Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Adding 427 emblem to CF hood, & clear bra questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Viz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Adding 427 emblem to CF hood, & clear bra questions

Gave Tommy Jr my order this week for a Torch Red Z06, great experience so far. A couple of questions for those more in the know:

1) Does the template I saw in an older thread (I assume provided with the 427 emblems) work for the correct placement of the emblems on the Carbon Fiber hood, or is it only meant for the regular hood ? Has anyone used that template on the CF hood ?

2) If the hood is clear bra'ed, are the emblems then installed over the clear bra, or does the installer trim around the emblems (or any emblem, I've heard it's done both ways but can't confirm).

3) Tommy Jr said they use, I believe, Autobahn to due their clear bra's. Anyone have any experience with them ?

Viz
Old 09-29-2012, 06:20 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,550 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Viz
Gave Tommy Jr my order this week for a Torch Red Z06, great experience so far. A couple of questions for those more in the know:

1) Does the template I saw in an older thread (I assume provided with the 427 emblems) work for the correct placement of the emblems on the Carbon Fiber hood, or is it only meant for the regular hood ? Has anyone used that template on the CF hood ?

2) If the hood is clear bra'ed, are the emblems then installed over the clear bra, or does the installer trim around the emblems (or any emblem, I've heard it's done both ways but can't confirm).

3) Tommy Jr said they use, I believe, Autobahn to due their clear bra's. Anyone have any experience with them ?

Viz
Viz, I can't answer the template issue on the CF hood but I have used Autobahnd on my last 3 newer Vettes including my Z06. I am extremely pleased with their work. They have skilled installers. The product protects well and is barely visible.

As far as the emblems, it would make sense to put the emblem on the car before the clear bra is installed. They can then cut around it.

Enjoy the new Z
Old 09-29-2012, 07:43 AM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

the clear bra is installed first then the emblems over the top for seamless results. i removed my eblems and installed new ones after clear bra installation, its the right way. emblems are cheap. my install guy has them in stock and includes them in the price for clear bra.....

Last edited by erikszr1; 09-29-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Morrisman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 2012 carbon hood and used the template to put on the 427 logos. The template worked perfect.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Viz
Instructor

Thanks, appreciate all the iinfo.

Viz
Old 09-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Morrisman
I have the 2012 carbon hood and used the template to put on the 427 logos. The template worked perfect.
So then the height of the logos is te same as the stock hood even though the rise is higher on the OEM carbon hood or did you adjust the height?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:16 AM
NHRA95
Drifting

I would have the MacMulkin dealership, Tommy Jr. install them. They are the best!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:47 AM
RJG7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my my entire hood clear bra with Xpel and emblems were installed on top of clear bra so you don't have the cut outs. Worked perfect.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:10 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Default Emblems...

Originally Posted by RJG7
Had my my entire hood clear bra with Xpel and emblems were installed on top of clear bra so you don't have the cut outs. Worked perfect.
If an installer is using our software they can delete any emblem from the pattern. The installer can remove any badge (Corvette, Porsche, etc..) from a car and install a clear bra over the surface and then replace the badging.

I have copied a photo set from a Range Rover Sport clear bra install that we did this year.

http://www.xpel.com/installations/viewrelease.asp?id=88

Get notified of new replies

To Adding 427 emblem to CF hood, & clear bra questions

Quick Reply: [Z06] Adding 427 emblem to CF hood, & clear bra questions