Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] C6 Z for drift

Old 11-16-2010, 04:47 AM
diehard225
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Z for drift

Hi at all!
I start to drift from 2 years ago…
I took classes and I went almost regularly to drift.
Usually I use a m3 e46 specifically modified for drifting, the last time I went I took a special class with Kuma Tanaka,that if I don’t remember bad was the world champion in drifting.
We were speaking about cars and asked me about my C6 Z, he told me that for him is a good car for drift and he already saw some corvette C6 to drift.
I know that corvette is not the best car for drift,but is my car and I love her and want to use even for this…obviously changing the stock tires with cheap est one ;-)

Now I’ve modified my car with:
-rollbar from pfadt
-pfadt coilovers and swaybars
-recaro seats with 6 points belts
-special bushings from pfadt
-callaway ****er
-vararam and ecu

Now start my problem.
Actually me and the guy that done all the works on my car, we were wandering on how to be able to keep the car streetable and modify the handbrake in a way that should be used for drifting.
Any of you did a modification at the handbrake?

Thanks;-)
Old 11-16-2010, 06:40 AM
EdsC6Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'08-'10

Old 11-16-2010, 06:57 AM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,043 Likes on 1,300 Posts

I think that stock clutch has got to go, if you're gonna be popping it at high rpms with some heat in it...a lighter aftermarket one would help you break the tires loose too
Old 11-16-2010, 07:39 AM
EmilT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please tell us what wheel/ tire sizes are used to make the Z06 drift.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:59 AM
GMuffley
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ugh!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Wah
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the hand brake is too weak but I may be wrong. I would just probably install hydraulic hand brake. Also, make sure that TC/AH is turned off, in addition to ABS if you are using hand brake. The AH electronics don't like being drifted (the same case with C5) and it will give you an error message; it will stay off regardless of the message.

Beside that, make sure that your front tires are not too grippy or too wide (there isn't much room under the front fenders). If you are going to use C6 wheels in the back, make sure you got adapters, 1.25" is absolute minimum. You can also use C5 Z06 wheels w/o adapters. Regular C5/C6 wheels will require adapters to clear calipers, plus adapters make them look a bit better under such large fenders

Post videos when you got them
Old 11-16-2010, 10:48 AM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by EmilT
Please tell us what wheel/ tire sizes are used to make the Z06 drift.
Stock. You can drift on the stock 325s. It's just going to get expensive.

Originally Posted by Wah
I think the hand brake is too weak but I may be wrong. I would just probably install hydraulic hand brake. Also, make sure that TC/AH is turned off, in addition to ABS if you are using hand brake. The AH electronics don't like being drifted (the same case with C5) and it will give you an error message; it will stay off regardless of the message.

Beside that, make sure that your front tires are not too grippy or too wide (there isn't much room under the front fenders). If you are going to use C6 wheels in the back, make sure you got adapters, 1.25" is absolute minimum. You can also use C5 Z06 wheels w/o adapters. Regular C5/C6 wheels will require adapters to clear calipers, plus adapters make them look a bit better under such large fenders

Post videos when you got them
Why the hell would you go with narrower wheels? If you notice, pro drifters actually like faster cars with more traction because it allows them to enter corners faster, which leads to long, lurid drifts *** out action that everyone loves.

Honestly, a stock Z06 can be drifted with no problem.

Skip to 2:00 in the second video.

If you find yourself in need of hand brake help, you're going to have to install a second brake on your own.

Last edited by 4GS7; 11-16-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

If I don't think bad I thinking is silly idea but wishing good luck with wandering.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72
Stock. You can drift on the stock 325s. It's just going to get expensive.

Why the hell would you go with narrower wheels? If you notice, pro drifters actually like faster cars with more traction because it allows them to enter corners faster, which leads to long, lurid drifts *** out action that everyone loves.

Honestly, a stock Z06 can be drifted with no problem.

If you find yourself in need of hand brake help, you're going to have to install a second brake on your own.
drifting like that 4 or 5 times would waste a set of run flats.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Z for drift

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] C6 Z for drift