Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Horrible servce - shout it out - with names

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 09:49 AM
blkvette1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrible Dealer Experience? Shout it out - with names

I, for one, think we should be "shouting out" the names of the dealers that have provided totally inadequate/irresponsible service.

I'll start.

In January, 2006 I bought my 1st Corvette (3LT Vert) from Sunrise Chevrolet, Glendale Heights, IL.

My first experience was taking it in for warrantee work - the "hard boot" for the convertible top was drastically out of alignment. They told me they were going to put the entire car in their body shop "oven" to fix it. When I returned to pick up the car, the trunk was loaded with tools (they did not know how to get the top down - and admitted it) and they had put 12 miles on the car. No one would except responsibility and I did not even get a free oil change.

My second experience was going there to have a flat fixed. After they had lifted the car (and cracked the rocker panel) they discovered that they did not have the equipment to fix the tire. They offered to fix the crack in the rocker panel.

My 3rd (and final) experience was taking it back to have the rocker panel fixed. After they had it for 2 days, they called me and said their body shop did not have a lift that would work on a C6. I picked the car up and will never go back.

That was it - those jack-asses have been forever since out of my life. I bought a new Z06 last year from Bill Stasek Chevrolet, Wheeling IL. The service has been top notch ever since.

One way of telling that a dealer has no Vette experience is if they only have 1 for sale and it is on
the showroom floor (probably an '09 carry over) - run, don't walk, away from that guy. I think Bill Stasek had 60 of them when I bought mine - a half dozen ZR1's ! Do you think he might have someone around that knows something about a Corvettes? Absolutely. PLUS, Bill goes to work everyday - right in that dealership. A stand up guy.

Shout out bad experiences (Dealers) - and good ones - to the members. If they will let us.

Last edited by blkvette1; 12-31-2010 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-31-2010, 12:40 PM
lonewolf455
Instructor

How about dalessio chevy in booton nj keep away. Fix my roof on 06 z06
then they buff the paint off the edges then told it wasnt like that when it left there body shop to the dealer ,then they left my car with 3000 miles on outside in the rain for two weeks under my hood look like the car had 50.000 mile on it all old looking from the rain. All this becuase kerbeck would not repair it cause the car was not bought from them [bought other vettes from kerbeck before no more !
Old 12-31-2010, 12:44 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Santa Monica Chevy is very suspect in their dealings. It's a shame because they are so close to me.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Greenvetter
Racer

Royal Chevrolet in Bridgewater, NJ.

Horrible. 3 trips and one set of front tires in 5000 miles for an alignment problem. After the third trip they said the frame was bent and I should take it to a body shop.
Took it to Phoenix Performance in Palm PA. Twenty minutes later the alignment problem was repaired. Toe was out so far it could would not register on their machine.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:14 PM
blkvette1
Pro

Keep them coming - too bad the moderators wouldn't make this a sticky for anyone considering buying from a Dealer.

Let's use this forum for a very worthwhile service - full disclosure of "unethical" Corvette Dealers. Let them work to get their name off the list - it will take years and that is how it should be!

Please, if you know of a "great Dealer", get the word out on that as well.

This is much more effective than filling out GM's goofy survey.

Last edited by blkvette1; 12-31-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:25 PM
BartManStl
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the GOOD column, I had a very good experience at Lou Fusz Chevrolet in the St Louis area. Dealt very fairly on the car and never the "hard sell" type of attitude you see some places.

They also gave me my first oil change for free, and though I was reluctant to let the dealer do it given some of the horror stories, when I took the car in, I asked if I could go in the Service Bay when they were raising the vehicle. They said they normally don't, but made "an exception". I talked with the guy doing the service and he talked a lot about his experience servicing the Z06's, so I was also very pleased with my service visit as well.

PM if you are considering going there, and I would be happy to share more.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:28 PM
BartManStl
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would add that I think hearing about good experiences is better than bad. A bad experience has better odds of being an anomaly than a good one. Someone might have an axe to grind, or one employee having a bad day at the dealership tainting the entire visit. To have a truly good experience, many pieces need to fall into place.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:18 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by blkvette1
Keep them coming - too bad the moderators wouldn't make this a sticky for anyone considering buying from a Dealer.

Let's use this forum for a very worthwhile service - full disclosure of "unethical" Corvette Dealers. Let them work to get their name off the list - it will take years and that is how it should be!

Please, if you know of a "great Dealer", get the word out on that as well.

This is much more effective than filling out GM's goofy survey.
Nesinger Chevrolet in Medford NY. Top notch Corvette service. Dave their Corvette guy is EXCELLENT. Their service writer John C is very knowledgeable .

Clif
Old 12-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Snake.Oiler
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13,'14,'15,'16,'18,'19-'20,'22,'24

this should be in General Discussion forum
Old 12-31-2010, 03:31 PM
blkvette1
Pro

I am the OP and my "3" experiences at the same dealer was no anomaly. I gave them 3 opportunities to prove to me they would be knowledgeable and fair - they failed each and every time. My 6 visits to Bill Stasek, Wheelng, IL was no anomaly either - they have my full confidence.

I agree, do not grind an axe here; however, if you have found a "true" idiot, expose him so that other members can be "warned". I found a "true" idiot and they proved it 3 times in a row. After that, I felt like the idiot - NEVER again.

Last edited by blkvette1; 12-31-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:23 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

For my NE brothers and sisters Diamond Chevy of Worchester Ma. Sales and service. Incompetent.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:16 PM
Z06Gates
Instructor

Gary Encks in Cooperstown NY was excellent. Great service and they would do just about anything they could to make you happy. They lost their dealership when things got bad for GM. Maybe they weren't so good to everyone (they did loose their dealership) but they were good to me. So far, I haven't found one in Central New York that I would trust to work on my car. Any suggestions. I had to take my car to Carbone Cheverolet in Utica New York to have the roof repaired. They were not that good. Supposedly, they clayed my car and it left scratches on my rear deck/quarters. I noticed them right away and they said the scratches were there when I brought the car in. I know they weren't there and then there was overspray all over the rest of the car. I wouldn't take my car there again.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:06 PM
Dreamin
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
Santa Monica Chevy is very suspect in their dealings. It's a shame because they are so close to me.
+1
Old 12-31-2010, 10:40 PM
54greg
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Warning Warning Warning

Sighn Chevrolet in Riverside Ca. To many awful experiences to begin to list. Just stay away. Really bad sales, service and did I say service.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:04 AM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

I have not had any "bad" expierences yet with the Z. On the other hand..Eddie Wallace at Henna Chevrolet in Austin Texas is the absolute best manager in the business and also may be one of the most knowledgable car people I know.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:46 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

7 years of great service at Paradise Chevrolet in Ventura California.

Ask for Jaime

DH
Old 01-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

I think the moral of the story here is that you NEVER take your Corvette to anyone and just hope for the best. Insist on strong recommendations from other Corvette owners.

And this isn't just Corvettes. Before buying any car that is going to need "special" service, have your service plan worked out before you even go car shopping.

Get notified of new replies

To Horrible servce - shout it out - with names

Old 01-01-2011, 08:47 AM
LT5 John
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gannet
I think the moral of the story here is that you NEVER take your Corvette to anyone and just hope for the best. Insist on strong recommendations from other Corvette owners.

And this isn't just Corvettes. Before buying any car that is going to need "special" service, have your service plan worked out before you even go car shopping.
Great advise...
Old 01-01-2011, 10:19 AM
titletaker
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I found Bill Stacek to be horrible to deal with for a new vette purchase. To make a long story short, I was looking for a new Z06 in 08 and the sales guy said cars were kept in a warehouse down the street. Go to look at the car and it had more surface scratches on the car then a car that's bee on a used car lot for two years. He down plays it and then tries to change the price we agreed upon for my trade. I took my car to Ogden Chevy and they gave me a better deal and their car was flawless, as a new car should be. I've heard some questionable things about them too, but I found the transaction to be real smooth.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:14 AM
jeffreystar
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 9 Posts

Great Service: Patrick @ Champion Chevrolet in Austin Texas.

When dealing with my Z06 the dude is amazing, makes me want to buy a Chevy for a daily and get rid of my Audi. Oh, sorry to get all positive on this thread but why not ?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Horrible servce - shout it out - with names