Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] PTM Upgrade on 09?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 02:14 AM
RD in SD
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default PTM Upgrade on 09?

I have an 09 Z that I track a lot and an 06 too. Would like to know if it is possible to upgrade an older car like my 09 and my 06 to add PTM. Also is it worth it? I have been doing searches for PTM but have not found much about how well it works at the track. I figure I must be searching under the wrong subject or something.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:19 AM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by RD in SD
I have an 09 Z that I track a lot and an 06 too. Would like to know if it is possible to upgrade an older car like my 09 and my 06 to add PTM. Also is it worth it? I have been doing searches for PTM but have not found much about how well it works at the track. I figure I must be searching under the wrong subject or something.
You 'can' do anything you want to your car....but, question is, what do you have to change in order to do it???

I do not think it's something you would want to do. I believe the electronic (delphi vs bosch) has something to do with that.

Does your '09 also have launch control? Can't remember if it started in '09 or '10....that was same time they changed the electronics. I think you need bosch system to do it at minimum. I think you also need F55 as well.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:29 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,803 Likes on 1,143 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

You'll need to:
  • overhaul the electronics in the car and replace the TCS computer
  • there might be some PCM updates that have to go with that, due to the spark retardation when the PTM fires off... not sure
  • make sure the system bus in the car can handle the signals from the RTD system that you're about to add to the car
  • replace the suspension with the RTD system including possibly swapping the lower control arms so that you have the sensor mounting points

Can you do it? Sure. Will it cost you a small fortune to do so? Absolutely.

jas
Old 07-05-2012, 01:17 PM
RD in SD
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow lots of good information. I had just assumed it was a tweak on the existing traction control and active handling systems. Didn't realize it was all new electronics. What is the first year for it 2011?
Old 07-05-2012, 01:44 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,803 Likes on 1,143 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

What is the first year for it 2011?
PTM appeared in the ZR1 for MY2010, and in the Z06 for MY2012.

jas
Old 07-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Your 09 has the Bosch EBCM but probably would need new firmware to get the PTM features. Then you have all the other stuff people have mentioned. Cheaper to trade cars than to install it on an older car.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To PTM Upgrade on 09?

Quick Reply: [Z06] PTM Upgrade on 09?