Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Which Tucson Dealership body shop is best?

Old 12-06-2011, 11:33 AM
mrwrenchphd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which Tucson Dealership body shop is best?

Roof finally popped this weekend pulling into the fuel station. Just wondering which dealer is better. Watson or O'rielly Chevrolet? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:03 PM
RFZ
Melting Slicks

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

orielly did my 06...had to send it back when i went to pick it up because of crappy paint; dirt/dust; when it came back out it was no better ...brought it home and wet sanded/buffed it...looked fine after that... good luck they both suck which is why my cars never go to them unless absolutely have to...[ read major component failure under warranty, then i still have to go over/redo things]
Old 12-06-2011, 06:19 PM
PatriotZ
Melting Slicks

Location: "No matter where you go... there you are"...."You cannot drive a dollar bill". ...and remember... "D
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have to agree with RFZ.....
I recently had some paint work done by Royal Collision on Speedway....they are the Cadillac, Buick, GMC, Lexus dealer.....they should be able to do the work....I am 100% satisfied......
ps...where do you wrench?

Last edited by PatriotZ; 12-06-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:42 PM
RFZ
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by PatriotZ
I have to agree with RFZ.....
I recently had some paint work done by Royal Collision on Speedway....they are the Cadillac, Buick, GMC, Lexus dealer.....they should be able to do the work....I am 100% satisfied......
ps...where do you wrench?
self employed for past 25 years...shop at the house...also work musselman honda circuit for fun...these days i do race karts ...auto repair...most anything thats fun to drive/ride ...used to do auto repair/restorations...now i just try to have fun!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 05:20 PM
40YRW8
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

RFZ,
Gary from Tucson here. Do you know much about working with all the plastic interior components on the Z? It seems that whenever I try to remove anything, I break something. It seems that all those little clips and pins have it out for me.
Gary
Old 12-07-2011, 08:35 PM
RFZ
Melting Slicks

depends on the type fasterner....helps alot to know ...some of the fasterners are good for one time only and require replacement for proper fastening...some special tools help in disassembly ...temperature can make a difference, although in tucson not so much...shop manual is big help in taking something apart you havent done before..the "touch "also helps...lots of experience in light line is also a plus...

if you get stuck lots of info can be found online with the right search...forums can be of help especially diy threads...metal clips that push in a hole or slot can usually be reused but sometimes hard to disassemble...plastic push pins that have ribs usually need to be replaced to keep parts tight...online parts stores often have the replacement procedure for a particular part...

hope this helps
Old 12-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Z0SIXXXIN
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would rather paint myself with water color and a toothbrush than take my vette to O'Rielly. My dad had his avalanche door and I had my brand new camaro hood painted there. His avalanche had the worst paint runs I have ever seen and you could still see the gaulge in my hood (looked like they just painted over the gaulge and didn't properly feather the paint and clear). I showed up to complain and the slime ball was giving every excuse and nearly tried to fight me. I paid $800 to have it fixed and I coulda done better with spray paint. I called my insurance company while at the dealership and a rep showed up 30 minutes later and couldnt believe what they were trying to get away with. O'Rielly management made things right at no extra charge but I have a bad taste for the shop there. On the other hand, their new car sales team is awesome for all 3 cars I bought from them last year! They even found someone to buy my old Z06 directly from me at full value instead of trading it in to them. Anyways....I have to get my roof fixed soon too, but it won't be at O'Rielly.

Get notified of new replies

To Which Tucson Dealership body shop is best?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Which Tucson Dealership body shop is best?