Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Picked up my z06 personal review and comments

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 08:32 PM
ALLANB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my z06 personal review and comments

I did a video blog on my iphone 4 but not sure it would work here might be too long might have to put it on youtube not sure it even worked.

Anyway will go over a few things anyway. I see a lot of whining and crying on the vette boards over some things on the z06. I just want to give my opinions and comments.

So flew to neighboring province thursday went to car dealership and picked up my 2008 z06 with 5000 miles only on it. Pretty minty mint . Top loaded 3lz car, chrome mags, nav,all options.

Pic in avatar and in other thread on the car.

So stayed at buddies for couple days then today did 8 hour 500 mile type drive home. We have pretty open roads where the cops can't hide for miles up here in Saskatchewan central canada ,its very flat and you can see for miles, no trees nothing. So you can really open up one of these cruise missles. Since car had miles on it no reason to baby it and break things in nice either.

So here goes.
Engine and power. The LS7 doesn't rule IT DOMINATES! Its seriously sweet as we all know with great torque thruout the range,pretty fast revving and real eye opener as you get up there in the rpm band and it sounds pretty damn nice too. I found compared to when my 99 WS6 was a stock six speed car that you could actually pass many vehicles in sixth. The ls7 makes sixth like fifth in my fourth gen stock.
5th is a great highway gear on the z06 and fourth of course is also wicked. Around town a nice downshift from fourth to third or to second also of course is pretty awesome. 9/10 for power. It would be nice to still have a bit more but not a whole not more really . If could just tune it and maybe put on cold air that might be sufficient to move it to 10/10. Course have not drove a zr1 so might still want a blower like edelbrock on it when warranty is done but thats like 4 years got extended and not messing on engine until its up.
Want to leave this car stock powerplant wise. Have highly modded up 99 twin turbo ta.

Handling. We know this is awesome. G meter on the hud is cool too!
The 2008 feels very good in the steering they did some upgrades in that area. very nice feel and its laser like in the way it goes where you point it. Handling would say 10/10.

Ride..The 2008 has no magnetic ride option like newer ones. It has the first gen goodyear runflats. So its bit harsh although find since car is tight you dont' get much rattles, squeaks so can deal with firm bit harsh ride. If the roads are good not much problem.If the roads are bad well you do get pounded a bit but really thats the roads fault more than the cars. I can deal with it both on trips and just going around town. To me its still much better ride than a lot of pro street type cars had in the old days.

I give ride in my 08 with no magnetic ride option about 7 to 8/10. Certainly not that horrible can't take it on trips or around town for a bit of cruising or to work if worked but retired.
I say if you care so much about ride you could put on different run flats ,other brands are supposed to be quieter and ride better. maybe the new goodyear are better in those areas anyone care to comment feel free.

And you could do shock change. Is there any way to convert non magnetic ride car to magnetic ride.assume too miuch wiring work.
But wondering. Or does aftermarket shock company offer electronic adjustable add on shocks?

Looks. this is big one to me. Car looks just freaking awesome. Women seem to really like it and nothing wrong with that. Guys of course like it. People come up and ask questions, take pics of it just seem to want to be near it . It does seem to draw pretty good attention at least where i live and even in silver imagine it would be even more in bright colors like atomic orange or velocity yellow. Looks 10/10

Brakes. 10/10 They are really powerful and saved my *** few times today from tickets. You can haul down really quick. And they seem pretty fade proof.

Interior.I have 3lz two tone ebony and linen. Former owner replaced the center radio bezel with carbon fiber likely hydro whatever but it looks good and not stick on .I may do other pieces in the interior in same stuff hopefully can match it to that piece or will sell that one and get matching ones. And seriously how much time you stare at the interior. You look at the road when you drive one of these monsters or you may find yourself crashing your nice z06.

Seriously give my interior an 8/10.its not that bad at all. Fact its pretty damn nice.

Stereo. Lots of people really cut down the bose system.I listen to all kinds of music but mostly country and rock ,some heavy rock. I play it loud even though am 53 year old guy. The bose system is not bad really. I may add subthump dual subs in back with amp but ill keep the nav and factory audio possibly even the front and other speakers.
But really the stereo is not that bad. I think some people need to learn to set up the equalizer or adjust bass and treble and mid. I like to up treble like it bright up mid a bit and bass keep it closer to middle or slightly up. Too much bass is hard for a lot of small speakers to do. thats where some aux back subs would help a lot. But still give the bose system a 7/10 maybe 8 if you are not such a bass guy like old me.

Nav..Its not great but it does intergrate with the HUD. And it is a bit blurry but so what.You don't look at it much at all. It does the job for me I dont' go on many trips out of town anyway and will be leaving it alone.
Anyone know if there is any way to feed in mp3 into my 08?Didn't 08 get a jack for mp3 players like iphone,ipod etc???Not huge deal can play cd or radio but be handy once in awhile to hook up my iphone for music. Give the nav a 7/10 ,if had built in ipod hook up was bit clearer then could be 8/10.But because of the way it integrates stuff willing to even go 7.5 /10.

Run flats. I have first gen goodyear. they are noisy but not stupidly so. And like the piece of mind that you get from run flat. I will likely try another brand next season not sure what yet,Like firestone brand, hear good things think on michelin ,bridgestone too. And maybe the gen 2 goodyear are way better.I like the safety factor and will be sticking with runflats.

And think thats about it. I love my z06. And seems most people out there on the street do as well. If was younger and single I would have no shortage of dates with this car! its a true supercar. Its a race car that can be street driven and the ls7 is an out of the park homerun engine. And they did a great job making the z06 look like a mean but very refined car. This car will make people think you are famous! LOL
And that can be a good thing. On the negative side the cops I am sure also notice you in your z06 likely more so in the brighter wilder colors. Orange, yellow, victory red.

I think my silver helps a bit to not be quite in your face as those other colors. That may help me slip under the radar pun intended so to speak. I am not sure if getting radar detector if there is even point anymore. There is service in our town they phone you with alerts on radar sites. Might have to subscribe to that. This car is hard hard not to speed in. I recommend heavy use of the cruise on the highway and maybe meditation or something so you can try to remain mellow and in control when driving this beast of a car as it can also bring out the beast in you. Much as I tried to drive the speed limit or bit over today I did still exercise my car up to 130 mph at least once and 100 to 120 mph a few other times.I did this on wide open roads where there was nowhere for the polilce to hide. A person needs to have some fun .
Top Gear is great for those ideas! Those guys on that show are crazy talking the original british show.

Feel free to ask any questions you guys that are thinking of going with z06.I was almost getting Grand sport auto but now very happy went to z06 even if it is manual. clutchless manual would be nice addition in c7.

Last edited by ALLANB; 05-12-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:33 PM
ALLANB
Pro

Didn't tick off notification of posts so will do that in this post.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Skimball
Advanced

Great car and the best color! Congrats and have fun modding.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:52 PM
ALLANB
Pro

Originally Posted by Skimball
Great car and the best color! Congrats and have fun modding.
I am not modding anything engine related no tuning,cold air paranoid about gm. So just do things like carbon fiber under hood and maybe interior parts, some other mostly cosmetic mods like ordered llyods mats will order a mild to wild thing, install skip shift elminator right away that thing is gay the 1 to 4 stuff.I would have programmed it away I have hptuners but as said afraid now to touch this as have extended gm warranties for years and years.

but its plenty fast as is and have 1000 hp car in my stable already my 99TT.
But future cars likely not going to mod. especially as said the engine stuff. It just never ends once you go down that path.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Marc Lefebvre
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ALLANB
I did a video blog on my iphone 4 but not sure it would work here might be too long might have to put it on youtube not sure it even worked.

Anyway will go over a few things anyway. I see a lot of whining and crying on the vette boards over some things on the z06. I just want to give my opinions and comments.

So flew to neighboring province thursday went to car dealership and picked up my 2008 z06 with 5000 miles only on it. Pretty minty mint . Top loaded 3lz car, chrome mags, nav,all options.

So stayed at buddies for couple days then today did 8 hour 500 mile type drive home. We have pretty open roads where the cops can't hide for miles up here in Saskatchewan central canada ,its very flat and you can see for miles, no trees nothing. So you can really open up one of these cruise missles. Since car had miles on it no reason to baby it and break things in nice either.

So here goes.
Engine and power. The LS7 doesn't rule IT DOMINATES! Its seriously sweet as we all know with great torque thruout the range,pretty fast revving and real eye opener as you get up there in the rpm band and it sounds pretty damn nice too. I found compared to when my 99 WS6 was a stock six speed car that you could actually pass many vehicles in sixth. The ls7 makes sixth like fifth in my fourth gen stock.
5th is a great highway gear on the z06 and fourth of course is also wicked. Around town a nice downshift from fourth to third or to second also of course is pretty awesome. 9/10 for power. It would be nice to still have a bit more but not a whole not more really . If could just tune it and maybe put on cold air that might be sufficient to move it to 10/10. Course have not drove a zr1 so might still want a blower like edelbrock on it when warranty is done but thats like 4 years got extended and not messing on engine until its up.
Want to leave this car stock powerplant wise. Have highly modded up 99 twin turbo ta.

The 2008 feels very good in the steering they did some upgrades in that area. very nice feel and its laser like in the way it goes where you point it. Handling would say 10/10.

Ride..The 2008 has no magnetic ride option like newer ones. It has the first gen goodyear runflats. So its bit harsh although find since car is tight you dont' get much rattles, squeaks so can deal with firm bit harsh ride. If the roads are good not much problem.If the roads are bad well you do get pounded a bit but really thats the roads fault more than the cars. I can deal with it both on trips and just going around town. To me its still much better ride than a lot of pro street type cars had in the old days.

I give ride in my 08 with no magnetic ride option about 7 to 8/10. Certainly not that horrible can't take it on trips or around town for a bit of cruising or to work if worked but retired.
I say if you care so much about ride you could put on different run flats ,other brands are supposed to be quieter and ride better. maybe the new goodyear are better in those areas anyone care to comment feel free.

And you could do shock change. Is there any way to convert non magnetic ride car to magnetic ride.assume too miuch wiring work.
But wondering. Or does aftermarket shock company offer electronic adjustable add on shocks?

Looks. this is big one to me. Car looks just freaking awesome. Women seem to really like it and nothing wrong with that. Guys of course like it. People come up and ask questions, take pics of it just seem to want to be near it . It does seem to draw pretty good attention at least where i live and even in silver imagine it would be even more in bright colors like atomic orange or velocity yellow. Looks 10/10

Brakes. 10/10 They are really powerful and saved my *** few times today from tickets. You can haul down really quick. And they seem pretty fade proof.

Interior.I have 3lz two tone ebony and linen. Former owner replaced the center radio bezel with carbon fiber likely hydro whatever but it looks good and not stick on .I may do other pieces in the interior in same stuff hopefully can match it to that piece or will sell that one and get matching ones. And seriously how much time you stare at the interior. You look at the road when you drive one of these monsters or you may find yourself crashing your nice z06.

Seriously give my interior an 8/10.its not that bad at all. Fact its pretty damn nice.

Stereo. Lots of people really cut down the bose system.I listen to all kinds of music but mostly country and rock ,some heavy rock. I play it loud even though am 53 year old guy. The bose system is not bad really. I may add subthump dual subs in back with amp but ill keep the nav and factory audio possibly even the front and other speakers.
But really the stereo is not that bad. I think some people need to learn to set up the equalizer or adjust bass and treble and mid. I like to up treble like it bright up mid a bit and bass keep it closer to middle or slightly up. Too much bass is hard for a lot of small speakers to do. thats where some aux back subs would help a lot. But still give the bose system a 7/10 maybe 8 if you are not such a bass guy like old me.

Nav..Its not great but it does intergrate with the HUD. And it is a bit blurry but so what.You don't look at it much at all. It does the job for me I dont' go on many trips out of town anyway and will be leaving it alone.
Anyone know if there is any way to feed in mp3 into my 08?Didn't 08 get a jack for mp3 players like iphone,ipod etc???Not huge deal can play cd or radio but be handy once in awhile to hook up my iphone for music.

Run flats. I have first gen goodyear. they are noisy but not stupidly so. And like the piece of mind that you get from run flat. I will likely try another brand next season not sure what yet,Like firestone brand, hear good things think on michelin ,bridgestone too. And maybe the gen 2 goodyear are way better.I like the safety factor and will be sticking with runflats.

And think thats about it. I love my z06. And seems most people out there on the street do as well. If was younger and single I would have no shortage of dates with this car! its a true supercar. Its a race car that can be street driven and the ls7 is an out of the park homerun engine. And they did a great job making the z06 look like a mean but very refined car. This car will make people think you are famous! LOL
And that can be a good thing. On the negative side the cops I am sure also notice you in your z06 likely more so in the brighter wilder colors. Orange, yellow, victory red.

I think my silver helps a bit to not be quite in your face as those other colors. That may help me slip under the radar pun intended so to speak. I am not sure if getting radar detector if there is even point anymore. There is service in our town they phone you with alerts on radar sites. Might have to subscribe to that. This car is hard hard not to speed in. I recommend heavy use of the cruise on the highway and maybe meditation or something so you can try to remain mellow and in control when driving this beast of a car as it can also bring out the beast in you. Much as I tried to drive the speed limit or bit over today I did still exercise my car up to 130 mph at least once and 100 to 120 mph a few other times.I did this on wide open roads where there was nowhere for the polilce to hide. A person needs to have some fun .
Top Gear is great for those ideas! Those guys on that show are crazy talking the original british show.

Feel free to ask any questions you guys that are thinking of going with z06.I was almost getting Grand sport auto but now very happy went to z06 even if it is manual. clutchless manual would be nice addition in c7.
Congratulations, hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. About your comment on the Subthump subwoofer enclosure. There is a company in Regina, Saskatchewan that builds awesome custom fiberglass subwoofer enclosures. I owned one from Subthump and it was ok but it didn't compare to the one I bought from Tc Customs. I contacted them a while back about building one for my Z but they said they didn't have access to a C6Z to take measurements on. The one I purchased from them before was for my C5 coupe. There are pics of it still on the website in their -vehicle specific- link. There prices are also very reasonable. Here is a link to their website http://www.tccustomz.com/ . If your considering a subwoofer enclosure in the future do yourself a favor check them out if they are within your distance of travel. Let me know if you do decide to check them out. Marc L.

Last edited by Marc Lefebvre; 04-23-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:27 PM
ALLANB
Pro

Marc.they are in the same city as me! I will check that out and can maybe let them use my car. will think about it. I was mostly just into fairly cheap quick and easy and have subthump setup in my 99 trans am and its nice. Sounds great but will check the link out and maybe go bit further.I won't be leaving my car anywhere though to get any work done. My car don't leave my sight! Going to be a bit overprotective of my baby for awhile!

This car is not usually going on long trips and not sure really need that much more stereo in it. Leaving it stock keeps people from breaking in to steal head units,etc. So may just leave it stock. I am bass freak and my 99 trans am is setup for that with dual 12 mtx in the subthump plate box/ thing and some big big mtx amps. Infiinity fronts and its sounds clear and loud. used to sell audio in my younger days. Still like it loud and am 53 now. but now maybe more deaf!

Also wonder maybe will put in that sound deadener kits ,its really not that bad though for tire noise I can drown it out easily with stereo.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Marc Lefebvre
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marc.they are in the same city as me! I will check that out and can maybe let them use my car. will think about it. I was mostly just into fairly cheap quick and easy and have subthump setup in my 99 trans am and its nice. Sounds great but will check the link out and maybe go bit further.I won't be leaving my car anywhere though to get any work done. My car don't leave my sight! Going to be a bit overprotective of my baby for awhile!

This car is not usually going on long trips and not sure really need that much more stereo in it. Leaving it stock keeps people from breaking in to steal head units,etc. So may just leave it stock. I am bass freak and my 99 trans am is setup for that with dual 12 mtx in the subthump plate box/ thing and some big big mtx amps. Infiinity fronts and its sounds clear and loud. used to sell audio in my younger days. Still like it loud and am 53 now. but now maybe more deaf!

Also wonder maybe will put in that sound deadener kits ,its really not that bad though for tire noise I can drown it out easily with stereo.
I'm 51 so not to far behind you. Definately understand about not leaving your new baby anywhere. Whatever you do down the road is your call. Just see them before you decide to buy a Subthump product. Way classier and not much more money. Enjoy. Marc L.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:28 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Congrats on picking up your Z. Good write up.

All I will say is wait until you get rid of the Shtty RunCraps and put some decent tires on there and the car will ride even better and feel less "jumpy" and nervous.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:41 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

So here goes.

Anyone know if there is any way to feed in mp3 into my 08?Didn't 08 get a jack for mp3 players like iphone,ipod etc???Not huge deal can play cd or radio but be handy once in awhile to hook up my iphone for music.

Congrats on the Z06.

I didn't read all of that above. But if it's something good, then I agree with it.

And just glancing at all of the "10/10" "8/10", and other similar high numbers that you wrote above, must be something good.

Welcome aboard. I'm partial to Silver Z06s myself.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 04-23-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great write up! Glad you love it!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:52 PM
ALLANB
Pro

Originally Posted by FrankTank
Congrats on picking up your Z. Good write up.

All I will say is wait until you get rid of the Shtty RunCraps and put some decent tires on there and the car will ride even better and feel less "jumpy" and nervous.
I don't think my car is that jumpy. Maybe cause its 08 they did stuff ot the steering in 08. It is great on good roads spent 500 miles on on mostly good highways .on crappy roads it might track a bit but don't bother me much. And they are not that noisy .I just turn up my stereo a bit. No big deal either. But plan on getting different run flats not sure which. Run flats are great. Do you really want to get a flat at what seems always stupid times or far from home. Risk towing the vette or being stranded maybe late at night in places you don't want to be stranded. Also if blow a tire at high speed I won't be dying from that. run flats are great idea and the newer ones sound like they have made gains in ride and handling.I didn't buy a z06 to ride like a cadillac.I expected it to ride firm but at least it tight and not a rattle box. I have had soft riding cars that are still rattle boxes. I am moving next year to a place with much better roads.

Like said some whine and whine about the run flats, the nav,stereo interior. gas mileage whatever. I say the car is a supercar. For half the price or less of most supercars. Even less since bought it used. and its only got 5000 miles on it and got extended gm warranty.

The ls7 kicks *** and takes no prisoners, the z06 has knockout styling,amazing brakes, handling.Ride is not bad as said on decent roads. A bit annoying on rough roads. Nav works ok good enough I dont' use nav that much anyway in the vette not going to be taking it on long trips mostly just stay close to hmoe and boot it around the city. I can put in my 200 buck garmin or use iphone whatever if care. Stereo isn't that bad either really. Just have to play with the settings .

And also think my interior is pretty nice but it is 3lz option. I love this car a lot. Its probably the most impressive car I have ever owned for the price. I may even keep it long term and not trade it up on c7 z06.
Will see what engine c7 has and thought heard its in new motortrend?If so will go buy it right away.
I LOVE MY LS7 and I LOVE MY Z06 and more importantly a lot of women seem to love it as well. But am married and faithful but still nice to get hit on at my age even if they are mostly interested in money and all that. But I think the car genuinely impresses people. I will be going out just to stare at it a lot especially over winter but thank goodness moving to warmer place next year so can drive it likely 9 months year versus maybe 6 where am now.
My car is not sitting in garage trying to save mileage. It will get driven life is short. But have other vehicles so it won't likely see more than about 5000 miles a year.If thats too much at resale time well whatever then keep it forever dont' matter to me.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:57 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Machine silver is a very underrated color. Looks good all the time and is easy to keep clean. My other Vette is MS. Good luck with your new toy.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:10 AM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Valentine 1 and love it.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:44 AM
LTVN68
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice write up! Easy to love the Z!
Sold my 2009 too soon. But.......my 2011 is leaving Bowling Green any day now. Black on black ZO7.
By the way, I am 66.....I subscribe to what the 85 year old lady said when asked what it felt like to be 85. She said I want people to know I still feel like that 18 year old girl I once was. I am just that 18 year old girl in this 85 year old body.
Work out, eat right, stay fit, ride fast sportbikes, listen to a little rock and roll,help others, stay right with God.........drive a Z. Yep, still that 18 year old kid in this 66 year old body. Just hope I have a little more wisdom now to finish the journey. And as has been said: " I am not afraid of dying, just of never having lived. Life is a journey, enjoy the ride! The things you will remember the most will be things you do for others "

Last edited by LTVN68; 04-24-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:16 AM
young grasshopper
Pro

If was younger and single I would have no shortage of dates with this car!
So if you were single and in your late 20's ?
Old 04-24-2011, 08:00 AM
ALLANB
Pro

When was young had smokey and bandit 77 trans am. Back then that car was a serious babe magnet. No complaints.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:51 AM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

You're right on target about the car. Fabulous street supercar. Also right on target about the ride. Had an 08Z I bought new, kept it stock & drove it for 2 years/ 10,000 miles. Got tired of the solid fixed roof & rough ride on all but mainly smooth roads( replaced it with a 2010 GS 6 speed manual coupe with see thru/ removable roof & Lingenfelter forged bottom end Maggie TVS2300 supercharger package). When the OEM runflats wear out if you go to the Michelin PS2 ZP's(runflats), you will get a dramatic improvement in ride, handling, & noise. It will still be too rough for all but mainly smooth roads( that's why GM finally made the magnetic suspension available on the 2011 & 2012 Z06 & it's always been standard on the ZR1). Suggest getting the Pfadt adjustable sport shocks to soften the ride. If I had kept the 08Z, I would have gone that route. Enjoy the car. It gives a fabulous " one with the car" feeling.

Get notified of new replies

To Picked up my z06 personal review and comments

Old 04-24-2011, 09:57 AM
C5 Frank
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

After nearly 5 years of owning my Z, now you know what some of us have known for a long time!!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 10:05 AM
ALLANB
Pro

Originally Posted by musclecar6
You're right on target about the car. Fabulous street supercar. Also right on target about the ride. Had an 08Z I bought new, kept it stock & drove it for 2 years/ 10,000 miles. Got tired of the solid fixed roof & rough ride on all but mainly smooth roads( replaced it with a 2010 GS 6 speed manual coupe with see thru/ removable roof & Lingenfelter forged bottom end Maggie TVS2300 supercharger package). When the OEM runflats wear out if you go to the Michelin PS2 ZP's(runflats), you will get a dramatic improvement in ride, handling, & noise. It will still be too rough for all but mainly smooth roads( that's why GM finally made the magnetic suspension available on the 2011 & 2012 Z06 & it's always been standard on the ZR1). Suggest getting the Pfadt adjustable sport shocks to soften the ride. If I had kept the 08Z, I would have gone that route. Enjoy the car. It gives a fabulous " one with the car" feeling.
As said would keep the runflats just try different brand. As for softer ride I can deal with it,car is not daily driver.Going to city with much better roads next year so that will also help. I have driven much harder riding vehicles thru the years. And as said since the car is tight not really as bad as softer cars that have lots of rattles.

I would have thought someone would offer a cockpit adjustable shock for these cars.

I am also not sure if going to keep the car, go up to c7 and trade it off, keep it and get a c7, or go up to zr1. If the zr1 had the ls7 it would be easy decision.But it don't . I think would like the magnetic ride and maybe nice to also have that launch control as well. So guess another option could be to trade up to 2011 z06. But for now just live with what I got. If want a soft ride can drive my minivan around.Its my dailiy driver. But they really should have offered the magnetic ride option on all the cars z06 included. If it was option on the cheapest coupes and verts should have been option on z06.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:35 AM
ALLANB
Pro

Bit of update here.
Got bridgestone runflats and they are much better as many said. Lot less noise and
better ride, good traction and supposed to last lot longer then the goodyears if you are nice to them. This car can destroy back tires in a day of course.

Got block it sound insulation kit and it helps a lot as well.And vette partition and storage tray thing and it also helps knock down the sound levels from the tires.
My center console is factory cf finish guess that started in 08 ,thought it was add on but guess not. I ordered more parts to match it. Interior still think is pretty good in 3LZ trim and only adding a few things to tweak it up a bit more.

Few weeks later and pretty much everything said in initial review is same. I love the power, handling, looks of the car. I can live with the ride the new tires helped a lot and might maybe go to bilstein or phafdt adjustables at some point in future but for now ride is fine.
Nav is fine,stereo is not that bad.Still may add some subs but not sure would even change out speakers.And will leave the head unit alone.

I love this car to death and drive it pretty frequently.

Last edited by ALLANB; 06-11-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Picked up my z06 personal review and comments