Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Supercharging a 427 Vert

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 01:11 PM
harris48cars
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Supercharging a 427 Vert

If I supercharged my 2013 427 convertible I would use the Edelbrock set up. It looks like it came on the car. I'm not a hot rodder but I like to tinker with my cars and bikes. Don't need the extra power. But I want to say I have it. My question though is this a good Idea for this car. I'm reading different opinions on reliability with the 427. Again I have no intentions of ragging my car out. My biggest concern is if it will devalue the car. While it may not go up in value I'm thinking it will hold it's value over the short term and I may want to sell it in the next couple of years. What do you guys think?
Gary
Old 03-26-2013, 01:33 PM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Personally, I find the 427 very appealing because it happens to be naturally aspirated. And if I didn't have a Z06 already, there's a good chance that I would've jumped at the 427 vert. I mean, the looks of a wide bodied vert with a 427 from the factory? You gotta love that!

I could see myself supercharging a GS vert but I'd definitely keep the 427 vert stock if I were in your shoes.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:09 PM
C6z06man
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Just remember aftermarket parts dont really help the resale of the car. It's one of those "It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it" kind of things. I don't see it hurting the value but you definitely will not get out what you put into it.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:46 PM
ibleedgreen
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by C6z06man
Just remember aftermarket parts dont really help the resale of the car. It's one of those "It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it" kind of things. I don't see it hurting the value but you definitely will not get out what you put into it.
That's the nice thing about a blower, it's bolts off the same way it bolted on. Just remove it when you want to sell it and you will get at least 75% of your money back.

I've looked into roots and centrifugal for the 427. Very simple and safe way of getting more power if tuned properly. I thought the Whipple 2.9 would be sweet and different but there seem to be some heat issues. The ECS seems to be a solid setup. Or go the Vortech route. Either way it's a blast to drive with one. Have fun.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:06 PM
dstiger
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17

my experience is whomever wants your car after you- usually want it stock, or they are not willing to pay for "your mods"
I know a place llike car max will not sell a modified from original car, all things considered. They will buy yours, then sell it at auction.

good luck
Old 03-26-2013, 05:47 PM
tigertank
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive heard u can only run 8 psi or safely ?? dont kno much about it i like to build N/A cars to run!!

Get notified of new replies

To Supercharging a 427 Vert

Quick Reply: [Z06] Supercharging a 427 Vert