2010, 06:41 PM
04Z16
Melting Slicks

CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

I had an 07 that the dealership customized for me. Three trips back to the dealer to get the exhaust fixed which they stripped 4 bolts on the drivers side, 3 on the passenger side and then put muffler putty on the flanges in an attempt to keep them from leaking. They also:
- Ripped the right rear CV joint and flung grease all over the wheel well.
- Damaged the rear pipes going to the mufflers.
- Scratched the center console and ash tray cover.
- Connected the air bags on the side bolsters wrong.
- Did not connect the harnesses under the hood tightly, three check engine lights.
And the granddaddy of them all!!
THEY LOWERED A CAR LIFT ON THE DRIVERS DOOR AND CRACKED THE UPPER DOOR!!!
5 months of hell trying to get the car corrected. Seeing as the damage was dealer induced it did not fall under the Lemon Law. I traded the car in on the 08 which went back on a lemon law.

Good luck having the Chevy dealership correct their problems. I would ask for the area representative to meet you at the dealership to discuss the problems with the car. I actually took my car to a different dealer and had everything documented then contacted the area service manager and had him come to the dealer. It did give me a little smile watching the service manager from the other dealer get his rear reamed in the service bay by the area manager!!
Old 06-18-2010, 11:36 PM
Luweegy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
They broke my visor,Rear view mirror fell of and A piller fell in my lap. We took the parts off car on the showroom floor.I've gota go back nd get another roof cause this 1 is coming off.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:37 AM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

If they won't fix those calipers, GM makes good color-matching paint to cover most of those marks up. Good luck.

Quick Reply: [Z06] OMG...Come On Maaaannn...More Dealership Woes...