Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] katech + bpp aero packages?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 02:41 PM
mikey
Melting Slicks

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

Default katech + bpp aero packages?

well i'm pretty much sold on the katech aero package, front spliter, undertray, rear spoiler and side skirts..

i really appreciate katech's posting on their site with the wind tunnel data. although i do wish it had quantified the y axis with lbs of force..

has anyone added a breathless performance rear diffuser to the katech package and determined overall downforce effects? debating whether to get this in addition to the katech parts.

thanks in advance,
Old 07-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

You have up lift with the stock areo set up. The full Katech aero changes that to a lot of downforce. Be sure to remove the air dam!

Jim
Old 07-24-2011, 10:19 AM
mikey
Melting Slicks

tracking on what katech package does.. looking for knowledge points on what adding a bpp rear diffuser to the katech package does. will it connect the air under the car enough to add considerable front and rear downforce or will it add only at the rear thus decreasing the balance or is it negligible effects all together?

also does anyone have quantifiable numbers, i.e. lbs of downforce for the katech package or lap time improvements before/after katech package?

i will eventually have comparison at sebring, but the other changing variable will be tires unfortunately, so all improvements won't directly correlate to the aero package. 2:39 is a typical sebring full course lap time for my '06 Z06 running nitto invos. my next trip there will be on nitto nt05's with the katech package, and maybe the bpp diffuser if i can get any data to say the bpp part is worth another 1500 to add to the katech parts.

perhaps i'm overly optimistic, but i'm estimating i could be under 2:30 lap times with the changes, with at least 4 seconds of that attributed to the tire change.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:38 AM
DaOtherOne
Melting Slicks

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

Here's the Katech wind tunnel report.

http://www.katechengines.com/street_...a%20report.pdf
Old 07-24-2011, 07:16 PM
brahmabull1126
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was also going this route..i.e. the Katech aero performance, and doing the BPP GT2 diffuser..only gripes were that they didnt make it in carbon fiber..but now i think they do, because i was on the other boards, and a base C6 had the Diffuser in "Carbon Fiber"..so now, this has greatly improved my chances of buying it..

on top of that, I know if you buy the BPP GT2 diffuser, you also have to buy the CES exhaust thats supposedly made for it, or go custom...I was planning on going Corsa for my exhaust because it just sounds soo RAW racecar like, especially with no cats, headers, heads and a cam..does anybody know if done with the same mods, will the CES exhaust sound the same, or will i have to go custom with the Corsa..apologize to the OP for stealing the show a lil bit..lol..
Old 07-24-2011, 08:11 PM
mikey
Melting Slicks

no worries with your post brahmabull.. wish others would read mine more fully as well.. i've read katech's site, but i asked additional questions that aren't answered on their site.

actually glad you posted.. i didn't realize you have to change exhaust to run the bpp diffuser. this probably takes it off the table for me now, since i wasn't planning on incurring that expense right now..
Old 07-26-2011, 10:43 PM
mikey
Melting Slicks

so.... anybody have any quantifiable data? improved lap times?
Old 07-26-2011, 10:55 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Bp makes a diffuser that will work with the stock exhaust. Not sure if it as efficient as the CES.

Get notified of new replies

To katech + bpp aero packages?

Quick Reply: [Z06] katech + bpp aero packages?