Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Tilton Slave with Exedy Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 08:41 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Default Tilton Slave with Exedy Clutch

I currently have an LS9X with the Katech Tilton slave and Tick master cylinder setup. I pulled the driveline apart yesterday and discovered that the pressure plate is shot.

I still have my old Exedy clutch that was working fine sitting around and am wondering if I can just put that back in. However, I think that the overall depths are different between the Exedy and LS9X and the stock slaves are different lengths with a ZR1 and a Z06.

I'm happy with the slave/master that is in there now so my question is does anyone know if they will work with the Exedy clutch/flywheel/pp or does the Tilton slave also need to be a different length?

I can call Jason on Monday but I have the car torn apart today and was hoping to make some more progress.

P.S. I originally pulled the Exedy because I wanted something more streetable but with the Stage 3 cam frankly I don't think it matters.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:09 AM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I was told the slave is specific to the Katech set up. They gave Tilton the dimensions they wanted it was built. Jason told me I could use it with their clutch and when I asked it it would work with another clutch I was looking at, he said it would not.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Thanks WhiteDiamond.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:34 PM
wstaab
Drifting

Received 214 Likes on 129 Posts

What slave cylinder were you using with the EXEDY clutch?
I am assuming is was a dual disk clutch.
The Katech Tilton slave assembly is the same installed height as a stock ZR1 clutch. It also uses the Tilton treaded collar designed for mounting over the transmission input shaft. The threaded collar is pressed on to the billet aluminum mount. The slave is threaded onto the collar and uses a anti-rotation bolt. The height of the slave is adjustable with a longer anti rotaion screw. If the stack height of the Exedy is less than the LS9 you can adjust the slave to work. If the stack height is more than the LS9 clutch with the Exedy clutch then the Katech Tilton slave will not work without modification.
You are welcome to call me if you have more questions: 404-867-5110

Old 03-24-2013, 01:59 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

wstaab,

I may take you up on the offer for additional information as well. I really wanted that slave in my car to eliminate any issues, but was a bit bummed with the info I got.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Superbee
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
I currently have an LS9X with the Katech Tilton slave and Tick master cylinder setup. I pulled the driveline apart yesterday and discovered that the pressure plate is shot.

I still have my old Exedy clutch that was working fine sitting around and am wondering if I can just put that back in. However, I think that the overall depths are different between the Exedy and LS9X and the stock slaves are different lengths with a ZR1 and a Z06.

I'm happy with the slave/master that is in there now so my question is does anyone know if they will work with the Exedy clutch/flywheel/pp or does the Tilton slave also need to be a different length?

I can call Jason on Monday but I have the car torn apart today and was hoping to make some more progress.

P.S. I originally pulled the Exedy because I wanted something more streetable but with the Stage 3 cam frankly I don't think it matters.
could you expand on the pressure plate is shot, any chance the rivets have let go

Get notified of new replies

To Tilton Slave with Exedy Clutch

Quick Reply: [Z06] Tilton Slave with Exedy Clutch