Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Hey Whats my 07 Z06 Worth ... Your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 02:55 PM
FromStock2FastZ06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Whats my 07 Z06 Worth ... Your opinion

Hey so here the Story

I bought a 07 z From the auction
title was a (flood) Title is now a Rebuilt Il title

its yellow
2lz
navi
hud
47k miles very clean body and interior

When i bought the car it showed no signs of life,
I found the insurance card of the previous owner found his number on google called him and tried to find out what happened to the car.
He told me it was sitting in front of the house and Storm came and it got flooded , he said motor and trans are perfect so that gave me inspration to get starded .

After i got the car home Stripped the whole interior to bare metal and
changed all of the harnesses, computers, ecm ,bcm modules , carpets everything from "sammy burkes" he was a real big help to me with this car.

I bought new seats from Adam aka SilveradoSS500 from Texas Not only Gave me a bad *** deal on the seats but sent them priority and covered about 200 dollars of the shipping
I cant seem to thank him enough

Afterwards i got All of the computers and fobs programmed
Car starded up like a charm

No check engine lights engine sounded perfect i was real happy
But when i tried Putting it in gear it wouldnt go in ....
Diagnosed it to be a rusted pilot bearing,
Bought a whole clutch kit w slave cylinder and new master . from Anderson chevy and bought a remote bleeder kit from Speed Inc

Changed the clutch and Were back in business car shifted perfect and drives real well

took the car to a state saftey inspection = passed with flying colors
then the car went to the IL state police inspection = also passed with flying colors

Ive put about 1000 miles on it allready
so far so good Its driving perfect no hickups

car was fixed the right way and not fixed using electrical connector cleaner and posted for sale

My questions to you all is do you think me asking 30k for it is reasonable ? I know what i Have in the car and what it would be worth if it were clean title,I just wanted to hear other C6z owners opinion

Please dont come in here to bash me or flood cars Im just asking for an honest opinion

Last edited by FromStock2FastZ06; 05-09-2013 at 11:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-09-2013, 02:58 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by FromStock2FastZ06
Hey so here the Story

title was a (flood)

its yellow
2lz
navi
hud

I found the insurance card of the previous owner found his number on google called him and tried to find out what happened to the car.
He told me it was sitting in front of the house and Storm came and it got flooded , he said motor and trans are perfect so that gave me inspration to get starded .

changed all of the harnesses, computers, ecm ,bcm modules , carpets everything from "sammy burkes" he was a real big help to me with this car.

I bought new seats from Adam aka from Texas

But when i tried Putting it in gear it would go in ....
Bought a whole clutch kit w slave cylinder and new master . from Anderson chevy and bought a remote bleeder kit from Speed Inc

Changed the clutch and Were back in business car shifted perfect and drives real well

then the car went to the IL state police inspection = also passed with flying colors

car was fixed the right way and not fixed using electrical connector cleaner and posted for sale

My questions to you all is do you think me asking 30k for it is reasonable ? I know what i Have in the car and what it would be worth if it were clean title,I just wanted to hear other C6z owners opinion

Please dont come in here to bash me or flood cars Im just asking for an honest opinion

Tough sale. High miles. Flood/Salvage title. Just keep it because I am sure you will have a very hard time selling it. Personally I wouldn't pay more than 20K for it.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:15 PM
GMuffley
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think $30K is a stretch.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:57 PM
SilveradoSS500
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Good luck buddy!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:05 PM
FromStock2FastZ06
Advanced

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
Good luck buddy!
Thanks man
Old 05-09-2013, 04:18 PM
1320IN9
Le Mans Master

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

To be honest a rebuilt title will knock 50% off the current value, I have dealt with salvage rebuilt cars before, yes the car may look run and drive perfect but the rebuilt factor kills the value, that's just how it works. Probably worth $22,000 better off just keeping it
Old 05-09-2013, 04:27 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah right 22k.You trying to steal his car or what?Show me a c6 z06 for 22k i dont care what branded title it has.The car runs an ls7 alone is 15k to replace.Now to the op i m a dealer and own a z06 your car is worth $28000 all day long.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:28 PM
jedblanks
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Seems to me that if the car is rebuilt title and you don't plan on keeping it, then you might get more money parting it out.

Heck the motor with 47k is probably worth a good chunk of change (esp to a forum member with a dropped valve).

Then you have all the other items to recover the rest of the value.

Of course you've already spend all the time restoring it, so it may be to late to go that route.

Or you can keep and drive a great Z for cheap.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Fifedogg
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I bet you could get $25k out of it. Still a lot of car for $25k IMO especially if your planning on making it a race car.

I would keep it and just enjoy the car if it were me.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:34 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by camirocz
Yeah right 22k.You trying to steal his car or what?Show me a c6 z06 for 22k i dont care what branded title it has.The car runs an ls7 alone is 15k to replace.Now to the op i m a dealer and own a z06 your car is worth $28000 all day long.
The guy has a Z06 with 40K+ miles on it that was submerged in salt water during Sandy.

Worth 28K.... The only thing of worth is the Longblock and thats a maybe... I live in the area where Sandy hit. 4-6 feet of water was common. Go out to your Z06 and take a tape measure and hold 4-6 feet up to your car. He will get 20-22K at best.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:22 PM
FromStock2FastZ06
Advanced

Thanks for the input guys keep it coming !
Here's why the car will be posted up for sale,
I had a baby Boy almost 3 month's ago , so I said its time to buy a house and ditch rent, I hate to sell the car I love it , I love people breaking their necks when I drive by I made a offer on a house and it went through, got a very good deal and my closing is in 2
weeks . I'm forced to sell the z and my stretched gsxr 1000 , I know as soon as I get back on my feet I'll be driving another Z
Old 05-09-2013, 05:31 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

iF IT RUNS AND IT LOOKS GOOD HE LL GET 28 K .Now go concentrate on what your knowledgeable about .
Old 05-09-2013, 07:06 PM
KING_PIN6
Racer

Originally Posted by FromStock2FastZ06
Hey so here the Story

title was a (flood) Title is now a Rebuilt Il title

its yellow
2lz
navi
hud

I bought new seats from Adam aka SilveradoSS500 from Texas Not only Gave me a bad *** deal on the seats but sent them priority and covered aboth 200 dollars of the shipping
I cant seem to thank him enough

But when i tried Putting it in gear it would go in ....

i think im having same problem as you had with my clutch..at neutral i press the clutch but the car wont shift to any gears i should press the clutch 2nd 3rd time then it will go shift to any gear...

so what did you do to exactly to solve the problem??????
Old 05-09-2013, 07:46 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by KING_PIN6
i think im having same problem as you had with my clutch..at neutral i press the clutch but the car wont shift to any gears i should press the clutch 2nd 3rd time then it will go shift to any gear...

so what did you do to exactly to solve the problem??????

Old 05-09-2013, 08:10 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

iF IT RUNS AND IT LOOKS GOOD HE LL GET 28 K .Now go concentrate on what your knowledgeable about .
We shall see. Hopefully he keeps us updated.

Just an FYI there is absolutely nothing worse than you can do to a car then submerge it in salt water. It pretty much destroys everything it touches. The Z06 is so low to the ground its safe to say the entire car was close to submerged.

Like I said, PERSONALLY I wouldn't pay more than 20K for it but in actuality I would run away from it as fast as I could. But you never know, some people will do anything to get in one of these cars.

Now go sell some more cars Mr. Salesmen.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:59 PM
FromStock2FastZ06
Advanced

I will keep you guys updated, ill post it on ebay in the next couple days and we'll see how it plays out ...
Old 05-10-2013, 12:23 AM
phillie356
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then offer him 28k....cause no one else in their right mind will

Get notified of new replies

To Hey Whats my 07 Z06 Worth ... Your opinion

Old 05-10-2013, 12:41 AM
FromStock2FastZ06
Advanced

who on here has bought a c6z from the auction before??
what year was it? damage? and how much did you pay ? Just wondering......
Old 05-10-2013, 02:41 AM
kotik
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 22 Posts

maybe 25k? You have to be looking for a young kid. At 28k he would be looking at a new 370z, but if you offer your car at 25k then you might swing him.

Yellow is a hard color to sell as well... shoot, if i could live with that color i could have gotten such a better deal on a Z, they go for dirt cheap.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:24 AM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by kotik
maybe 25k? You have to be looking for a young kid. At 28k he would be looking at a new 370z, but if you offer your car at 25k then you might swing him.

Yellow is a hard color to sell as well... shoot, if i could live with that color i could have gotten such a better deal on a Z, they go for dirt cheap.

Yes, yellow Z06's are normally lower in sale price. When I was shopping for a Z06 I think it was 2-3K less for the same car.

What are the options in the car?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Hey Whats my 07 Z06 Worth ... Your opinion