Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] WCCH Track Data !!!!

Old 02-27-2013, 10:45 PM
Mark2009
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
As I look at your efforts to cover what you call "potential causes", I am reminded of the rationale used by many in here, myself included, in using solid stemmed stainless valves [...]
The only rationale being used with regards to solid stem stainless valves is: "OEM valve broke, OEM valve bad". Probably required two seconds of thought, tops.

Similar simplistic thinking, combined with a similar expenditure of time, will result in similar conclusions: "Fire burn, fire bad". "Rubber tire flat, rubber tire bad".

My conclusions and rationale take a bit more time and effort and do not rely on following, leading, or constructing a herd, so please do not confuse them with yours. In the meantime, enjoy the ride on those solid stainless tires and and if you rub that frozen TV dinner between your knees long enough, it will thaw out and be edible (more or less). Bon appetite!

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
How soon do you think you will be able to report that you know what the cause is?
I can report right now that it won't be the OEM exhaust valve. Let the crying begin
Old 02-27-2013, 11:02 PM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
My threads are open to any whack job that has nothing better to do

I think a lot of what is being seen now surely vindicates your long standing opinions

DH
here is some good hack work right here...cnc is a great way to get the heads spot on...but if you remove just the cnc lines in the exhaust ports they will never get carbon built up in them....before port on sbf victor jr heads

same port after cut Work..

same port polished an complete

note these heads are ford but they come with bronze guides an ss valves..guides were in spec after 50k and a 200 shot of funny gas
Old 02-27-2013, 11:04 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark200X

My conclusions and rationale take a bit more time and effort and do not rely on following, leading, or constructing a herd, so please do not confuse them with yours.

Your "conclusions and rationale" clearly do not require the requisite ingenuity, superior intellect, and soundness which mine do. So under what possible circumstance would I confuse them with mine?

My conclusions and rationale take a bit more time and effort...
Yes, I do indeed believe you. No doubt tremendous effort. You demonstrated that decimals were somewhat of a struggle, and that you were mathematically challenged in your writings captured in this post.

So given such a starting point, forgive me if I am not overly optimistic about the prospects of your determining the "root cause" of these LS7 engine issues.

I can report right now that it won't be the OEM exhaust valve. Let the crying begin
Do let us know what you come up with in your laboratory, my good man.

We shall be awaiting "your analysis", but which should we expect to see first, it, or the C8, the C9, the return of Elvis and Tupac, the real murderers in the Simpson case, or all of the aforementioned ?

Well on a more serious note, I have mentioned in my other responses to you, that seeing as how you purchased from me, my old stock OEM exhaust valves from out of my spare/core set of heads, I was wondering if you might be interested in purchasing the valve springs from out of that set of heads as well, for your research and quest to find the root cause of these failures.

I'll of course cut you a fair deal on them, same as I did with my used exhaust valves. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. I have the retainers too, if you like. I'll throw them in. Richard and the folks at WCCH, boxed all of that stuff up real nice. Let me know.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 02-28-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by z0sicktanner
Thanks Howie
Always good to hear from you Chad. Boots yet ?????

DH
Old 02-28-2013, 12:20 AM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
Always good to hear from you Chad. Boots yet ?????

DH
Thanks Howie I enjoy this forum alot better now I will keep all of you updated on anything I find out. in bold Yes those blocks are really heavy...too funny man

Last edited by z0sicktanner; 02-28-2013 at 12:31 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] WCCH Track Data !!!!