Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] title issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 04:31 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default title issue

Hey guys,

I have nowhere to discuss about this topic so help me out here.

I just bought used Z fpr my son from Chicago, IL (I'm located at S. Cali) and finally received the car this week.

I've been calling dealer to send me original title but they are not cooperative. Car was paid off 2 weeks agao and they were telling me that they will send out the title anydays and it's been a week.

What should I do? are there any legal help I can seek for?

Thanks
Old 07-22-2011, 05:09 PM
andy82
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by beastyz06
Hey guys,

I have nowhere to discuss about this topic so help me out here.

I just bought used Z fpr my son from Chicago, IL (I'm located at S. Cali) and finally received the car this week.

I've been calling dealer to send me original title but they are not cooperative. Car was paid off 2 weeks agao and they were telling me that they will send out the title anydays and it's been a week.

What should I do? are there any legal help I can seek for?

Thanks
When I paid off mine the bank took 2-3 weeks to get the title to me, which was expected. 2 weeks seems reasonable if the title comes from their bank or so......be patient!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:12 PM
fasthwks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

2-4 weeks is normal
Old 07-22-2011, 05:15 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Originally Posted by andy82
When I paid off mine the bank took 2-3 weeks to get the title to me, which was expected. 2 weeks seems reasonable if the title comes from their bank or so......be patient!
No Andy,

I know dealer has title in their hands and they even confirmed with me. It's not coming from the bank.

They are just not sending the title with no reason.

Damn !!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:32 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 256 Posts

I smell a 'lien' on it that has to be cleared
Old 07-22-2011, 05:35 PM
fasthwks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by beastyz06
No Andy,

I know dealer has title in their hands and they even confirmed with me. It's not coming from the bank.

They are just not sending the title with no reason.

Damn !!
Understand now, did you do a direct wire transfer or check? They might be hanging onto the title for check verification(10-14 days), anything else I couldn't tell you. If it is a larger dealer just call and ask for the GM or owner, they should be able to tell you.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:38 PM
jasonn5
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default title

What type of dealer was this. If it is a major car dealer, then they usually should have the title at the dealership. The problem is if they just recently took the car in on trade, there might not have been enough time to get it cleared thru their version of the DMV. If it a smaller dealer and the car was bought at auction it will take a lot more time. The auction house usually holds title until the dealer funds are clear and then sends it to him. Once again it usually has to go thru the DMV. I am not sure if Ill. deals in electronic titles. If they do it will take a lot longer to get the paper title. Give it at least a couple of weeks if not more;
That is the problem with buying out of state. .. good luck.. Mike
Old 07-22-2011, 05:41 PM
jasonn5
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Title

Another thing. Did you fill out paperwork for the car thru the dealer. If so, you should have a temporary registration issued by the dealer. If you have all paperwork from the dealer, it should not be an issue to deal with our DMV....MIke
Old 07-22-2011, 06:01 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Originally Posted by jasonn5
Another thing. Did you fill out paperwork for the car thru the dealer. If so, you should have a temporary registration issued by the dealer. If you have all paperwork from the dealer, it should not be an issue to deal with our DMV....MIke
Thanks Mike,

I have the temporary 15day permit for drive and all copies of contract.

I'll go DMV on Monday and see.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:28 PM
sprinter
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I was in the same situation. I am in CA and bought mine from a non GM dealer in NC. He didn't give me the title and went through delay after delay, excuse after excuse. I was lucky that I bought through eBay and after 3 months their legal dept got involved and I had the title within a couple of weeks. But itreally was a nightmare. I recommend contacting a legal firm in Chicago and get them to contact the dealer. All licenced dealers have a bond and they can threaten to put a lien against the bond and in such case, the dealer cannot operate - this is what eBay VPP legal told me.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:37 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Originally Posted by sprinter
I was in the same situation. I am in CA and bought mine from a non GM dealer in NC. He didn't give me the title and went through delay after delay, excuse after excuse. I was lucky that I bought through eBay and after 3 months their legal dept got involved and I had the title within a couple of weeks. But itreally was a nightmare. I recommend contacting a legal firm in Chicago and get them to contact the dealer. All licenced dealers have a bond and they can threaten to put a lien against the bond and in such case, the dealer cannot operate - this is what eBay VPP legal told me.
Thank you for the info Sprinter !! This is what I need if I don't get the tile til next week.

This is also NON GM dealer, what was I thinking !!

Get notified of new replies

To title issue

Quick Reply: [Z06] title issue