Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 w/ Torquer vs. 2014 GTR

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 05:16 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Lavender
How do you live with yourself than?
How does this make any sense what so ever?

I am a car enthusiast. I own a Mercedes C63 AMG too... should I go down the hall to that forum as well? I also have a 996... maybe the Porsche forums miss me as well?
Old 05-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by propain
You ignorantly brought up the 2013 GT500 and said the only difference was 100lb's in weight from the KR and asked how I felt the performance would differ.

I pointed to a 2013 GT500 60-130 with an equal and BEST REPORTED EVER 60-130 in a stock Z06. I don't think you would need much intellect to figure out what I was trying to say but I will spell it out.

Given the 2013 GT500 has WAY more power and is lighter obviously it would be a much better match for the Z06 in a roll race. With that one could easily deduce that the KR with much less power and more weight would be inferior to that car and thus the 2013 GT500 would beat it.

Again, for the impaired I didn't say the KR beat the Z06. I said from a 60-130+ roll it was pretty close. The stock Z06 being ahead by about 1 to 1 1/2 cars. I was driving the KR and know very much how to drive (better than your magazine reading skills lol) and the guy in the Z06 didn't own one as it was probably his 3rd time driving it. He is a good driver though.

Hope that clears it up for you.
I find your condescending reply to be funny when your answer wasn't even relevant towards the question. I asked about a GT500 vs your KR and you post about a GT500 vs a Z06.

But interestingly enough, your answer also proved the point being made.

Your data proves that a 2013 GT500 is competitive with a Z06 from a roll. Even though it was handpicked benchmark that required the Z06 to have an extra shift (just barely into 4th) it suggests that 60-130 is equal, though to 160 is probably a different story. Anyway, point is, folks know its a drivers race between these two cars.

A 2013 GT500 with 100lbs less weight and over 100hp more than a KR will demolish a KR. And given how the Z06 competes with a GT500, it will smash the KR in a similar fashion.

You seem to understand this, given your 'helpful' explanation, so it really is unclear what you're trying to prove about your KR. Are you trying to prove that it doesn't get as badly beaten as everyone thinks it does? Despite the fact that no data or facts suggests it would be even close?

The KR isn't close to a Z06, hell, it isn't even in the same league. If the GT500, GTR, and Z06 were in the Pros, the KR is on the minor league practice squad and maybe bench warmer at best. Sorry, I don't think any amount of sugar coating can make the KR look good against the rest of the cars discussed here.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:36 PM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I didn't say you weren't being honest. Just said that's the rule of thumb on SVTP.
I don't have blind faith I've seen first hand stock what a GTR is capable of and GT500 do against a 487whp Z. I have no excuses for a 515whp Z against a stock new GTR, the Z06 is clearly the faster car. I don't know what's so hard to get about that. And I'll run any new GTR from a roll and prove it. I didn't bother at that event because I knew itd be a complete waste of time and I'd rather of ran other cars there

Now I am not being honest?? I ran it heads up. I report my findings. LOL.

What I find funny is your guys blind faith in the Z06 in this thread verse a GTR and all the excuses yet I report my results when racing my Z06 against my GT500 and you call it a lie. and I said I lost!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:05 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Jawnathin
I find your condescending reply to be funny when your answer wasn't even relevant towards the question. I asked about a GT500 vs your KR and you post about a GT500 vs a Z06.

But interestingly enough, your answer also proved the point being made.

Your data proves that a 2013 GT500 is competitive with a Z06 from a roll. Even though it was handpicked benchmark that required the Z06 to have an extra shift (just barely into 4th) it suggests that 60-130 is equal, though to 160 is probably a different story. Anyway, point is, folks know its a drivers race between these two cars.

A 2013 GT500 with 100lbs less weight and over 100hp more than a KR will demolish a KR. And given how the Z06 competes with a GT500, it will smash the KR in a similar fashion.

You seem to understand this, given your 'helpful' explanation, so it really is unclear what you're trying to prove about your KR. Are you trying to prove that it doesn't get as badly beaten as everyone thinks it does? Despite the fact that no data or facts suggests it would be even close?

The KR isn't close to a Z06, hell, it isn't even in the same league. If the GT500, GTR, and Z06 were in the Pros, the KR is on the minor league practice squad and maybe bench warmer at best. Sorry, I don't think any amount of sugar coating can make the KR look good against the rest of the cars discussed here.
You are the only one with problem against the KR and trying to troll about it. Your reply amuses me though as you think I am bothered by you insult of the KR. I bought the KR as a collectors car. It only has maybe 500 miles on it. Your opinion of it doesn't concern me.

Your stats are purely based on the Internet behind your little desk. I look at the fast list and I don't see your name on it. What experience do you have other than owning a z06 and surfing the web? Car to share where the wealth of knowledge comes from? Lol

At least Drew offers up real world experience. It doesnt mean it makes his races fact either as we see different results in different places. The 3 way video is a good example. The GTR traps almost the same as the z06. The fast list also shows lower numbers on the average as well putting a stock 2012 and above on par with the z06. Yet drews video shows he was out on a gtr and ahead by 10 cars. Now that doesn't make sense but there is no more data so it is what it is.

Either way. You add nothing I cant read in a magazine so why not come back when you have real world experience to add.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:16 PM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

The one I raced was a 2011 not 2012, it wouldn't of been as bad obviously but still would of been bad just going off how bad I beat the 2011 GTR and 2013 GT500
Old 05-01-2013, 07:34 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by LS7 DREW
The one I raced was a 2011 not 2012, it wouldn't of been as bad obviously but still would of been bad just going off how bad I beat the 2011 GTR and 2013 GT500
Lol. Sorry. Way to much talk in this thread. Yes I can see how the 2011 would be as much of a beat. Sort of. The 2012 would be a lot closer. The 2013 gt500 on par with stock z06 from a roll so yeah your modded so I can see you winning there as well.

This thread has gotten silly. Real world trumps all. I can only share my experience and listen to others with experience as well.

Curious. Where was the race with the gtr? What was the DA? Did the gtr run a lot before your run?
Old 05-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

You are the only one with problem against the KR and trying to troll about it. Your reply amuses me though as you think I am bothered by you insult of the KR. I bought the KR as a collectors car. It only has maybe 500 miles on it. Your opinion of it doesn't concern me.

Your stats are purely based on the Internet behind your little desk. I look at the fast list and I don't see your name on it. What experience do you have other than owning a z06 and surfing the web? Car to share where the wealth of knowledge comes from? Lol

At least Drew offers up real world experience. It doesnt mean it makes his races fact either as we see different results in different places. The 3 way video is a good example. The GTR traps almost the same as the z06. The fast list also shows lower numbers on the average as well putting a stock 2012 and above on par with the z06. Yet drews video shows he was out on a gtr and ahead by 10 cars. Now that doesn't make sense but there is no more data so it is what it is.

Either way. You add nothing I cant read in a magazine so why not come back when you have real world experience to add.
I'm not trying to bother you or upset you, I'm just speaking the truth. Though it is clear there were some unintended consequences as your butthurt is plainly obvious.

You seem to think I have a problem with the KR? Ummmm, nope. Why would I? To be blunt, it was very much a forgettable car and I've given it no thought until you brought it up in this thread.

When was the last time someone brought up a KR in a discussion around here? Never. Why? Because its slow.

Who is out there begging for a new version of a KR based on the 2013 model? No one. Why? Because no one cared about the last one to begin with.

When was the last time I saw a KR out on the street? Never. Why? Because no one bothered to buy one.

Seriously, it is a forgettable car and you're better spent keeping details about the ownership to yourself. It is like a dirty little secret.

Anyway, if it makes you feel better, continue hiding behind the facade that somehow I need to race a KR to know what it is truly capable of. A high 12 and 114mph trap speed speaks for itself.

I also find it humorous you reference a magazine test to support your point but berate me for using a magazine test to support my point. I guess some people can have it both ways

The GTR beat down by Drew and in Jersey's race has been thoroughly explained. I'm not sure why it is such a difficult concept for you to grasp.

Interestingly enough, if you think about how bad those GTRs were beaten by their Z06s. Where do you think your KR stacks up? 10 bus lengths?
Old 05-01-2013, 07:45 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

I am a troll and offer nothing but insults and bull. I have no race experience unless you consider me riding around in my office chair. Sadly, I am just a clown on the internet who likes to act like an expert yet has ZERO experience in real world racing. Sad but true.
Well at least you admit it.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Well at least you admit it.
Good one! The way you approach things is quite funny.

In a discussion about GTRs, Z06s, and 2013 GT500s, cars that run 11s and trap 120s, you bring up the forgettable KR as if it was a contender.

When folks disagree and use FACTs to suggest your KR is indeed too slow to be in the same discussion, you cry, are unable to debate said facts, and try make it personal.

Yup, handled like a true winner. I guess the owner isn't much different from the KR itself. Talks big (540hp!!! omg!!!) and is a disappointment (12.8s, ).

Is there any other 540hp car as slow as a KR?
Old 05-01-2013, 08:04 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Good one! The way you approach things is quite funny.

In a discussion about GTRs, Z06s, and 2013 GT500s, cars that run 11s and trap 120s, you bring up the forgettable KR as if it was a contender.

When folks disagree and use FACTs to suggest your KR is indeed too slow to be in the same discussion, you cry, are unable to debate said facts, and try make it personal.

Yup, handled like a true winner. I guess the owner isn't much different from the KR itself. Talks big (540hp!!! omg!!!) and is a disappointment (12.8s, ).

Is there any other 540hp car as slow as a KR?
What's funny is I purchased the GT500KR because I wanted it. Its just another car for me. One of many I own. Im sure you saved up all your little pennies for your Z06... which I own as well ya silly little man... which I actually race and I'm #4 fastest stock on the fast list..... which I can't seem to find your name on... If anyone is laughing my little friend its me.

What's even more funny is I can sell the KR today for more than I bought it for. Hows the value of your Z06 doing? Drop an exhaust valve yet!

Let me know when you can actually compete with me on any level little guy. Until then ill just ignore your BS

Last edited by propain; 05-01-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:09 PM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

No idea on the DA it was at shift s3ctor in coalinga, CA. It was early that run so maybe in the 60s Or low 70s at that point. It was the first run of the day. 12 closer ya but not that close considering its suppose to be slower than 13 GT500 according to GTR owners and the race posted earlier in this thread of a 13 GT500 vs 13 GTR.
Lol. Sorry. Way to much talk in this thread. Yes I can see how the 2011 would be as much of a beat. Sort of. The 2012 would be a lot closer. The 2013 gt500 on par with stock z06 from a roll so yeah your modded so I can see you winning there as well.

This thread has gotten silly. Real world trumps all. I can only share my experience and listen to others with experience as well.

Curious. Where was the race with the gtr? What was the DA? Did the gtr run a lot before your run?
Old 05-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

What's funny is I purchased the GT500KR because I wanted it. Its just another car for me. One of many I own. Im sure you saved up all your little pennies for your Z06... which I own as well ya silly little man... which I actually race and I'm #4 fastest stock on the fast list..... which I can't seem to find your name on... If anyone is laughing my little friend its me.

What's even more funny is I can sell the KR today for more than I bought it for. Hows the value of your Z06 doing? Drop an exhaust valve yet!

Let me know when you can actually compete with me on any level little guy. Until then ill just ignore your BS
Now it gets even better.

Due to your inability to prove the KR is relevant at the performance levels in this discussion, you bring up distractions like resale value and exhaust valves. Good one . Its okay, its not your fault. It isn't a personal deficiency, it really is the car at fault here. It was never relevant, back when it was new much less 5 years later.

I applaud you for your wise investment, it is clear that KRs are such collectors items. Look, it only depreciated 25k! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-2dr-Coupe-2009-Ford-MUSTANG-SHELBY-GT500-KR-Only-4k-Miles-COLLECTOR-QUALITY-The-NICEST1-/350783038011?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item51ac4c623b#ht_14210wt_1010
I guess that stunning review really sealed the deal

"Honestly, the GT500KR is a machine sold on its name alone. There's nothing here that justifies this kind of asking price — a fact that should be more embarrassing to Ford than any fault we found with the Vette will be to GM."

And my exhaust valves are doing great, thanks for asking. Maybe if I drop one your KR might have a chance against a Z06, otherwise, I hope you enjoy taillights. But don't get too comfortable, when a Z06 has pulled 20 bus lengths on your KR they might be hard to see.

I find it funny how proud you are about being on the 'Fast List'. Wow, 4th place, that would ALMOST get you a ribbon and you would be first in line to see the winners on a podium. That is really cool.

How many sponsors do you have? When will I see you next on TV? Most importantly, can you explain how being on this list make your KR not slow and relevant?
Old 05-01-2013, 09:06 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

No idea on the DA it was at shift s3ctor in coalinga, CA. It was early that run so maybe in the 60s Or low 70s at that point. It was the first run of the day. 12 closer ya but not that close considering its suppose to be slower than 13 GT500 according to GTR owners and the race posted earlier in this thread of a 13 GT500 vs 13 GTR.

Hard to go by one race... but I hear ya.

looks like the GTR won but the GT500 was coming on hard at the end.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:15 PM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Hard to go by one race... but I hear ya.

looks like the GTR won but the GT500 was coming on hard at the end.
And this is how I did against a 13 GT500 at the same event/location, different day and GT500 tho.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:20 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

And this is how I did against a 13 GT500 at the same event/location, different day and GT500 tho.

Don't know why it didnt post it but I pasted in youtube. As expected for your mods id say.

Nice work.

I'd like to see a stock vs stock match up or you verse a 2013-14 GTR

Last edited by propain; 05-01-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:44 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

For the love of god leave it alone.Gtr,2012 to 2014, beats mustang shelby any year and z06 any year all cars stock ,in a drag race.Stock the way the company puts them for sale down to the tires.That is the sad truth so pull out your kleenex box boys and wipe those tears.z06 is very fast in a roll race from 40 mph and up but from a dig its the gtr all the way.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:50 PM
oicw
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesus guys, no need to argue till you're blue! It was a STREET RACE, under uncontrolled conditions, including driver readiness. You have a driver (GTR) that barely knows his car.

If the OP said he out-trapped a perfectly broken in '14 GTR, on a perfectly prepped track, by 10 mph. THEN we have a problem. Otherwise, on the street, with a power/weight ratio that hugely favours the Vette, what's so hard to believe?

10 cars can be 140', or 0.8 seconds at 120 mph. Not THAT far apart!

On the street you can have a good drive in an STi dust an inexperienced Z06. Is it worth getting your face red over that?

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 w/ Torquer vs. 2014 GTR

Old 05-02-2013, 01:50 AM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

it obvious this guy hasn't mastered driving his car yet. A stock 2014 almost runs 10 stock so there is no way you beating one unless the driver sucked azz.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:20 AM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by NC_427_Vert
it obvious this guy hasn't mastered driving his car yet. A stock 2014 almost runs 10 stock so there is no way you beating one unless the driver sucked azz.

What does running 10s has to do with the roll race between the OP and a 2014 GTR?
Old 05-02-2013, 06:18 AM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Lavender it means a lot the gtr pulls like a train in the bottom gears and even rolling from 20 mph the vette will spin and the gtr will pull ahead.There is no way in such a short distance he can come back and be 10 cars ahead with the vette.I m not even sure a Veyron could accomplish such a feat.Is his vette a car that traps 140mph?I dont think so.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 w/ Torquer vs. 2014 GTR