Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Whats next for the C6Z06 at the dragstrip? 10s stock, bolt on 9's,8's w/man trans,6's

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Rick@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Wow, Fartpipe was alive? Nice you have you back.......
Old 06-20-2013, 11:06 AM
C5kid
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

" We knew it would be fast. But now we know exactly how fast: the C7 does the zero to 60 mph dash in a mere 3.8 seconds. That puts it .4 seconds faster than the old Corvette and just .1 seconds slower than the outgoing Z06."

Look out Z06 boys, the Stringray is nipping at your heals....

http://jalopnik.com/the-2014-corvett...-3-8-515993126
Old 06-20-2013, 11:08 AM
propain
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Thank you for this thread. I look forward to putting this whole issue in my rearview very soon along with all the drama associated with it. I assure you once I make my decision I won't become like some and continue to drive MY decision on others. I just want what's best for my car.

My future goals after mods are 9's!! I might take another crack at Rangers record though before I do the mods!

Last edited by propain; 06-20-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:23 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by C5kid
" We knew it would be fast. But now we know exactly how fast: the C7 does the zero to 60 mph dash in a mere 3.8 seconds. That puts it .4 seconds faster than the old Corvette and just .1 seconds slower than the outgoing Z06."

Who cares?? We have Titanium exhaust valves though .....well I use to, not anymore.

Seriously, any 0-60 test numbers close to that is a drivers race, even the ZR1 at 3.4. Launch is everything at this point
Old 06-20-2013, 11:35 AM
C5kid
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by RedZ4me
Who cares?? t
Fartpipe cares!!! He's going to be the first one moon walking that C7 down the drag strip.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Devilish34
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C5kid

Why you gotta be like that
Old 06-20-2013, 11:52 AM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Fartpipe

Who's Gary?
Your daddy
Old 06-20-2013, 12:11 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick@RKT56
I thought he became a ricer or a used car salesmen. "Fartpipe slightly used quarter mile Exotic's"
Old 06-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by FSTFRC
I thought he became a ricer or a used car salesmen. "Fartpipe slightly used quarter mile Exotic's"
That actually has a good ring to it!!
Old 06-20-2013, 03:12 PM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Sébast19X
Funny stuff above !!!!

For sure, my personal goal, stay the same. 9.7X cam only, stock untouched heads.

Oh and the C7 are not availaible to canada before 2020. We are always later here ....

Seb
Good to see you post Seb. Still thinking about spraying your way to 8s? That would be sweet mon ami. Since the M&Hs have been discontinued, have you thought about another tire? I'll ship you my old ones as long as you pay the freight charges.
Originally Posted by Rick@RKT56
I see that poor Bruce is deceased with your tense of the verb.
I knew I liked you when I met you at the November MIR rental.
Who's Gary?
Originally Posted by LS7 DREW
Your daddy
Actually a very
Old 06-20-2013, 04:25 PM
kilr4d
Pro

OR.... is it over? Go buy a C7, GTR, Viper, Prius OR A GT500 OMFG! and move on? Is it that bad in here? No coming back? The C6Z06 has accomplished it all and nothing surprises us anymore?
I'm car shopping right now and asking myself those same questions. Here's what I'm working through in the order that you posted them....

C7. It's awful, ugly, cheap and plasticky. Flat fenders, narrow tires, same awful seat base cushion, terribly cheap interior materials and a general embarrassment to Chevrolet from the $0.30 airbag cover to the $4.00 wall of plastic on the back of the car. After owning a pair of C6 Z06's and a C6 ZR1, I can't believe how bad the C7 is. If you want to be completely horrified, sit in a C7 and then wander into a Volkswagen dealer and sit in a $34K Golf R...look at the seats, switch gear, controls, ergonomics, materials, door panels, gauges, lighting, steering wheel, etc. It is truly depressing....no other word for it. I've given the General a lot of my money over the years, but I draw the line at the C7. Every interior designer that works for GM should be forced to drive one of those for a week with the clear understanding that VW sells them quite profitably at $34K or less.

GTR. Faster than it should be. No soul, sounds terrible, looks like a high top running shoe. Stupid fast, but expensive to mod. Cheap Nissan interior...don't understand why they couldn't have taken some parts from the Infinity line for the price they charge. 2013's will run high 10's showroom stock, but I just can't wrap my arms around the styling. AWD rules on the street and if you meet one, their consistent no brainer performance is probably going to leave you looking at tail lights.

Viper. I had a Gen IV coupe and I really liked that car. Fast, hairy, unpredictable, rare, exotic looking and always a blast to drive. Great seats in a cheap, bargain basement interior with awful switches/controls/radio from an old Neon. Not a long distance touring car with the offset pedals, but hella fun for a fair weather toy. I would probably still own my Gen IV if big aftermarket support was available, but it's not. The Gen V looks to be bigger/better/faster/stronger in every respect and I really like the higher end/exotic feel that they've given the interior. Those Sabelt seats are no joke. The upcoming ACR will be stupid fast.

GT500. There's no way to justify the price of the 2013/2014's, but I've been giving serious thought to a 2011/2012. The interior is passable, the Recaro's are amazing, great electronics if you like Sync and $15K in mods (blower swap, full exhaust, suspension, brakes, weight reduction) gets you a pretty nasty 4 passenger car.

C6 Z06. Bang for the buck king the day it was introduced and it just keeps getting better. Light, fast, strong, the almighty LS7, big brakes, etc. Never ending choices of aftermarket heads, cams, intakes, exhausts, clutches, wheels/tires/brakes, suspension mods, interior upgrades, electronics, etc. Still as sexy (sexier?) as it was the day it was introduced. H/C/I C6 Z06 with long tubes, x-pipe and aftermarket exhaust is still one of the greatest cars on the street. That car will always have a rabid fan base and rightly so.

Is the C6 Z06 still surprising? Well, not really....but that's because there is SO MUCH support for it that every part, every nut and every bolt can be personalized to the owner's taste and budget. I think we're now into diminishing returns in the evolution of C6 Z06 mods but goddamn it's a great car.

Give up on the C6 Z06? Sounds great to me...I would LOVE to have the market flooded with cheap, used Z06's for me to choose from.

As a matter of fact, all Z06 owners should immediately sell their cars for cheap before the bottom (or valves) fall out.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Devilish34
Burning Brakes

Whose car is this
Old 06-20-2013, 04:44 PM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Devilish34
Great! 3:40 of two passes culminating in mid and high 10 second runs at 150+ mph. Bravo. Well done.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:47 PM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by kilr4d
I'm car shopping right now and asking myself those same questions. Here's what I'm working through in the order that you posted them....

C7. It's awful, ugly, cheap and plasticky. Flat fenders, narrow tires, same awful seat base cushion, terribly cheap interior materials and a general embarrassment to Chevrolet from the $0.30 airbag cover to the $4.00 wall of plastic on the back of the car. After owning a pair of C6 Z06's and a C6 ZR1, I can't believe how bad the C7 is. If you want to be completely horrified, sit in a C7 and then wander into a Volkswagen dealer and sit in a $34K Golf R...look at the seats, switch gear, controls, ergonomics, materials, door panels, gauges, lighting, steering wheel, etc. It is truly depressing....no other word for it. I've given the General a lot of my money over the years, but I draw the line at the C7. Every interior designer that works for GM should be forced to drive one of those for a week with the clear understanding that VW sells them quite profitably at $34K or less.

GTR. Faster than it should be. No soul, sounds terrible, looks like a high top running shoe. Stupid fast, but expensive to mod. Cheap Nissan interior...don't understand why they couldn't have taken some parts from the Infinity line for the price they charge. 2013's will run high 10's showroom stock, but I just can't wrap my arms around the styling. AWD rules on the street and if you meet one, their consistent no brainer performance is probably going to leave you looking at tail lights.

Viper. I had a Gen IV coupe and I really liked that car. Fast, hairy, unpredictable, rare, exotic looking and always a blast to drive. Great seats in a cheap, bargain basement interior with awful switches/controls/radio from an old Neon. Not a long distance touring car with the offset pedals, but hella fun for a fair weather toy. I would probably still own my Gen IV if big aftermarket support was available, but it's not. The Gen V looks to be bigger/better/faster/stronger in every respect and I really like the higher end/exotic feel that they've given the interior. Those Sabelt seats are no joke. The upcoming ACR will be stupid fast.

GT500. There's no way to justify the price of the 2013/2014's, but I've been giving serious thought to a 2011/2012. The interior is passable, the Recaro's are amazing, great electronics if you like Sync and $15K in mods (blower swap, full exhaust, suspension, brakes, weight reduction) gets you a pretty nasty 4 passenger car.

C6 Z06. Bang for the buck king the day it was introduced and it just keeps getting better. Light, fast, strong, the almighty LS7, big brakes, etc. Never ending choices of aftermarket heads, cams, intakes, exhausts, clutches, wheels/tires/brakes, suspension mods, interior upgrades, electronics, etc. Still as sexy (sexier?) as it was the day it was introduced. H/C/I C6 Z06 with long tubes, x-pipe and aftermarket exhaust is still one of the greatest cars on the street. That car will always have a rabid fan base and rightly so.

Is the C6 Z06 still surprising? Well, not really....but that's because there is SO MUCH support for it that every part, every nut and every bolt can be personalized to the owner's taste and budget. I think we're now into diminishing returns in the evolution of C6 Z06 mods but goddamn it's a great car.

Give up on the C6 Z06? Sounds great to me...I would LOVE to have the market flooded with cheap, used Z06's for me to choose from.

As a matter of fact, all Z06 owners should immediately sell their cars for cheap before the bottom (or valves) fall out.
Nice synopsis.
Bruce- I believe this gentleman has had more cars than you. Plus I like his reviews better.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:00 PM
kilr4d
Pro

Originally Posted by GARY2004Z06
Nice synopsis.
Thanks.

I have champagne tastes and a beer budget.

Since I can't have a TT Gallardo or Ford GT, all the cars Fartpipe mentioned are important to me.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Rick@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by GARY2004Z06
I see that poor Bruce is deceased with your tense of the verb.
I knew I liked you when I met you at the November MIR rental.
Likewise Gary!

I have call him Fatpipe and Fartpeep among others........
Old 06-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Turbosixx
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks.

I have champagne tastes and a beer budget.

Since I can't have a TT Gallardo or Ford GT, all the cars Fartpipe mentioned are important to me.
I now have a man crush on you sir. Well written summary of all the cars that I'm interested in.

Get notified of new replies

To Whats next for the C6Z06 at the dragstrip? 10s stock, bolt on 9's,8's w/man trans,6's

Old 06-20-2013, 08:29 PM
kilr4d
Pro

Originally Posted by Turbosixx
I now have a man crush on you sir. Well written summary of all the cars that I'm interested in.
Come sit in my lap and we'll talk about the first thing that comes up.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Turbosixx
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come sit in my lap and we'll talk about the first thing that comes up.
Lol. Whoa now!!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Devilish34
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by z0sicktanner

sorry but i thought it would fit..lol..on a side note I wish I could run their no cops. but I'm sure the DA would suck
I bet you could see Uranus with that thing

Quick Reply: [Z06] Whats next for the C6Z06 at the dragstrip? 10s stock, bolt on 9's,8's w/man trans,6's