Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Finally a TSP Z06 cam thread. Formatto tuned.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:21 PM
D-Rod
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
something is wrong here. it shouldnt surge up to that RPM! I have seen cars with slightly bigger cams and surge up to 1200-1300. I know every car/mods is different, and i have no experience with cams/tuning, but i still think it shouldnt surge up to 1500! hopefully Formatto or TSP can help here. maybe because of it being an email tune?

anyway your car sounds good. congrats
I am told a dyno tune will really smooth out the car. Maybe I am making the surging sound worse than it is. I could drive the car forever the way it is now with no problems. I cant say it drives like stock but is very close.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:16 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by D-Rod
I am told a dyno tune will really smooth out the car. Maybe I am making the surging sound worse than it is. I could drive the car forever the way it is now with no problems. I cant say it drives like stock but is very close.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Should be able to get the power up and surging to almost nothing with that cam.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:13 AM
jrgeorge27
Heel & Toe

Default Texas speed cam -ls7s

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
Glad to hear you're happy with the cam. Let me know if you can't get the surge down and I'll see what we can come up with. That cam should drive extremely well with VERY little cam surge if any at all.

I appreciate the business and let me know if we can help with anything else!

Jon
I get a lot of surging with the LS7 S cam from Texas Speed.

I have LG headers, Halltech CAI, and a tune from a guy here locally. On one dyno I put down 540rwhp and at the dyno at Serious HP I put down 515rwhp. I am not sure if this is good or bad numbers..I was hoping I could get a bit more hp out of this cam because on the first dyno I had 495rwhp with just headers and CAI...
Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 AM
D-Rod
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jrgeorge27
I get a lot of surging with the LS7 S cam from Texas Speed.

I have LG headers, Halltech CAI, and a tune from a guy here locally. On one dyno I put down 540rwhp and at the dyno at Serious HP I put down 515rwhp. I am not sure if this is good or bad numbers..I was hoping I could get a bit more hp out of this cam because on the first dyno I had 495rwhp with just headers and CAI...
I havnt updated this thread in a while but I have been dynotuned since then and have very little surging at all now. I have to look for the surging to find it.

On your 495 pull was it on a different dyno? That sounds high even if it was a dynojet. For reference, my car made 425rwhp bone stock and 515rwhp with cam, headers, intake on the same mustang dyno. So I picked up 90rwhp. Then I was on a dynojet and the car made 527rwhp.

This cam can have great drivability with a good tune and I may be wrong here but I think the LS7s is in the fastest full weight N/A Z06.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:40 AM
jrgeorge27
Heel & Toe

Default 495rwhp pull before ls7s cam install

I havnt updated this thread in a while but I have been dynotuned since then and have very little surging at all now. I have to look for the surging to find it.

On your 495 pull was it on a different dyno? That sounds high even if it was a dynojet. For reference, my car made 425rwhp bone stock and 515rwhp with cam, headers, intake on the same mustang dyno. So I picked up 90rwhp. Then I was on a dynojet and the car made 527rwhp.

This cam can have great drivability with a good tune and I may be wrong here but I think the LS7s is in the fastest full weight N/A Z06.
The 495rwhp was before the LS7S cam. It was on the exact same dyno using the same tuner. On the 495rwhp pull I had a brand new LS7 crate motor with LG Super Pro Headers and High Flow Cats and Vara Ram Intake. I have since taken the VaraRam intake off and installed a HallTech intake because I was told the cut in the shroud creates surging. I will find out this week after I install it. Here is my latest video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uBNq...eature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uBNq...eature=related
Old 02-03-2013, 02:40 PM
vettedawg2
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Great thread! I just picked up this cam package and can't wait for the results. I have a Fast LS7 intake, Vararam, AR headers and Corsa full exhaust from headers back. Hoping to see around 550 rwhp and good drivability since the wife loves to drive it too.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:47 PM
knockout_tx
Advanced

Default 2nd thread

I have one started as well .......Zoie is in surgery as we type.

BTW this is my 3rd Cam....third time is a charm.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:10 AM
vettedawg2
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by knockout_tx

Any updates?
Old 02-23-2013, 08:47 AM
spra4u
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by knockout_tx

Any updates? I am also considering the ls7s cam from TS.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:45 PM
D-Rod
Burning Brakes

Here is some motivation for you looking at this cam. I did this full weight with heavy repro wheels all the way around. Mods were Vararam, ported heads, LS7s cam, ported intake, kooks 1 7/8th. Clutch slipped on the last pass or it would have been faster.

Last edited by D-Rod; 02-23-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Renazilla
Advanced

Yeh, they are some really good guys up there!! I just went there a week ago to get my Z tuned after the AR headers and they answer all my questions and gave me a grand tour of there machine shop!!

When I save the $$ up I'm getting there LS7R cam... It's going to be Nasty!!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:40 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Here is some motivation for you looking at this cam. I did this full weight with heavy repro wheels all the way around. Mods were Vararam, ported heads, LS7s cam, ported intake, kooks 1 7/8th. Clutch slipped on the last pass or it would have been faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fScNzs43oqI
Great passes D-Rod.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Finally a TSP Z06 cam thread. Formatto tuned.