Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] APR Rear Splitter - Problens and Solution

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 08:28 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default APR Rear Diffuser - Problems and Solution

About two mpnths ago I installed the APR Diffuser to compliment the carbon tips on my Akrapovic exhaust. Right after I installed it I realized that I wouldn't be able to get my car off my two post lift since I need to use a jack under the rear center jacking point to lift the car high enought to slide out the four lift arms; the diffuser covered it along with restricting access to servicing the transmission and differential fluids. So I got out a saw and cut out a 2 to 3 inch section and epoxy'd and riveted the end portion back on. I then fabricated a couple of aluminum brackets to secure the rear portion on the diffuser to the lower sway bar mounting bolts. Here are some pictures of it.

I should point out that my car has coilovers and APR makes two versions of the diffuser, one for coilovers and one for the stock monospring. I don't know the difference between the two.

Here is what it looked like before the mod.

Last edited by fperra; 04-06-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:36 AM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, appreciate the time you took to provide this information.

I already think it's too big a PITA to get my car up on the lift so I'm reluctant to make it more so...not sure what I'm going to do with my desire to get this defuser

Cheers, Paul.

Quick Reply: [Z06] APR Rear Splitter - Problens and Solution