Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Had the Akrapovic exhaust installed last evening--WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 02:08 PM
PeterM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Had the Akrapovic exhaust installed last evening--WOW!

After a rapid delivery from Southern Auto, I was more than eager to get the system installed. My friend, Keith from Quality Motors offered to help get the job done last evening.

The final results proved quite remarkable; killer sound with a notable power gain. Acceleration is more responsive right from the get go, and you can feel a nice power boost once you hit the 3k mark.

The only caveat is to make sure that you have two extra band clamps when doing the installation; the clamps on the stock pipes are spot welded and need to be grinded off.

Here are some pictures I'd snapped:

Installing the stock actuator:

New X-Pipe in relation to the stock H-Pipe assembly.

I want to thank Keith publicly for a methodically clean install, and I highly recommend him to anyone in the area who's looking to get this installation done.

Last edited by PeterM; 11-06-2010 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Add photo
Old 11-05-2010, 02:33 PM
hedgehead
Race Director

Location: I'm not doing as well as I expected, but I never expected I would
Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

Old 11-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Blue02Z06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man i knew those tips were big but seeing him in the photo for reference makes those things look HUGE. Congrats and enjoy the new power and awesome sound!!

Dave
Old 11-06-2010, 12:36 AM
PeterM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Blue02Z06
man i knew those tips were big but seeing him in the photo for reference makes those things look HUGE. Congrats and enjoy the new power and awesome sound!!

Dave
Yes, I've thought the same thing and actually ordered a set of smaller tips. But, oddly enough, everyone who sees these tips seems to love them, including my wife, who is pretty conservative with such things. And she brought out another good point: the large tips seem to match the powerful sound that this system makes. The tips are now really beginning to grow on me.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:13 AM
TRR
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats, I have a set coming next week with the carbon fiber tips and can't wait.

TRR
Old 11-06-2010, 10:07 AM
PeterM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TRR
Congrats, I have a set coming next week with the carbon fiber tips and can't wait.

TRR

I saw the C F tips in person, and they do look great. Wow, you're in for one heck of a pleasant surprise!
Old 11-06-2010, 11:01 AM
jasonn5
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default tips

Peter M... Where did you get the new tips?? I also have the new system and those huge (4 1/2) tips have yet to grow on me, so to speak.. I would like to get 4 inch or 3 1/2 inch tips.. Thanks.. MIke
Old 11-06-2010, 11:22 AM
TRR
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonn5
Peter M... Where did you get the new tips?? I also have the new system and those huge (4 1/2) tips have yet to grow on me, so to speak.. I would like to get 4 inch or 3 1/2 inch tips.. Thanks.. MIke
I don't have mine yet, but those tips do look a little big. I'm hoping the carbon fiber ones look a little smaller.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:15 PM
jasonn5
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Tips

Got an email from Akrapovic and they are making smaller tips that should be available end of year. They took some to Sema and they will send pics to me after the 9th.. Mike
Old 11-07-2010, 09:51 AM
PeterM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jasonn5
Found a nice set on Ebay. You can also get them from companies such as Borla, etc.

Get notified of new replies

To Had the Akrapovic exhaust installed last evening--WOW!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Had the Akrapovic exhaust installed last evening--WOW!