Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Anyone have warranty denied due to headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 01:25 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

And you make a very valid point here that most are not considering. There are 3 people involved you, the customer; the Dealer, a Franchise Owner and independent businessman who makes money on warranty work, and the GMPP rep who is protecting GMs rear.

There is an interplay that is at work that can get one persons problem fixed and another very similar problem not fixed.

That of course is why YRMV.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:36 PM
VETTEMANN
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are there any shortie headers that connect to the stock x-pipe and cats? I used to have a set of JBA on my C5. Liked them a lot.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:48 AM
Undy
Safety Car

Received 1,091 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTEMANN
Are there any shortie headers that connect to the stock x-pipe and cats? I used to have a set of JBA on my C5. Liked them a lot.
IMO, shorty headers would be a waste over and above the factory cast "shorty headers". If you want improvement then long tubes would be the only choice for HP gains.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:40 AM
u1arunit
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Undy
IMO, shorty headers would be a waste over and above the factory cast "shorty headers". If you want improvement then long tubes would be the only choice for HP gains.

Hell lots of people don't even think that long tubes are an improvement..that is until they get them and then they wonder why the hell they waited so long. I was one of them. Ha!

Mark
Old 09-27-2013, 09:06 AM
crAzy
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This thread worries me about my CAI I have on my car and voiding my 3rd party warranty. I have a MF103 which requires no tune at all. You think if my engine ever blew they could deny the claim due to having a CAI and saying it was the cause of a dropped valve?
Old 09-27-2013, 09:58 AM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

An independent warranty company is just that independent. They quite often have no reputation to protect and if they pay no claims and only collect premium the owners make out like the bandits they are.

However not all of them are created equal. I had an aftermarket warranty on my 94 Z07 coupe and they replaced a long block for me as well as a rear end. So again results will vary greatly.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:03 AM
crAzy
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pkincy
An independent warranty company is just that independent. They quite often have no reputation to protect and if they pay no claims and only collect premium the owners make out like the bandits they are.

However not all of them are created equal. I had an aftermarket warranty on my 94 Z07 coupe and they replaced a long block for me as well as a rear end. So again results will vary greatly.
They already replaced my whole AC system and that was $1800 including labor. I paid $2100 for 4 years/48K miles. So far I've put 13K miles on it. Lets hope they will warranty my head work as I might have some problems. If you check my thread at http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...n-my-06-a.html you might know the sound.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:00 PM
ghoust
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by u1arunit
Best reply EVER that I've seen on the Corvette forums!
F yea! +1
Old 09-28-2013, 05:47 PM
VETTEMANN
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Undy
Yeah, I know the doubts about shorties, but I had them on my C5 and liked them a lot - car seemed to breathe better in high RPMs.

But either way, I want headers that don't require a tune to avoid throwing codes. Maybe the Kooks cats are the only way to go?
Old 09-30-2013, 12:43 AM
VETTEMANN
Burning Brakes

Old 09-30-2013, 06:02 AM
Undy
Safety Car

Received 1,091 Likes on 575 Posts

If you find a MFR that guarantees this please let us all know... I'd be very surprised.

Really though, if you're that paranoid about the whole warranty voiding affair then leave it 100% bone stock.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Anyone have warranty denied due to headers