Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] LS9 Power & Torque Curves & Data

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 06:58 PM
GarryZR1
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 49 Posts

Default LS9 Power & Torque Curves & Data

After a lot of searching and data averaging I was able to plot out the Hp & Torque curves you see below. I hope this helps answer some of you that were interested in this information.

You will notice the torque in blue. Also there is over 500 ft- lbf from 2200 to 6600 erpm. That is a very broad range and the shape of the curve is pretty flat which is why the ZR1 starts out so strong and pulls for ever.

Also on the graph are vertical black lines the represent the erpm (Engine speed) that you will be shifting from the lower gear to the higher gear. For example the 1-2 shift if you shift out of first at 6600 erpm, you will then be at 4,640 erpm when you engage 2nd gear, and so forth.

If you have any questions just let me know.

I will be doing a comparison of the LS9 - LS7 - LS3 next so we all can see the differences.

Remember torque is key to acceleration and produces the thrust force the tires transmit to the pavement. Power is the work per unit time and what ultimately determines the maximum speed (Terminal velocity) of the vehicle. As always the more the better and you can never have too much of either.

Last edited by GarryZR1; 11-13-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:19 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Garry Luterek
After a lot of searching and data averaging I was able to plot out the Hp & Torque curves you see below. I hope this helps answer some of you that were interested in this information.

You will notice the torque in blue. Also there is over 500 ft- lbf from 2200 to 6600 erpm. That is a very broad range and the shape of the curve is pretty flat which is why the ZR1 starts out so strong and pulls for ever.

Also on the graph are vertical black lines the represent the erpm (Engine speed) that you will be shifting from the lower gear to the higher gear. For example the 1-2 shift if you shift out of first at 6600 erpm, you will then be at 4,640 erpm when you engage 2nd gear, and so forth.

If you have any questions just let me know.

I will be doing a comparison of the LS9 - LS7 - LS3 next so we all can see the differences.

Remember torque is key to acceleration and produces the thrust force the tires transmit to the pavement. Power is the work per unit time and what ultimately determines the maximum speed (Terminal velocity) of the vehicle. As always the more the better and you can never have too much of either.
Be nice to see the info in RWHP since thats what we all see and go by.
Here on the forum!
Old 11-13-2010, 08:04 PM
MachAll 2005
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great job .... keep it up!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:40 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,105 Likes on 718 Posts

Old 11-14-2010, 09:43 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,105 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by Garry Luterek
...........Remember torque is key to acceleration and produces the thrust force the tires transmit to the pavement. Power is the work per unit time and what ultimately determines the maximum speed (Terminal velocity) of the vehicle.................
Stated like an engineer would as well!!

Get notified of new replies

To LS9 Power & Torque Curves & Data

Quick Reply: [ZR1] LS9 Power & Torque Curves & Data