Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] My Z06 is back from Ragin Racin

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 10:18 AM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Default My Z06 is back from Ragin Racin

As many of you may recall, I pulled the heads on my Z06 and sent them to Reher Morrison a long while back. In the process of getting that project back together, I made the choice of using Yella Terra roller rockers and one of the bolts snapped at the pedestal and I was not able to extract it. Due to time constraints and such, the Z06 went to Ragin Racin in Scott, LA and spent basically 2 months with Randy and crew. It does not take 2 months to do this work, but I requested Randy keep the car as long as he could while my wife and I moved our family from one city to another. This just kept the Z out of the numerous other items that required moving.

Randy kept me up to date on the progress and was actually finished with the car long before I picked it up. I had him install the Centerforce DYAD clutch during all of this and needed the engine mods tuned, so the milage needed on the clutch before some WOT was the issue. I went with the Stalker cam, Manley Nextek springs(heads already had everything else needed), Pfadt Tri-y's with hi flow cats, tunnel shield/plate, Halltech 107 intake, NW 102mm TB, and FAST 102mm LS7 intake. I kept all my stock pieces.

The stalker cam is perhaps a bit bigger than I am looking for, but I have become very happy with the sound and power. I do have problems getting from a dead stop to a roll smoothly at this time, but this may be more my issue than anything with the set up. Once moving, the power is intoxicating. I was not looking for a RPM monster, just strong torque through the mid-range and good manners. I think this cam delivers on those. The combination of the Pfadt headers, FAST intake and larger cam have created a much louder valve train than stock and that takes a bit of getting used too.

I drove the car home last week and have been driving it around the south Austin area in the 100+ degree heat. The manners are very good and it seems to run at the same temps in this heat as it did before all the work. I have seen 220 degrees coolant sitting at a light on a indicated 105 degree day, but it cools off quickly once moving. I did have Randy put the Hinson SCs engine mounts in and the Pfadt tranny mounts in. This has increased the noise inside the car only a bit. There is a bit more gear noise on take off due to these mounts as well, but once rolling, the Z has about the same sound level inside as it did before. The mounts increase the "feel" of the drivetrain only a minimal amount as well.

Over all, I am very happy with the results. I do have a video of the dyno pulls, but I have a new to me Samsung Phone with that video and a Apple MacBook Pro that used to connect to my iPhone easily....The samsung and apple aren't playing nice right now. I'll figure it out someday. Randy also has video of the car and may come in here and post.

Final numbers are 558rwhp and 522rwtq.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:51 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

very happy for you, post sound vids when you have time. Congrats on a successful car return
Old 07-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Buddy A
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

The FAST intake is much louder than the OEM. My car got quite a bit louder once the FAST was installed. Valve train sound.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:07 AM
JUSTAC6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking forward to a video.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:21 AM
ghoust
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

post the videos from the Samsung on youtube and then send us the link! Looking forward to the video.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Randy@RaginRacin
Supporting Vendor

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Great working with you Todd. He's a link to your dyno video.

RAGIN RACIN
Randy Leger
337-278-8397
sales@raginracin.com
http://www.raginracin.com

Old 07-05-2013, 10:42 AM
DaOtherOne
Melting Slicks

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

Nicely done
Old 07-05-2013, 11:35 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Congrats and Sounds Awesome! Glad you got things back together, I remember your thread where you had the issue with the Yella T rockers

Good to see you back on the road and those are some stout numbers

Quick question, did you do a 160 T-stat?
Old 07-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Polo-1
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

looking good
Old 07-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Randy@RaginRacin
Supporting Vendor

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To My Z06 is back from Ragin Racin

Quick Reply: [Z06] My Z06 is back from Ragin Racin